It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the Migrants looking for in the US?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

It isn’t usually an hourly job and has typically never been one. Most winieries here in Napa pay based on how much is picked, not by the hour.

I’d like to see where he is getting those statistics.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

So, where is this caravan at?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

It isn’t usually an hourly job and has typically never been one. Most winieries here in Napa pay based on how much is picked, not by the hour.

I’d like to see where he is getting those statistics.
necessity is the mother of invention, if you need to pay X to get X amount picked and can afford it, you will pay X. At the same time if there are massive quantities that will pick X for pennies there is no reason for you not to pay pennies and pocket the profits.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Necessity is the mother of invention?!!? Lol! What does that even mean? Spoiler alert: nothing!!

That doesn’t address the question and is simply dancing around the obvious. Tucker is full of it and has no idea what he’s talking about and either do you. I’ve seen the checks from harvest, they’re not small.

This valley is worth billions and migrant workers are integral to its success. Like it or not, it’s facts.

Napa Valley Wine: 34 Billion

Whatever happened to the caravan?
edit on 6-2-2019 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: JAGStorm

One group of young men in the caravan said they wanted to work for minimum wage, wire the $$$ back home for a few years, then return there and never have to work again.

You mean,
Work for a minimum wage, wire the $$$ back home for a few years, enough to bring their families back with them?

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The simple way to solve this would be for any migrant, legal or illegal, to not be eligible for any government benefits for 10 years or more.

If they are found here in the U.S. illegally, they should be detained till deported. Their deportation hearing would happen within 7 days of being caught, no exceptions or extensions.

A person deported for illegally entering should not be eligible for entry for 10 years.

If there is no incentive to come, they won't.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

Necessity is the mother of invention?!!? Lol! What does that even mean? Spoiler alert: nothing!!

That doesn’t address the question and is simply dancing around the obvious. Tucker is full of it and has no idea what he’s talking about and either do you. I’ve seen the checks from harvest, they’re not small.

This valley is worth billions and migrant workers are integral to its success. Like it or not, it’s facts.

Napa Valley Wine: 34 Billion

Whatever happened to the caravan?

So decades ago prior to the migration of tens of millions of migrants, you claim they simply could not work with the native population?

Somehow I think it likely was quite successful decades ago. And with factory workers with a high school diploma able to afford two story houses, stay at home wives, and half a dozens children; They would've obligatorily had competitive wages able to finance that too.
edit on 7-2-2019 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2019 by Xenogears because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join