It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says deadly Pittsburgh synagogue attack would have been different with armed guard

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
BTW, knowing Obama's record on wanting to implement drastic gun control laws, that "study" mandated by him should carry a lot of weight...

By law, studies about guns are not allowed to reach any conclusion other than some variation of more guns = better.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Another cattle rancher? That's a lot of bull manure to get into one post. Impressive!

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

I live in a state where it is legal to open carry... In this state there are events in which hundreds of people open carry in one place... Not once was there an "incident" in which people started shooting at everyone else...

BTW, knowing Obama's record on wanting to implement drastic gun control laws, that "study" mandated by him should carry a lot of weight...

One more thing, it is a FACT that there are people who right now in the U.S. are using their guns defensively, and mostly without having to shoot at anyone. It is as much of a deterrent against criminals as having one house with no metal bars in windows and doors meanwhile the rest of the neighborhood all have metal bars, and a metal gate. Which house do you think criminals will try to break into?

Likewise, when criminals know you are armed, most of them will not think about robbing you, or attacking you.

I live in a liberal state with no permit carry and it has a tiny population.

100 people on the sidewalk waiting to cross the street at a time in NYC. If you have 10's of thousands of people in a small location carry the number of accidents will rise quite a bit.

We also have cops who shoot the good guy because he can't tell who is who. We have cops shoot ccl people in front of their families now.

There are things to consider. There isn't one blanket solution. People in Texas may be more equipped to carry where as in LA it would be a warzone.

Also half of the mass shooters fantasize about the shoot out. Those are the ones in full armor usually. They have attacked police themselves, schools with guards, army bases with MP's etc..

There just isn't one solution.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Having lived both in LA and now in Texas I would say I feel much safer in Texas. I live in Houston which has over 4 million people. Yes, we have crime but nothing like LA.

Criminals can't carjack someone here without worrying that the driver has a gun and that does significantly reduce car jackings.

Criminals look for easy prey and we have far less of those than other places.

I honestly think that overly strict gun laws hurt most those who they are supposedly trying to protect. For most women there is no other way they are going to stop a grown man who intends them harm and women are the most likely to adhere to the laws. Even in states with strict laws, women should be given the right to be armed to protect themselves.

Men, teach your women to protect themselves because you might not always be around at that time of need. I taught my female friend and it helped her avoid a bad fate. She would have been just another statistic that no one really cares about. Thank God she is still around being the wonderful person she is.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Strate8

Having lived both in LA and now in Texas I would say I feel much safer in Texas. I live in Houston which has over 4 million people. Yes, we have crime but nothing like LA.

Criminals can't carjack someone here without worrying that the driver has a gun and that does significantly reduce car jackings.

Criminals look for easy prey and we have far less of those than other places.

I honestly think that overly strict gun laws hurt most those who they are supposedly trying to protect. For most women there is no other way they are going to stop a grown man who intends them harm and women are the most likely to adhere to the laws. Even in states with strict laws, women should be given the right to be armed to protect themselves.

Men, teach your women to protect themselves because you might not always be around at that time of need. I taught my female friend and it helped her avoid a bad fate. She would have been just another statistic that no one really cares about. Thank God she is still around being the wonderful person she is.

I lived in Texas for 13 years and Houston for 1. There is a lot of crime.

In fact you may be shocked to find the homicide rate per capita is higher in Dallas and houston than LA.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

I know what I left in LA, you can have it.
Houston the crime is more compartamentized, LA was all over the place. A lot of thuggery there, it was not cool at all. I lived there 5 years and would NEVER raise a family there. Crime, drugs, gangs, drugs, drugs.

Houston did go downhill after we got a lot of rifraff from New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, I'll give you that. Bad, hardcore criminals in New Orleans make other criminals look like cupcakes.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Armed Guards on every street corner, schools and churches ... Sounds like Russia when it was called the Soviet Union (run by the left) and Nazi Germany (run by the right). If this were the case though, there would be no need to carry as you are protected.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Another cattle rancher? That's a lot of bull manure to get into one post. Impressive!

TheRedneck

It's called the Dickey Amendment, it has effectively blocked any federal funds from being used to study gun control for 20 years. Essentially, in order to get funds the study in question cannot reach any conclusion favorable to gun control.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

TheRedneck

It's called the Dickey Amendment, it has effectively blocked any federal funds from being used to study gun control for 20 years. Essentially, in order to get funds the study in question cannot reach any conclusion favorable to gun control.

That is a lie. It only blocked the CDC from spending federal funds to promote gun control. Btw, Trump signed bill that allows CDC to research but not use federally appropriated funds to do so. This should be no problem for CDC since they hold multiple drug and vaccine patents and make millions off us every year.

You say sweapingly that no federal research could be completed but that is a lie. And since when is gun violence within CDC's realm anyway?

Source:
en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

By law, studies about guns are not allowed to reach any conclusion other than some variation of more guns = better.

LOL... Really?... Care to show us what "law" you are talking about?...

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Wrong...nice try... The Dickey Amendment is not blocking studies... It just blocks gun control measures because they are unconstitutional, but not studies... The amendment doesn't say "studies must be pro-gun..." The "manure" you gun grabbers make up when you really have no argument... lol

edit on 30-10-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

TheRedneck

With all that "manure" some gun grabbers create we could cover every square inch area in the U.S. and would have more land available for farming... i wonder why they haven't come up with a measure to use all that "manure" they create...

posted on Oct, 31 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Trump believes like myself that if everyone were armed, nobody would try anything sketchy. Like how the Nazis calmly walked through Switzerland without causing trouble, as they knew what would happen given that the Swiss are armed to the teeth, privately. The military and police would not have had to be involved. That is what Trump wants to see here.

Side note, that was actually Mr. Roger's actual neighborhood which he lived in. It was a bad day in the neighborhood that day.
edit on 31-10-2018 by Theocracy4America because: Mr Rogers

posted on Nov, 1 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Of course he does. What else is new? They haven't gotten a better party line yet?
edit on 1-11-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join