It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the Migrants looking for in the US?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
Is this a giant caravan of people just wanting to come mooch off our system?

YES.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jusvistn
a reply to: blueman12

If they are skilled, they should pursue legal admission.

A hostile advance on our border is NOT the way to come here.

How is a group of unarmed civilians hostile? That just sounds silly.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Penywaarder
a reply to: JAGStorm

This post is an example of the unwelcome change that has happened to ATS in recent times. ATS was once a site where you could find interesting posts related to the weird, the unexplained,conspiracy or unknown events. Now, the site seems mostly devoted to crackpot right wing tropes or outright Trump worship. I’ve been a reader of the site for 10+ years but have only recently decided to join the conversation. I miss the days where you could visit for posts that would baffle, interest or inform. Now, it just seems to contain so much hate and scared white people that its a sad window on the state of the American zeitgeist.

this post is an example of someone who was likely banned, so there is that.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Hostility does not always include arms.

They have shown to be hostile as a group by every definition.

Mg

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

originally posted by: Jusvistn

If they are skilled, they should pursue legal admission.

A hostile advance on our border is NOT the way to come here.

How is a group of unarmed civilians hostile? That just sounds silly.

And you can prove, 100%, that not a single person in that ungodly hoard is not armed>?

If someone tried to force their way into your home unwanted, armed or unarmed, would you not consider that an hostile invasion?

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I've never been banned and I'm also not a right wing.. at all, and drumroll.... I'm not white. So how does that fit your narrative? But thanks for trying to put me in a neat little box.

I think ATS is a perfect place to discuss certain social issues and civil unrest. These are the times we are living in.
Discussing them is absolutely the best thing we can do. There have been several issues that I have changed my expanded my view on based on other opinions, facts brought to light and such. I'm sure that has happened with others too, even if they may not admit it on here. Sure there are tons of people that are the polar extremes, but I think that is the exception. I really think most people are closer to the middle. I think these discussion threads are very importance, and really wish more stuff like this were available to the mainstream. I read a lot of the links that people post, and some of them have actually shown that my train of thinking was in error or skewed by the media. I am a big enough person to admit that.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Or looking for the American Dream. You don't hear much about the Mexican Dream. Maybe we have oversold ourselves.

It seems quite a few took the offer though.

Authorities said more than 1,700 had already applied for refugee status.

Whats it called? Right, you said it. Its the American dream. They aren't Americans. Around 800 troops have been ordered to the border. I think they will be better off not wasting their time and just take Mexico's offer.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

Or looking for the American Dream. You don't hear much about the Mexican Dream. Maybe we have oversold ourselves.

Whats it called? Right, you said it. Its the American dream. They aren't Americans. Around 800 troops have been ordered to the border. I think they will be better off not wasting their time and just take Mexico's offer.

Well that assumption about the name of a country was dumb

Think about this

South Americans are moving to Central America, then attempt to break into North America, so they go ahead and break into it with the intention to reach "America"

LMFAO

Which one "America" are they trying to reach?

They aren't Americans

Oh they are Americans all the way, just not your flavor of "American"

On the other hand i don't support them at all, i have said so clearly, in other threads and one of them where i had been clear about what was really going on got completely removed with no explanation, so be it, but you don't have a clue anyway about what you are talking about in the end

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoneSay

Think about this

South Americans are moving to Central America, then attempt to break into North America, so they go ahead and break into it with the intention to reach "America"

LMFAO

They aren't Americans

On the other hand i don't support them at all, i have said so clearly, in other threads and one of them where i had been clear about what was really going on got completely removed with no explanation, so be it, but you don't have a clue anyway about what you are talking about in the end

Right because when Phage referenced the "American dream" he may have been talking about the South American dream. I can see where your confusion lies, people get those two mixed up all the time.

And when I said they werent American I was obviously talking about the continent of South America because I put the word "South" in front of the word America right? Oh I didn't?

I am not confused about which "America" Phage was referencing when he mentioned the "American dream". And I'm confident Phage isn't muddled about which America I am referring to.

I'm sorry you are so bewildered, perhaps you should brush up on your reading comprehension a bit. Have a good day!

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: BoneSay

Think about this

LMFAO

They aren't Americans

Right because when Phage referenced the "American dream" he may have been talking about the South American dream. I can see where your confusion lies, people get those two mixed up all the time.

And when I said they werent American I was obviously talking about the continent of South America because I put the word "South" in front of the word America right? Oh I didn't?

I am not confused about which "America" Phage was referencing when he mentioned the "American dream". And I'm confident Phage isn't muddled about which America I am referring to.

I'm sorry you are so bewildered, perhaps you should brush up on your reading comprehension a bit. Have a good day!

