It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says deadly Pittsburgh synagogue attack would have been different with armed guard

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: primus2012

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: primus2012

Uh huh. So in your opinion the .223 to the chest of a flak jacket as the cop was ambushed wouldn't have put him to the ground?

Sorry buddy I work with plenty of law enforcement over the years. They get ambushed all the time. There goes your theory.

Army bases with armed guards have been attacked, etc...

It's basically a flu shot. Probably 30 percent effective at best and then the issues of accidents comes to play as well. Like when grandma does draw her .44 which will most like break her wrists.

Where the heck did I even begin talking about .223?

Mass murderers aren't going to start their day at the cop shop. They are looking for hapless and helpless, not locked and loaded.

Lol, that is the narrative from the right wing propaganda because they don't have a good solution either.

But no. Like I said many mass shooting are at places with armed guards. Including school shootings.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Uh huh. So in your opinion the .223 to the chest of a flak jacket as the cop was ambushed wouldn't have put him to the ground?

Sorry buddy I work with plenty of law enforcement over the years. They get ambushed all the time. There goes your theory.

It's basically a flu shot. Probably 30 percent effective at best and then the issues of accidents comes to play as well. Like when grandma does draw her .44 which will most like break her wrists.

Mass murderers aren't going to start their day at the cop shop. They are looking for hapless and helpless, not locked and loaded.

Lol, that is the narrative from the right wing propaganda because they don't have a good solution either.

But no. Like I said many mass shooting are at places with armed guards. Including school shootings.

I give up, not because you win, but because there's obviously a major incompatibility between my logic-circuit and your scrambler.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Broken bones are much less deadly than a bullet entering your body.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Trump is right, it would not have happend at all with an armed guard.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Pres. Trump is absolutely right! In The United States, it is perfectly "legal' to, for them, to have been armed.
They should have been armed. Evil is everywhere! Evil does not care about the "laws" of men. History proves that evil ignores the "laws" of even the Creator. Why would any people think evil would obey the laws of men?

They should have armed themselves. The only thing evil understands? Is "justifiable/good and righteous violence" to, and against, evil violence! And there is a difference. Wanting to murder and having to kill? Is not the same thing.

America, The United States, has been geographically protected from the heathens of the world, for many decades. But that time has passed. Thanks to the "educated/free thinkers" we (the US) are now, and will be victims of their "open/global/one world/open boarder mentality.

It would be prudent for every "real" American, to exercise their "Constitutional", GOD given, "natural law", "legal right", "To Bear Arms". And for every "Peace officer", (PUBLIC SERVANT) to stop trying to deprive us of or right to defend ourselves and country. Most of us, now "CIVILIANS", have been better trained, in the use of "ARMS", than any "Cop" could ever hope to jerk off to,... or dream of.

Pres. Trump is absolutely right!

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Pres. Trump is absolutely right! In The United States, it is perfectly "legal' to, for them, to have been armed.
They should have been armed. Evil is everywhere! Evil does not care about the "laws" of men. History proves that evil ignores the "laws" of even the Creator. Why would any people think evil would obey the laws of men?

They should have armed themselves. The only thing evil understands? Is "justifiable/good and righteous violence" to, and against, evil violence! And there is a difference. Wanting to murder and having to kill? Is not the same thing.

America, The United States, has been geographically protected from the heathens of the world, for many decades. But that time has passed. Thanks to the "educated/free thinkers" we (the US) are now, and will be victims of their "open/global/one world/open boarder mentality.

It would be prudent for every "real" American, to exercise their "Constitutional", GOD given, "natural law", "legal right", "To Bear Arms". And for every "Peace officer", (PUBLIC SERVANT) to stop trying to deprive us of or right to defend ourselves and country. Most of us, now "CIVILIANS", have been better trained, in the use of "ARMS", than any "Cop" could ever hope to jerk off to,... or dream of.

Pres. Trump is absolutely right!

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Doesn't require payment. Ask for volunteers to stand at the perimeters with visible holstered pistols/revolvers to protect their fellows and the lists would always be full. Could happen everywhere including malls and schools.

It requires payment, a lot of payment. The only way you're going to get people to do this, is if they can do it as their job if for no other reason than no one else has the time.

Lets take my small town. 12,000 people. Our town has 31 churches, 9 schools, 7 shopping centers. Assume each church needs 2 people, schools need 3, and shopping centers need 5 for full coverage. That's 118 spots, business hours will require 14 hours a day 7 days a week, or 98 man hours. That's 11,564 hours needed per week. At 40 hours per week you're looking at needing 289 people, throw in a little extra coverage for sick days, travel, and such and we can call it 300 people.

Now, lets take some minor extrapolation here and expand that to the entire country. We would be looking at needing 8,125,000 security guards just to cover those basic locations. That is more employees than the entire construction industry in the US. It is almost equal to retail. It is more than transportation and education combined.

Then consider, that the people who fill those jobs, will need to come from somewhere. That means you're going to have to pay them a wage that's higher than what is already out there. The median income in the US is $53,000 per year. So lets say you need to pay $56,000 per year to attract those people. That's $455 billion in wages annually.

That is almost as high as the defense budget, and it's not even true security. It's a couple of guards in a small handful of areas.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Theocracy4America
Trump is right, it would not have happend at all with an armed guard.

In attendance were four armed police officers.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

And how did that work out?
Obviously that didn't bother or stop, the perpetrator.
The only people that respect "law" are "good people". But law is made for the lawless, not the lawful. Don't bind good people with "law". The only people that obey law, are, and should not be, targeted by "law". According to "legal scholars"
"justice is blind". But apparently not? We have to have "trials", to help justice see? This peace oF S! Should've been met with hot lead, with extreme good o'l Merica! justice.
Pres. Trump is right! Finally someone in the "Oval Office" that understands the "American legal system". it's very refreshing,do you not think?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Depends very greatly upon the break, and where it is.

