It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Harry Potter Books have a real story hidden underneath?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The Material that i write below is approx. 85% my own work, i hope you enjoy it. In J.K. Rowling's books about Harry Potter, there seems to be a real non-fiction characters hidden the the fiction stories, the names are changed slightly, some examples below:-
Could Cassandra Vablatsky be Helena Blavatsky?
harrypotter.wikia.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

Could Elphias Doge be Eliphas Levi?
harrypotter.wikia.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

It would be really fun if Alastor "Mad Eye" Moody was modeled on Aleister Crowley
harrypotter.wikia.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

I have a lot to write on this subject but i pause due to disablement pain and see if this type of thread is accepted on this forum, but i see that Disney film topic has been accepted.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Astronomer62

I am an avid reader and have discovered universal truths in many books. I don't necessarily think the authors intentionally did this, we see what we are ready to see.

I like your creative thinking.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Writers are people too, and get ideas and are inspired by the same things we are.

Not really anything groundbreaking.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Yes very much so, though it could be argued that Rowling took her inspiration from the esoteric and occult as a kind of muse. The philosophers stone is an obvious example. But there could be hidden meaning within the books too.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Like when the TV show Charmed was first on and the company the oldest sister worked for was Bucklands.
Raymond Buckland is an author of books on Wicca and wiccan practices. I thought at the time 'Good inside joke'. Not everybody would know that.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:59 AM
link   

And... Nicholas Flamel was a real person.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I like your threads buddy, but i think you may be pretending in the way you lay things out, but i know if your blatant about it people don't take any interest, they have to find for themselves.
JKR is a joker, she knows how to orchestrate her happenings because she is a grade a Adept, i used to abuse her on twitter, now i admire her and hate her..... But yeah her work is based on all that is occult, i think o hate her cause she's not sharing her secrets and i think that is selfish.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Inside jokes or inside nods and winks? Perhaps a bit of both.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Wife & I absolutely loved Harry Potter. I'm not going to read anything that ruins my view of the cast or story. Kind of like todays actors making idiots of themselves now ruining every movie they are in. For example: Meet The Parents with Robert DeNiro who is quite the smooze bucket.
edit on 27-10-2018 by CADpro because: typo

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Thank you for your comments, Watchitburn, Pointessa and Surfer Soul,
I'm just getting going on this subject but i think J.K.Rowling's Inspiration came from London in approx. 1888, it is true that writers get their inspiration from many sources, i used know, slightly, Micheal Ward, who found a code in the Narnia Books regarding symbolism with astrological signs that is fascinating, link below:-
www.youtube.com...
My non-fiction story involves many politicians of the era plus the genesis of the UK Labour Party, and truth is stranger than fiction!
My fascination with Harry Potter came after a giggle of how Lord Mandelson chose to promote his memoir, at the time the U.K. had just finished a long period of the Labour Government.
Behind the scenes he used to spin webs in the media, thus behind his back he was called "The Dark Lord", or "The Prince of Darkness", obviously i knew that The Fabian Society in 1888 had mystical people involved, so the video is below that i thought so funny:-
www.youtube.com...
As Lord Mandelson looks to be reading a fairy story i will begin the same way, it isn't a dark story and leads to the independence of India, i will start on the next thread section.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I loved HP but as a 51 year old....saw it as a kids version of the greatest trilogy ever written....lord o the rings.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I think you give Rowling to much credit.
Lightning struck "nyuk nyuk" with Harry Potter but what has she done outside of the potter universe?

I compare her to George Lucas. He got lucky with a concept and then tried to tell us he had a dozen movies in mind when he made star wars.
Uh huh, that's why Luke kissed his sister....

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
interesting research.

the books are all about doing good works and being a good person though so i dont think any kind of occult inspirations would detract from those messages.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24
Hi Lakenheath24,
The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien was fantastic, but he was a member of the "Inklings", so was C.S.Lewis, but there were other members that these two gained inspiration from, please click on Owen Barfield on link below, who was very interested in mystical matters including Anthruposophy.
Please click on Charles Williams on link below that had been a member of "The Fellowship of the Rosy Cross, which is more than enough inspiration for "The Fellowship of the Ring".
en.wikipedia.org...
Further more the secret doorway to Moria looks very masonic:-
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: snarfbot

The occult is not bad just unknown,
let it be known and it just is. And always has been. But it's their secret and they keep their secrets close to them, never sharing their methods, each to their own, just a bit shh that most of their knowledge has been handed down to them, yet the lucky ones of us are guided by the others.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

You used to abuse her on Twitter? What's wrong with you? That's not normal.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks
I'm very neutral without saying the Occult is bad, the story i feel inspired Rowling is a true story but not bad, as i said i will start this first part as a fairy story, before explaining what characters who i feel are hidden in the fictional Harry Potter books.
As the leaves fell during the Autumn of Terror 1888, when Jack the Ripper lurked in the shadows, an 18 year old diminutive male arrived from India in London, he was very lonely and had come to study law....his mother told him not to eat meat as he was vegetarian. He was directed to one of few vegetarian restaurants in London, the people that he would meet there would change his whole life philosophy....his name was Gandhi.
If i said that the Vegetarian Society was esoteric now, you would laugh, but when you go back to the 19th Century, the society did attract mystics following Pythagoras, who was vegetarian.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Looking forward to it buddy

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Yeah i know, but don't blame me, blame my love of sports and my social conditioning.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Interesting thread. I like some of the points you make. Did not know that about Ghandi!
I love stuff like this, thanks for sharing your musings

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join