It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the Migrants looking for in the US?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Yes.

"What? I can't close the border?"

No, sorry. It's "complicated."

So its not up to government officials.

Though even Obama sent 1,200 National Guard troops to the border, seemingly without push back.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You're right, Phage. All they have to do is get across the border and find a border agent and ask for the asylum. But, I read somewhere that 93% of asylum seekers are turned down when they return for their hearing. They receive a court date and are let loose into the country and most never come back for their hearing.

They know this.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: odzeandennz

Ask Warren.

Zing!

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   

That's what I asked.

Supply and demand, (take out the migrant part)
too many workers= less pay, not enough=workers more pay.
It actually benefit very well educated and rich people, but for middle class and the poor it's not good.
www.nap.edu...

Now add in the migrant part, should Americans be subject to lower pay because people from other countries are working illegally?

I think we are talking two different issues here too. People that come here as Asylum seekers, and those that do it illegally and slip into the system.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: BoneSay

I wonder how many more MS13 members or would be members are on the way.

By my own experience, lots of them, i have seen very few people actually looking for work or otherwise asking for help. But friend got his car stolen and i have seen how they steal from people on the streets, i had written about it on other thread that got removed i don't know why but i explained well what i have seen on that one. In point, i think the good people either accepted asylum in Mexico or asked for help to return to their country, which was given and they were sent back. The remaining ones are those guys who will not take anything but a permissions to go through Mexico and reach the US illegally in both countries, and nothing else can do

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

That's what I asked.

Supply and demand, (take out the migrant part)
too many workers= less pay, not enough=workers more pay.
It actually benefit very well educated and rich people, but for middle class and the poor it's not good.
www.nap.edu...

Now add in the migrant part, should Americans be subject to lower pay because people from other countries are working illegally?

I think we are talking two different issues here too. People that come here as Asylum seekers, and those that do it illegally and slip into the system.

Well if there was a system in place to made it difficult to employ illegal immigrants this wouldn't be an issue, as it is however the employer is free to exploit both immigrants and American citizens, So who we blame for this?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Yes.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:14 PM
link   

a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Good for you.

Not much has changed on that front for me.

Near as I can tell, I might come out a couple of hundred better on taxes for the year. But for me the other crap (the anti-science nonsense for example) ain't worth it.

You don't care about the deficit though. How very conservative of you.

Rich, coming from a guy that measures the sea level with his ankles...

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Can you explain what you mean by that?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Yes.

Which is why I asked Jenny, what is going on in Guatemala and Honduras? Is there war? Has there been an uptick in persecution against Jehova's Witnesses?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Just referencing a time long ago in a climate change thread, when you told me that you could tell the sea level was rising every time you stepped into the water.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:18 PM
link   

i understood him just fine.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Likely for the same reasons you don't want to live in Mexico.

Why is that ive seriously considered retiring there. Do you hate Mexicans? Sad when individuals can't look past the hate.

And yet Mexico has like a million illegal people from the US, this is ridiculous and also insulting for me because i don't even have the same rights they have while living on the same country as US illegals do, they have more rights than i do and i entered this country legally and applied for all the required documents lmao

World is upside down around these parts lmfao

I came to this country by my own choice by the way

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:25 PM
link   

I don't think I said that.
Because it makes no sense at all.
But feel free to correct me by providing evidence.

I have stated multiple times that higher high tides are inundating my seawall more and more often. But nothing about using my ankles as a measuring stick.
edit on 10/27/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:26 PM
link   

I don't think I said that.
Because it makes no sense at all.

Which was exactly my reaction.
And why it stuck with me.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

what is going on in Guatemala and Honduras?

A lot of gang activity and warfare, I think.
Am I wrong about that?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoneSay

Why is that ive seriously considered retiring there. Do you hate Mexicans? Sad when individuals can't look past the hate.

And yet Mexico has like a million illegal people from the US, this is ridiculous and also insulting for me because i don't even have the same rights they have while living on the same country as US illegals do, they have more rights than i do and i entered this country legally and applied for all the required documents lmao

So you're upset with illegals in Mexico from both the U. S as we'll as south and central America?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   

what is going on in Guatemala and Honduras?

A lot of gang activity and warfare, I think.
Am I wrong about that?

We have that here. Its just another Saturday night in places like Chicago.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Yes. I would not want to live in the heart of Chicago, from what I hear.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoneSay

So you're upset with illegals in Mexico from both the U. S as we'll as south and central America?

Of course, they all are wrong. Or i'm wrong?

I don't know what you want to get to but it is dumb to even ask this, clearly you want to lead me and it is boring and dumb

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join