It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the Migrants looking for in the US?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Chicago:
Crime linked to illegal immigration, not immigrants themselves
chicago.suntimes.com...

Goes perfectly with what I mentioned earlier about jobs.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

And he insisted that he did not directly link illegal immigration to crime.

Cool. But like you said, this thread is about asylum seekers.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoneSay

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: dragonridr

Likely for the same reasons you don't want to live in Mexico.

Why is that ive seriously considered retiring there. Do you hate Mexicans? Sad when individuals can't look past the hate.

And yet Mexico has like a million illegal people from the US, this is ridiculous and also insulting for me because i don't even have the same rights they have while living on the same country as US illegals do, they have more rights than i do and i entered this country legally and applied for all the required documents lmao

World is upside down around these parts lmfao

I came to this country by my own choice by the way

So you're upset with illegals in Mexico from both the U. S as we'll as south and central America?

Of course, they all are wrong. Or i'm wrong?

I don't know what you want to get to but it is dumb to even ask this, clearly you want to lead me and it is boring and dumb

So you can't answer a simple question, then all I can conclude is you are completely full of #.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Likely for the same reasons you don't want to live in Mexico.

Why is that ive seriously considered retiring there. Do you hate Mexicans? Sad when individuals can't look past the hate.

And yet Mexico has like a million illegal people from the US, this is ridiculous and also insulting for me because i don't even have the same rights they have while living on the same country as US illegals do, they have more rights than i do and i entered this country legally and applied for all the required documents lmao

World is upside down around these parts lmfao

I came to this country by my own choice by the way

So you're upset with illegals in Mexico from both the U. S as we'll as south and central America?

Of course, they all are wrong. Or i'm wrong?

I don't know what you want to get to but it is dumb to even ask this, clearly you want to lead me and it is boring and dumb

So you can't answer a simple question, then all I can conclude is you are completely full of #.

I already said they are all wrong, no one should go into another country illegally. It was very clear when i said it the first time

But thanks for the insult
edit on 27-10-2018 by BoneSay because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

One group of young men in the caravan said they wanted to work for minimum wage, wire the $$$ back home for a few years, then return there and never have to work again.

Bingo.

edit on 021031America/ChicagoSat, 27 Oct 2018 22:02:36 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: BoneSay

I was looking for clarification of what you were saying, I was thrown by your statement about a million illegal US citizens in Mexico with more rights than you have. You understand this is an international forum right, we are not all in the U. S. And ive never been to Mexico so it was a reasonable question regardless of how stupid you may think it is. Oh and your welcome.
edit on 27-10-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Yes , but you do get the Gist of what I am Saying , no ?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

I was looking for clarification of what you were saying, I was thrown by your statement about a million US citizens in Mexico with more rights than you have. You understand this is an international forum right, we are not all in the U. S. And ive never been to Mexico so it was a reasonable question regardless of how stupid you may think it is. Oh and your welcome.

I'm sorry, i tend to fail with explanations or being clear at first. I mean this, i requested a work visa on Mexico because my family was and has been running businesses here for 10+ years, it was denied and i have to wait at least 4 years before i can get one.

Meanwhile whoever and whatever those guys came from will get the work visa for free right now, the visas are already being delivered, i went and asked if i could get mine and got rejected again. So whoever mara guy that managed to break through the border using kids as a shield gets a work visa with no regard for his past or any background check but me who has been doing all the things the right way and had a family with history of doing good business here for more than a decade is rejected. Great. That's all about what i want to say about the illegal stuff and yes there are lots of US citizens on Mexico that are illegal and they also don't have any problems having business and working in whatever they want, nobody cares.

I'm not a US citizen, to clarify that too, but i don't even want to talk about that anymore. My point was that it is stupidly ridiculous how things are being managed and it is clear to me that the people that will reach the US border will indeed not be the good ones, because the good people are either returning to their homes or accepting asylum in Mexico, only the ones that have things to hide or other motives are moving forward demanding to be let through

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 10:19 PM
link   

OK cool thanks for the explanation.

