It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apu from the Simpsons is being removed because of dumb people

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Those skits are a crack up , Indians often have a very strange sense of humor.

When it comes to their movies, I honestly can't tell if they're trying to be serious or silly. lol

LMFAO!

They love to be like that, what's bad about it? Is like old Mexican westerns and the ridiculous gun fights too, they all have very fun ways to make fun of things and that's why i think it is very bad to hide them away because they don't fit a particular culture or stupid backwards way of thinking

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Necrobile

I wonder if some day (if the current song remains the same) that South Park will be bought out by some weirdo like Ted Turner and shunned in that way as well.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

Watch Kwik-E-Mart be changed to Church's Chicken and a black man run it because #BlackLivesMatter even more.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
a reply to: Necrobile

I wonder if some day (if the current song remains the same) that South Park will be bought out by some weirdo like Ted Turner and shunned in that way as well.

That's actually a very sad thought to ponder, but if things continue to go down this route it could happen. Thankfully I don't believe it will. As time goes on it seems more and more people are actually getting tired of PC culture, even minorities. It's only a matter of time before the pendulum swings back the other way.

imgflip.com...
edit on 27-10-2018 by Necrobile because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

The funny thing is Indians are funny and don't mind a bit of racist humor either.
It's a pity the world has become over sensitive

It's a bit crude but it's not really wrong

I think only Australians would get the humor in those skits.
Not sure if they are targeting Aussies or Indians but I always laugh/cringe

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   

The funny thing is Indians are funny and don't mind a bit of racist humor either.

I think only Australians would get the humor in those skits.
Not sure if they are targeting Aussies or Indians but I always laugh/cringe

I get it too lmao, and i'm not one of those

-

Sayra

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

RIP APU. You deserve a military funeral.

You died for a political cause.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 04:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

But but... isn't diversity their PC slogan?

You cant show people from India, snarf snarf.

Proper representation on TV et al is 65% blacks, 22% hispanics and 13% whites. Oh yeah, and 93% homosexuals etc, and 7% cishets.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Matt Groening could cause total SJW head exploding chaos by having Abu come out as gay.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

It's been time for the Simpsons to just be canceled altogether. The show stopped being funny decades ago. Time to let the entire show go.

Agreed , the PC stuff is nonsense but while the Simpsons was a great show it's now well past its sell by date.
edit on 28-10-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

LIES!!!

Americans apparently know more about “The Simpsons” than they do about the First Amendment.

Only one in four Americans can name more than one of the five freedoms guaranteed by the First Amendment. But more than half can name at least two members of the cartoon family, according to a survey.

The study by the new McCormick Tribune Freedom Museum found that 22 percent of Americans could name all five Simpson family members, compared with just one in 1,000 people who could name all five First Amendment freedoms.

Joe Madeira, director of exhibitions at the museum, said he was surprised by the results. www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   

I would love to see a few more.

How to Talk Cajun, deep South US, Texan, Upper New England, rough like seasoned New Yorker's or Vegan.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

originally posted by: Athetos
Don’t worry we still have South Park.
At least they still have their tegrity.

We do still have South Park, but for how much longer?? I really do think Matt n' Trey are on their way out, which is why the most recent season isn't really that good in regards to writing, but you can definitely tell their goal is to offend people to the point where they get cancelled.

I'm really excited for the next episode, I'm curious who's next on their radar.

The people of the ilk who are too PC to allow things they think should not be said are crazy. They act just like those baby's. So, Oriental is a bad word now? My wife was correcting me. Sad they win this round of free speech.

Why is the name western cultured people used for century's as they used for Africa or Europe so wrong? Africa isn't a bad word. The Orient is a historically well used name for that location like Mexico or the British Isle's. Asia is a Continent like N and S America are. PC is BS and it is denying free speech we all have. George Carlin would be tearing these PC nincompoops a new rear end!

I did watch the clip from SP but I have not been so inclined to have the nastiness of mankind exposed so colorfully like the writers do. I see enough of it and hear enough of it in real life. I laugh at Simpson's it has the every-man's flaws type characters. Apu is one who has his and it is 'racist' to some progs but it is funny and I know Hindu's living here that laugh at it and like the accent.

edit on 28-10-2018 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

I would love to see a few more.

How to Talk Cajun, deep South US, Texan, Upper New England, rough like seasoned New Yorker's or Vegan.

What makes it so funny is in some aspects it's a very near mirror of a true reality
It wouldn't be funny if the content was overly exaggerated, it's only partially exaggerated

Indians laughing at themselves and at us
The videos were done by an Aussie though

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Well, at least I will have him forever immortalized in my Lego Kwik E Mart set. LOL
Stupid PC Crowd.
We don't know how to laugh at our selves, so we are going to ruin it for everyone.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Meh as far as stereotypes go apu's out of date anyway. He's not constantly talking to someone on a Bluetooth headphone while being aggressive to any and all women.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
So the kilt wearing Scotsman gets to stay?
*shrug*

Of course Cletus and Mr. Burns are totally PC as all white people are either rich or inbred.

The only inaccurate white person in the show is Auto...
Far to cool.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Im offended that they are offended. Can we do something about that?

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Give them time they will find something else to whine about.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Yeah this is bogus. I've seen indian cricket players that could easily pass off as Apu, should they be removed from the national team? hell no.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join