It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says deadly Pittsburgh synagogue attack would have been different with armed guard

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
KRNV News 4 Reno

Trump also said the outcome might have been different if the synagogue "had some kind of protection" from an armed guard and suggested that might be a good idea for all churches and synagogues.

He's right. We protect our money with guns but shun doing so to protect our very lives in places of worship and schools. All because we allow leftist ignorance to convince us that being a good victim is morally superior to shooting back.

Keep in mind this synagogue was the target of antisemitic vandals and threats of violence in the past.

edit on 27 10 18 by projectvxn because: Grammar edits

+27 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

So, this was a false flag to forward the notion of arming...everybody?

Isn't that how it all works?

edit on 10/27/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+33 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

You're a child.

Way to add nothing.
edit on 27 10 18 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Meh.

I'm not a fan of having an armed guard on every corner.

But in many states (should be everywhere in America but its not), we have the right to protect and arm ourselves.

People need to embrace the Second Amendment, become proficient and take responsibility for their own and their loved one's protection.

Both Trump and the NRAint should be advocating more freedom and self protection vs "armed guards".

Because the simple fact is, a police officer (let alone a security guard), does not have an obligation to protect you.

Justices Rule Police Do Not Have a Constitutional Duty to Protect Someone.

WASHINGTON, June 27 - The Supreme Court ruled on Monday that the police did not have a constitutional duty to protect a person from harm, even a woman who had obtained a court-issued protective order against a violent husband making an arrest mandatory for a violation.

edit on 27-10-2018 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Shouldn't the synagogue pay for arm guards , if they want..

Like his wall idea, he doesn't really explain how this will be paid for..

+30 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Oh. You want a real discussion. Not just a soapbox? Ok.

I don't think the answer is armed guards, or armed people...everywhere.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Shouldn't the synagogue pay for arm guards , if they want..

Like his wall idea, he doesn't really explain how this will be paid for..

link   

Even better, make it an immediate death penalty if convicted of any crime using a firearm.

Just take them out back, blow their head off, leave the corpse to rot as a warning to any other hateful asshole who wants to use a gun in a crime.

link   

originally posted by: Phage

Isn't that how it all works?

You forgot to blame the NRA for this.

I'm sure some people will come in and independently state what you said in jest as fact.

Though as sad as this shooting is, I don't think it wasn't foreseen by many yesterday due to the bombing event drawing to a quick close.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:30 PM
link   

So when the chips are down and there's an attack happening how do you propose it gets handled?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The answer is always more guns! Yippee ki yay! #mericuh

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

I think guns are fairly good at stopping guns, actually.

But I would prefer the attacks not occur at all. But there are, of course, crazy people.

I think that guns (and some classes of guns, in particular) should not be quite so readily available. They make it too easy. Yeah, 2nd amendment. I know. That make it problematic.

link   
Weren't 3 police officers also shot?
(e: apparently 4 now)
edit on 14Sat, 27 Oct 2018 14:37:47 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago10 by Greven because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Phage

Argument from absurdity.

You know.. the basic meaning of "Armed Guards".

Why would you object to the idea?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

Argument from absurdity.

Good, you get my point. Now, can you expand it to some other recent events and the claims made?

link   

No, not quite right.

Armed guards cost money and make people nervous. It's not necessary to have a police state with pseudo police on every corner, in every church, in every school. A cheaper and more effective way is to simply follow the 2nd Amendment. Allow the people to bear arms freely. You get the same result, probably better since people will be protecting themselves and not just someone else for pay, with less cost. The guns don't have to be out in the open and visible, just to be known they are there if needed.

I'm going to be attacked for this, I know... but the truth is the truth.

TheRedneck

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Even better, make it an immediate death penalty if convicted of any crime using a firearm.

Just take them out back, blow their head off, leave the corpse to rot as a warning to any other hateful asshole who wants to use a gun in a crime.

The good old Roman road method. Put them up in cages along the road and let their rotting bodies stand as a warning to others. Other then the smell it would be better then the non-existent death penalty most states have ,where people are quietly put to death.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Kind of weird that the president doesn't say, we are going to look into his history and determine how this happened. Instead it's just "let's put armed guards everywhere"...

That's BIG government right there. Armed federal guards at places of worship...

Many places allow citizen conceal carry...

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   

God forbid a right be easy to exercise.

Wanna know what would help? Designating these hate groups as terrorist organizations and going after them aggressively. Why the hell do we allow the Nazi's to operate in the US? They are enemies of the United States, why are they allowed to do anything here?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

That's BIG government right there. Armed federal guards at places of worship...

That's what you took from this? That Trump wants to put armed guards in churches and synagogues?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join