Broken rib puncturing a lung can be just as fatal as any bullet ever cast. Or a compound fracture that nick, or even severs, an artery.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22

And how did that work out?
Obviously that didn't bother or stop, the perpetrator.
The only people that respect "law" are "good people". But law is made for the lawless, not the lawful. Don't bind good people with "law". The only people that obey law, are, and should not be, targeted by "law". According to "legal scholars"
"justice is blind". But apparently not? We have to have "trials", to help justice see? This peace oF S! Should've been met with hot lead, with extreme good o'l Merica! justice.
Pres. Trump is right! Finally someone in the "Oval Office" that understands the "American legal system". it's very refreshing,do you not think?

So those police officers weren't good people?

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Depends very greatly upon the break, and where it is.

Broken rib puncturing a lung can be just as fatal as any bullet ever cast. Or a compound fracture that nick, or even severs, an artery.

Well. We've ruled out that we can't take the guns away. We've ruled out that we can't take the ammunition away. We've ruled out that armed guards aren't practical, economical, or effective.

It seems to me that the only thing left to do, is to walk around in body armor. Maybe it won't be 100% effective, but if it's even 1/3 effective that's significantly fewer deaths each year.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

I give up, not because you win, but because there's obviously a major incompatibility between my logic-circuit and your scrambler.

Or one of us has studied criminal justice and the other is using Breitbart.

Many mass shooters literally have the shootout as part of the fantasy..this is literally taught to police.

Less than half kill themselves.

So sure if you want to put grandma at the door not at all capable of firing her .44 accurately under stress or even at all, go ahead.

Personally if you have an explosive device(controlled as it may be in a firearm) on you, I would prefer you are adequately trained and whether you like it or not that requires weekly work. Probably should be doing 3 gun races to do elevated pressure shooting.

A lot of people pretend to understand firearms that really don't. It becomes obvious in these conversations.

This guy had body armor and large capacity rifle rounds. That is how it took 12 police who had 12lb triggers in their .9's with the three clips of 14 or whatever they have in their side arms.

edit on 29-10-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
If I am not mistaken, I believe that the Earths population has doubled in the last 50 years. I am positive the pop was around 1 billion in the 20's. The issue is more people = more crazies. No way around that stat. I think any soft targets like schools and churches should have an armed guard simply because there is no way to lessen the amount of crazies that would want to target them with violence. I don't really feel like this is a political issue, it is just the way it is.
edit on 29-10-2018 by tonycodes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: projectvxn

Oh. You want a real discussion. Not just a soapbox? Ok.

I don't think the answer is armed guards, or armed people...everywhere.

You want real discussion. Not a soapbox? Ok.

I don't think the answer is to deny the rest of the people of the U.S. of their right to own and bear arms. There is no such thing as "common sense gun laws." Criminals do not abide by laws.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Most of us, now "CIVILIANS", have been better trained, in the use of "ARMS", than any "Cop" could ever hope to jerk off to,... or dream of.

I'm convinced, that's a powerful argument!

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: projectvxn

Oh. You want a real discussion. Not just a soapbox? Ok.

I don't think the answer is armed guards, or armed people...everywhere.

You want real discussion. Not a soapbox? Ok.

I don't think the answer is to deny the rest of the people of the U.S. of their right to own and bear arms. There is no such thing as "common sense gun laws." Criminals do not abide by laws.

Does that make you objectively safer though? In a firefight when everyone pulls out their guns, all you'll do is create a bunch of chaos and friendly fire.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Does that make you objectively safer though? In a firefight when everyone pulls out their guns, all you'll do is create a bunch of chaos and friendly fire.

According to a study on gun violence mandated by none other than gun grabber Obama, who ordered the CDC and the National Academy of Sciences to investigate, the study found the following:

Gun-use is the safest of studied “self-protective strategies,”
Suicide accounts for most firearm deaths,
Felons who use guns very seldom obtain their guns by stealing them, and
There is no evidence that gun restrictions reduce gun violence.

www.cnsnews.com...

www.ncdsv.org...

That study is coming from the same administration which armed Mexican drug cartels with American guns and then tried to blame "America's lax gun laws..."

As to your question on whether being armed make you safer?... Yes it does. There are roughly 500,000+ defensive uses of firearms each year in the U.S. Some of the figures even state over a 1 million times a year guns are used for self defense, and most of those times those defending themselves didn't even have to shoot.

edit on 29-10-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

You can't trust studies on gun safety, because until recently they weren't allowed to study the topic in any way that makes sense.

And I think you missed what I was getting at. Sure, in a 1 on 1 situation pulling a gun out lets you shoot back. You have a clear target in that situation. What happens in a room of 30 people who all have guns out? You no longer have a clear indication as to who the threat is, and rather than there being one line of fire, there are now many. This is a good way to amplify the number of people who get shot due to all of the friendly fire it creates. Even for trained professionals like police, who can use uniforms to distinguish targets, friendly fire is a very common occurrence.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I live in a state where it is legal to open carry... In this state there are events in which hundreds of people open carry in one place... Not once was there an "incident" in which people started shooting at everyone else...

BTW, knowing Obama's record on wanting to implement drastic gun control laws, that "study" mandated by him should carry a lot of weight...

One more thing, it is a FACT that there are people who right now in the U.S. are using their guns defensively, and mostly without having to shoot at anyone. It is as much of a deterrent against criminals as having one house with no metal bars in windows and doors meanwhile the rest of the neighborhood all have metal bars, and a metal gate. Which house do you think criminals will try to break into?

Likewise, when criminals know you are armed, most of them will not think about robbing you, or attacking you.

edit on 29-10-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

new topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join