It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alfie Dingley 'amazingly well' after cannabis treatment

page: 1

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   
For those who didn't see the original story Alfie Dingley is the 7 year old boy who hit the headlines earlier this year when the British Home Office seized his supply of cannabis oil which was used to treat his rare form of epilepsy that would see him suffer up to 150 seizures a month , following the confiscation of the oil Alfie was hit by a number of seizures and readmitted to hospital , there were genuine fears for his life.

Following a backtrack by the government Alfie was allowed the oil on special license and today his mother has spoken to the BBC about the improvement in Alfie's condition.

"He's amazingly well," Ms Deacon told the BBC, continuing that"he has not had any seizures" since his cannabis oil was reintroduced. "He's going to school every day, he's riding a horse, he's riding a bike. He has a pretty much normal life," she said. Alfie's family petitioned the government in March after they found his condition improved when he was given a cannabis-based medication in the Netherlands, where it is legal, in September 2017.

She said she "cried" through most of Alfie's parents' evening on Wednesday, "because his teachers said he's just doing so well, we can't keep up with him".

"It's extremely overwhelming," she said.

"When I walk him to school I know how lucky I am."
www.bbc.co.uk...

From next week doctors will be able to prescribe medicinal cannabis in the UK to others who need it.

All we need now is for our Commonwealth cousins in Canada to enjoy a trouble free economic boost through their recent legalization to nudge our government toward the inevitable .... Free the Weed !

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Touching story, happy to hear the young boy is doing well living a happy and healthy life because of a relatively cheap natural remedy.

Side effects may enclude well being,and prosperity.

a reply to: gortex

edit on 27-10-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Glad to hear he is doing so well, again.
Sorry to hear that the British government was just plain evil, to put him through that in the first place.
So many children have been help with the oil, I just can't imagine taking that away from them.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Man, I loved this story. Not about adding thoughts to it but to share a "good feeling" sensation I had reading it. Thanks Gort.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

So glad this worked out for this boy. Seizures are terrifying -- my son with autism has had two grand male over a year long period. I can't imagine how horrible it would be for someone to have so many, or for a parent to have to watch their child suffer that way.

Governments generally freak out over "illegal drugs!" being used medically without their being a lot of studies that say using the "illegal drug!" is the 'best practice' for treatment. But you can't have a study that says that unless the government allows the "illegal drug!" to be studied for that medical treatment...

I'm happy the successful treatment of this boy has changed his life and his family's life -- and it may just serve as the "cog in the wheel" to get the government to treat cannabis (and CBD oils, etc) as a potentially life-saving plant with medicinal properties and study it for best practices with dosage, contraindications and drug interactions, etc.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Hey AB , Good to see you still around mate.

It's nice in a time of great negativity to read a story of positivity , hopefully Alfie will continue to live a seizure free life.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Thought this story might fit with the OP.
How Britain became Cannabis PLC with one secret greenhouse in Norfolk producing nearly half the world's medical marijuana

A company (GW Pharmaceuticals) can grow it and make a profit but people cannot possess it. What a wonderful world. At least Alfie got his.

edit on 27/10/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Glad he’s doing well. Hopefully one day society will come to its senses and stop criminalizing plants.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
Touching story, happy to hear the young boy is doing well living a happy and healthy life because of a relatively cheap natural remedy.

Side effects may enclude well being,and prosperity.

cool, so cool

No, it's not even a dime.........my buddy's niece is the original Xharlettes Web grower in the high valley of Colorado behind the San De Christo line......20 years......The clones are a nickle each. Grow like a weed if ya give then nothing they still gonna grow to perfection, actually.....I hereby attest actually

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
That’s really cool man. I am pretty sure that’s one of if thee first CBD specific strain.
They are doing great work over there, good for them.
A nickel a piece you say? Shoot all I got is two bucks on me guess I’ll take 40.

a reply to: GBP/JPY

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
There's no question about the efficacy of cannabis related medical treatments.

My aunt had a malignant tumor one her colon and started taking Rick Simpson Oil 1:1. The tumor shrunk 95% in a month and a half.

It's just amazing what this stuff will do.

posted on Nov, 25 2019 @ 07:21 AM
link   

top topics

join