It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ground Looks Like It's Breathing In A Quebec Forest

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:51 AM
link   
No, it's not a Halloween CGI prank. It's the real deal. A cool video that's going viral on Facebook, YouTube and Instagram, shows a large section of ground heaving up and down in the wind. The tree's root systems seem like they're being pulled upward by the strong wind hitting the trees, likely caused by the ground being saturated from a recent rain storm.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Definately the root system .... But that's a good size chunk about to be uprooted . Not sure I'd want To Be standing there when it happens .

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Run away!
Run away!

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

yeap and then eventually the trees will fall and it's called... windfall

It's just wet soft ground unable to hold the trees upright and the roots are resisting … for now

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Really cool video, amazing how folks capture such unique occurrences and I am just wandering around in the forest going "Oh cool, look at that spider or plant or whatever".

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Amazing thing to see, or record. Loose soil and I assume high winds. If they do not go over. There will be shoots to insure they will stay up for a year if not a millennia.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I hate to be the traffic cone and high viz vest dude!! Someone should get the area taped off with warnings. It's gonna uproot one day and God help anyone either near the roots or in line with the tree/s when they finally fall. Best idea is get the saws out and drop the tree/s before they fall.

Still looks great in the video. Distant ancestors could have created myths and critters to explain things like this. Scandinavian nations believed in trolls and this scene would have been perfect for a slumbering giant troll.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I hate to be the traffic cone and high viz vest dude!! Someone should get the area taped off with warnings. It's gonna uproot one day and God help anyone either near the roots or in line with the tree/s when they finally fall. Best idea is get the saws out and drop the tree/s before they fall.

Still looks great in the video. Distant ancestors could have created myths and critters to explain things like this. Scandinavian nations believed in trolls and this scene would have been perfect for a slumbering giant troll.

lol It happens everyday, go for a walk in the forest and you'll see windfalls everywhere. Now, if it's close to houses sure they need to be cut down but I don't think this is the case here.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Heard of this before but haven't seen it yet. Forest ecosystems, sufficing to protect itself as a whole from the carpets of moss to the alders are flexible all around even the roots.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   
There is evidence of this phenomena. A sinkhole forming under a carpet of interconnected roots of forested trees.
The carpet of roots hangs on so long until gravity takes over and the whole thing sinks down into a cavernous hole...
Stay the hell away from there. You could be the straw that breaks the proverbial camel's back.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 03:06 AM
link   

I remember there was a similar video from Japan after the earthquake and tsunami.

That's scary.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: openedeyesandears

originally posted by: Kandinsky

lol It happens everyday, go for a walk in the forest and you'll see windfalls everywhere. Now, if it's close to houses sure they need to be cut down but I don't think this is the case here.

I know that! Forestry guys usually deal with risky trees and limbs when they're near pathways.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I was about to write that. It´s not a really good idea to be out there in such a storm. Not only because of falling trees and branches, but because of snapping roots. When that tree unroots they can snap and easiely break your ankle or whatever is in their way.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Its the Elder Gods attempting to escape their subterranean prison, like Phage says,
"Run away!".

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 04:13 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Yes indeed, I think we've all seen 'widow makers' in woods and forests. Great branches, root balls and those bizarre looking ones where actual trunks are broken off at height.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

and when one goes - it will create a " domino effect "

the first treee to go will not hit others and cause`a cascade - but its absence in the " mesh " interconnected roots - will cause the next tree to tip - and then the effect will spread

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

There are some beauties in the New Forest. Great to see *after* the fact and not so good in the moment.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Definitely an underground alien base's ventilation system

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Really cool video! I’ve seen this happen before a few times. But I wouldn’t stay around to film it though. When you see that get way away. In fact grab a hard hat and keep your eyes peeled on branches whilst you leave. Can be extremely dangerous.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

i was in 150 mph winds in hurricane charley wind does not do that.dug up some old photos to show you what hurricane irma did without a direct hit in southwest florida. pic
edit on 27-10-2018 by fightzone58 because: (no reason given)
pic 2
edit on 27-10-2018 by fightzone58 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2 >>

join