It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cant buy it..Build it...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Guy in china likes flying but as with life sometimes you cant do the things you want..Saving his pennies he decided to do next best thing..

BEIJING: When a Chinese garlic farmer's dream of flying an airplane didn't pan out, he decided to build one instead. The full-scale replica of the Airbus A320 built by farmer Zhu Yue is now nearly finished, permanently taxied on a short piece of tarmac surrounded by wheat fields in northeast China.

www.channelnewsasia.com... HZPN-CGUXKLlga0uCL-tNO6xtJAImYGlJI

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   
He could do a lot with that model - use it for training, parties or a hotel.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:30 PM
link   
That's a pretty cool story.

I have relatives who live in China, and the population of China do not get to own and fly airplanes like we do here.
They don't have small private plane ownership there, or anything like that. Also no water skiing, no pleasure boats on lakes, no jet skis, nothing like we have in the rest of the world. If there are any of those things there, they are VERY rare.

Eating food is their one big thing to do, which then is no surprise this guy is making it into a restaurant.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Would be nice.
Can't build anything in America anymore-you don't have the correct permit!

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed
Ive worked with Chinese boat Welders...Damn nice guys and can party hard...Damn hard workers too.Just not the best at thinking outside the box..

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger
I know what you mean but then every now and again you run into some Chinese guys who think so far outside the box its not funny. I'd say this guy fits the latter profile, and good on him. I'm actually really impressed by his effort, Airbus should give him a leg up if they can, which shouldn't be to hard as they have an assembly line for 320's over there.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Damn straight

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
My wife thought I was nuts when I built a 50% scale P-47 some 30 years ago. It flew but was too snug for my wide posterior to be comfortable. I sold it and bought a Quadcity Challenger confirming my wife's initial though. I enjoyed building as much as flying them.

new topics

top topics

join