Yes the system is rigged, I would say broken but the reality is it's only broken for us plebs, the system works just fine for the select few. Unless the people on mass get together to reign in this corruption it won't change, but I wouldn't hold my breath as those that pull the strings have the people fighting each other over partisan nonsense.
edit on 27-10-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 01:32 AM
link   
They want to join ms13

They want to work off the books

They want to be able to walk Into an emergency room and get any kind of treatment

They have their hands open to the 100s of churches and groups that will over shower them with food, clothes, shelter, money, cars. Jobs.

By me there were so many illegals with so .many children that when they went to work. Many of the illegals would leave their kids in cars, or have them sleep in the horse stables while the parent cleaned.

There were so many kids in cars is was getting bad.
Not most would be reprimanded and maybe even fined for leaving kids unattended in cars.

This group of workers got a charity to open a day care for all the workers kids.

It was a donation never seen before.

Then 2 weeks later one kills another in a love triangle and flees the country.

There is zero law and order

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 04:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

One group of young men in the caravan said they wanted to work for minimum wage, wire the $$$ back home for a few years, then return there and never have to work again.

this shows a big part of the problem almost perfectly. there is a huge disconnect about the value of money in most countries, especially the poorer ones. many people in poorer nations think that as soon as they get to the US (or to be honest almost any rich country, it's just that the US is considered to be the "richest"), that they will have lots of money, big homes, and things like cars. pretty much just for showing up. some of that has to do with the past, where only the very rich could afford to travel. so that anyone they ever saw from foreign countries was normally rich beyond belief. but now with things like the internet and global news coverage has actually made this wrongful thinking even worse.

they see how much money people make, and to them it is a small fortune. especially when they see things like the fight over a $15 minimum wage. to them also knowing exchange rates that is an extreme amount of money. in the Philippines for example $15 is equal to over 800 Piso in local money. which is much more than many people even earn in a 12 hour day, at a decent paying job. they see all that they could buy, and how well off they would be to even earn that minimum wage. in short in their home country they would be rich. and that is where the big part of the finical disconnect takes place. they see it in terms of the value of that money in their home country. they do not even consider that it also COSTS that much more to live in those higher paying countries like the US. and if you explain that difference of the value of money it completely blows them away. like that this carton of cigarettes (with the price that has skyrocketed the last few years making them FAR more expensive), costs less than one single pack in the US. or that they pay perhaps 2,500 Piso for a nice brand new condo apartment a month, and that being in the capital city. but a small and to be honest rather crappy, in poor condition apartment in a big city in North America might well cost OVER 53,000 piso a month. or that that nice new Ford SUV would cost them $8,000us more to buy in the US than it costs them in the Philippines (and yes i did do some price checking a couple years back and the price of a small Ford SUV cost over $8,000 more in the US and Canada, for the exact same vehicle). and in North America it isn't even a luxury/status symbol vehicle. or that it's cheaper to take a taxi at home than to take a bus in North America. they just have no concept of paying so much more for everything, that goes along with those high wages.

mo, all they see is how much more money they will have to buy everything and anything they want, because they will be rich. all they are thinking is that high wage, but with prices of everything the same as it is in their home country. i have had many conversations with people who think like that. and it is extreemly hard to convince them that, NO, they will not be rich on that minimum wage, and that in fact they may even be worse off financually. i swear a good chunk just think you are trying to keep all that money for yourself, and don't want to let them come and share in that wealth, because you are greedy.

one thing that can make it even worse is that those who do go to other countries send so much money home. those at home don't see how they scrimp and save to do so. working all they can to send what in a place like North America is a little bit of money, but back home is an abundance of riches. thsi is an article from a couple weeks ago that shows some of this finacual disconect between offshore workers and those at home. i would urge you to read it. it shows a lot of what i have been saying and the views of those back in poorer nations and their expectations of anyone in a rich country being rich.