Or perhaps you should get a geography book a d a history book then look at a map and learn what the word America really references, but you won't because you can't handle reality lmao, anyways, the truth is not going to disappear because of you

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

Okay then genius, enlighten me. What was Phage referring to when he mentioned the "American dream"?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Their goal is to make america mexico 2.0. You dont need any studies to figure that one out.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: Carcharadon

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: DBCowboy

They're invaders.

Invaders take whatever they want.

Said no native American ever... Huh...

Sure they did. And they did it too.

Go ask an Apache about the Comanche.

Go ask any Plains Tribe member about the Comanche.

Go ask around about the Sioux and what they did.

This idiot idea that Indians were somehow above the fray and didnt do what humans have done the world over has to be one of the most moronic, idiotic, stupid and braindead historical revisionisms being perpetrated these days.

Absolute idiocy.

The natives did everything they whine about the Europeans doing, to each other and for much longer.

And no, natives weren't one with the land either.

One cannot be in tune with Mother Nature and drive 5000 Buffalo off a cliff while only being able to use about 10% of the meat and hides because everything was pulped.

The Noble Savage is a myth and a Leftist fantasy that never existed.

Pure, unadulterated idiocy spread to other idiots by idiots.

I would guess the big difference is that the majority of us Native Americans don't whine about it or try to use it to score political points for two American ideologies that the majority of us don't care about at all. We just normally watch from the sidelines as you get more bigoted and more crazy each decade.

But thanks you two for completely showing off your actual ignorance of the People, both in your own unique way.

ETA.. your comment on buffalo pissed me off. We did that because it killed less tribesmen than going one-one-one with a one ton animal. Buffalo at the time outnumbered people, so it wasn't seen as waste, but something the Mother gave us to survive. There wasn't a shortage of Buffalo and Bison before the white men slaughtered them for money, you see...

But hey! It has gotten a lot better now!

Americans throw away billions of pounds of food each year, worth billions of dollars and enough to feed millions of people.

In fact, if we were able to recover all of our wasted food, we could provide a 2,000-calorie diet to 84% of the population, said Dr. Roni Neff, a Johns Hopkins University researcher who led a first-ever study examining the nutrients we're tossing in the trash.

Regardless of the why, doing that to a herd of buffalo is not being in tune with nature. Sorry but it just isn't.

As for your other comments, you don't know a damn thing about me. I'm a 1/4 Sioux( Hunkpapa) and I can trace that lineage all the way back to when Sitting Bull fled the States and crossed the Medicine Line into Canada where they stayed for years.

I'm from Alberta Canada and we have a huge Indian population. My best friend is a member of the Kainai Nation (Blood Tribe). My brothers wife is Cree. My cousins wife is a Blackfoot.

I've grown up with, lived with,hunted with, drank with, dated and worked with Natives my entire life. I've been to traditional Cree and Blood ceremonies that are almost always closed to outsiders. I've been to the US to witness a recreation of the Sioux Ghost Dance Rituals. I've taken peyote with tribal elders and spent time in sweat lodges.

I know the People. I have my whole life. And will until I die.

I also know that the People were just as bloodthirsty and sadistic as anyone else on the planet. Obviously not every tribe is comparable to the Comanches and their sadistic butchery but more than enough were.

Please understand that I don't say this with malice or an agenda to absolve European colonists of THEIR actions but I do say it because it's the truth.

Everything wasn't rainbows and lollipops before the Europeans. There was always bloody and brutal tribal conflicts going on. That's why when the Brits allied with a tribe the French would ally with that tribes mortal enemies.

Hopefully next time you use your brain before running your mouth and assuming someone is a white devil trying to insult "The People".

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy
Migrants aren’t invaders, they come here to work. I live in Napa Valley and this billion dollar region would tank without the migrant farm workers.

How many of you eat fruit, vegetables, dairy (*cough* Devin Nunes *cough*) or drink wine? Do you think the bounty magically just appears at the store?

So you need the slave labor?

Democrats never change.

Once the party of slavery, ALWAYS the party of slavery.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

a reply to: Wardaddy454

They are migrant workers and many of them live in the dorms at the wineries. I’m not telling you where I work but yes, I have first hand knowledge and interact with migrant workers every day. They come here to work, some people stay and work all year, other people travel across the state and return at harvest. Some are here legally and most are not.

Why can't the companies employing these people raise their wages and hire Americans instead?

Why do you care more about foreigners than your fellow American citizens?

Why are you advocating that it's all right for a multi billion dollar industry to import workers (and denying Americans jobs) and treat them like slave labor or indentured servants?

Seriously, how does that compute?

You think that a multi billion dollar industry paying slave wages to poor minorities in order to maximize their profits and greed, is better than these corporations paying a fair wage to American citizens?

You are scum and if you actually think like this you are also quite clearly a massive racist.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

They're invaders.

This idiot idea that Indians were somehow above the fray and didnt do what humans have done the world over has to be one of the most moronic, idiotic, stupid and braindead historical revisionisms being perpetrated these days.

Absolute idiocy.

The natives did everything they whine about the Europeans doing, to each other and for much longer.

One cannot be in tune with Mother Nature and drive 5000 Buffalo off a cliff while only being able to use about 10% of the meat and hides because everything was pulped.

And you know our connection to Nature how?
I am Iroqouie Nation of the Narragansett Tribe.

And yes we murdered each other for fun when the Euros arrived.

Two years before that we were pretty advanced.

Then the plague killed off 98% of our population amd what you arrived to was a budgeted version of a Post Apocalyptic society that in the two year dark age went
MAD MAX meets Conan.

And yes back then and some few of us now DO HAVE A CONNECTION WITH NATURE.

You just fail to see it in most modern America. But it is a thing and it exists independent of your opinions based on the obvious fact you have never personally managed to establish a connection.

But astute observation about how mean we were and still are to other tribes.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Migrants aren’t invaders, they come here to work. I live in Napa Valley and this billion dollar region would tank without the migrant farm workers.

How many of you eat fruit, vegetables, dairy (*cough* Devin Nunes *cough*) or drink wine? Do you think the bounty magically just appears at the store?

So you need the slave labor?

Democrats never change.

Once the party of slavery, ALWAYS the party of slavery.

Tucker said, iirc, that fruit picking used to be a 15-17 dollar an hour job. They came in mass and depressed wages below the minimum wage.

Not only have lots of jobs gotten their wage so depressed to the point you can't live off of them. But the fact is, they can't survive on the wages they're willing to work for, not a living wage and all that. So they mooch of the welfare system, and still the quality of life with such a small drip of income is so low that it strongly promotes crime.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConspiracyofRavens

They're invaders.

Absolute idiocy.

Then the plague killed off 98% of our population amd what you arrived to was a budgeted version of a Post Apocalyptic society that in the two year dark age went
MAD MAX meets Conan.

You just fail to see it in most modern America. But it is a thing and it exists independent of your opinions based on the obvious fact you have never personally managed to establish a connection.

Just like the other idiot, making assumptions based on nothing but your own bias.

I probably know just as many natives as you do.

And it may not be an astute observation but it's one that needs to be said because there has been a lot of revisionism as far as the natives and their pre-Euro contact civilization are concerned.

I find it hilarious that natives believe that their connection to nature is somehow unique or special. It isnt. All pre industrial and pre agricultural societies were like that.

Everyone at one point had pretty much the same beliefs as the N.American Indian as far as mother nature was concerned.

The thing is, most cultures evolved out of that while the N.American Indian did not.

It's not good or bad. It just is.

And basing a worldview around Nature and the planet is in no way unique to N.American natives no matter how hard they try to convince everyone that it was. It wasn't.

And before you run your mouth and spout off check out my follow up post to Lumenari.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConspiracyofRavens

They're invaders.

Absolute idiocy.

MAD MAX meets Conan.

Pretty advanced? Compared to who?

Not Asians.
Not Europeans.
Not Arabs or Jews.
Not N.Africans.
Not Russians .
Not Indians (from India).

The N.American Indian was not advanced compared to other civilizations. The Iroquois might have been advanced compared to other Native tribes, not so much compared to anyone else.

This is just historical fact.

You can't claim to be advanced when the domestication of the horse had to be introduced.

If you read my follow up to Lumenari you will clearly see that I have much love and great respect for my Indian brothers and sisters. BUT, that isn't going to make me be blind to historical truths.

Personally I'm partial towards the Sioux(of which I am 1/4), the Apache and the Comanche.

The Comanche might have developed into the finest cavalry warriors in the world in the short time hey had access to horses. Brilliant warriors, peerless horseman. But also sadistic butchers and reavers that would have been on par with the Vikings and the Mongols.

Quanah Parker has long been a hero of mine from a very young age.

Honorable mentions go to Cochise, Geronimo, Crazy Horse and Spotted Elk.

posted on Jan, 13 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon

They pay well and above minimum wage. You’re ridiculous for calling me a racist as I have no control on who works where. How about do a bit of research on migrant workers before coming at me with some twisted logic. You’re the one bringing up skin color, newb.

This site has been targeted by those that are trying to destroy our country. It’s sickening what this site has become.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join