When I come home for my annual vacation, I am often welcomed by my family with open arms (and open palms), relatives and friends asking for pasalubong, neighbors waiting for a treat, and even street bums demanding for pang-toma. I also get swarmed with messages from people borrowing money, asking for donations, or offering all kinds of products.

Most returning OFWs face the same dilemmas and, just like them, I wish that the Filipinos I come home to will get to realize certain things.

We don’t own the proverbial goose that lays the golden eggs.
The money that we managed to acquire—and to save, if we’re lucky—is earned through sheer hard work, perseverance and sound budget management. We work double or even triple jobs and grab every chance we have to do overtime work. We don’t squander time and money; every minute and every centavo count for us. We may be receiving higher salaries compared to yours but the cost of living abroad is normally higher, too. We may be earning in dollars (or other high-yielding currency), but we are also spending in dollars.

The balikbayan box that we send you does not get filled with a simple wave of a wand. It takes weeks, even months, of countless trips to various retail stores that sell your desired items at a discount. Those signature shoes, bags, fragrances, makeup products, and electronic gadgets that you’ve been incessantly bugging me about? They are all in that balikbayan box that I painstakingly paid for with my sweat, blood and tears.

Being an OFW is all about sacrifice. Our life here away from you is already tough and difficult as it is. It becomes miserable, however, when we are unnecessarily encumbered by expectations that are excessive, unrealistic and unreasonable – something that is preventable if you only have an idea of what we have to go through to provide you with the kind of life that you now enjoy.
lifestyle.inquirer.net...

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   
A free ride and under the table work so that they can send the money back to their home country.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I don't like how they are coming here. It is wrong and I am sure there are a lot of criminals mixed in, but I know many are desperate and fleeing from what in some cases is worse than a war zone. This needs to be figured out - how, I don't know. It is a bad situation and this country is partially to blame from how we have interfered in their country in the past. I have been to Honduras and Tegucigalpa made Detriot look safe.

The US is already involved with their corrupt government maybe we need to take a more active role to help get it on track. There has to be a solution where thousands of their citizens don't feel the need to flee the country each year.
edit on 28-10-2018 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jusvistn
A free ride and under the table work so that they can send the money back to their home country.

Many also start or bring a family here. Many want citizenship and to pay taxes. I would think that the majority do. You can make decent money in the u.s. as a skilled laborer. Even if it's all cash under the table.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

If they are skilled, they should pursue legal admission.

A hostile advance on our border is NOT the way to come here.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Great news, I heard they are organizing a boat to bring them all to your island! Wont' that be nice, you can welcome them in person.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   

But feel free to correct me by providing evidence.

I have stated multiple times that higher high tides are inundating my seawall more and more often. But nothing about using my ankles as a measuring stick.

That would probably require months worth of scrolling, without rest, through your post history. Perhaps more as this was in my early days.

All I can say is that I've no reason to make up something so obscure. Its possible you were being facetious, but your posts are typically monotone, so who knows.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

And he insisted that he did not directly link illegal immigration to crime.

Cool. But like you said, this thread is about asylum seekers.

And that's the rub. Instead of trying to enter illegally and getting deported, lets try and seek asylum under its vague terms of what constitutes a credible fear.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

If Mexico lets this horde of ppl all the way though to the US border could the US declare war on Mexico for having a insurgent force massing on the southern US border? If so, would that not be a deterrent for Mexico to stop this caravan. My big question, what hidden force has caused this migration now and not 6 month ago? To me it seems like another attempt to put Americans against one another on the emigration subject before an election cycle.

Thanks Soros.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

This post is an example of the unwelcome change that has happened to ATS in recent times. ATS was once a site where you could find interesting posts related to the weird, the unexplained,conspiracy or unknown events. Now, the site seems mostly devoted to crackpot right wing tropes or outright Trump worship. I’ve been a reader of the site for 10+ years but have only recently decided to join the conversation. I miss the days where you could visit for posts that would baffle, interest or inform. Now, it just seems to contain so much hate and scared white people that its a sad window on the state of the American zeitgeist.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join