It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gauntlet

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The Gauntlet

Here I stand; I lay the gauntlet down before you. We can choose to fight, or we can choose to be as one.

It’s a choice.

We have seen some of the worst of “us” recently. Sure, there’s a bomber and deadbeat, but there’s more. As a society we’ve been replete with hatred of late.

We have 242 years of history. We can choose to end it all now, or we can choose a better way.

We have differences, and we have individuals. Despite it all, none of us are that “special”. We are just people.

Will everyone ever get along completely? No, sadly or otherwise, this will never truly happen. However, when we harbor thoughts of violence against our fellow neighbors just for their political beliefs, something must change. Again, we can choose to fight, or we can choose a better way.

I will openly admit, I am a conservative American citizen, but I have never once harbored a thought of injuring a person of opposing political view. Debate? Sure, but never harm. I respect opposing views, despite our emotions. This is not who we are as a people.

Perhaps we need to take a step or two back and examine who we really are. Are we so shallow so as to allow petty opinions and emotion to drive us toward true hatred of our fellow man? Is this what we’ve become? Just step outside one time and look around, not at the people, but at the wonderful place we live and all the dynamics of nature and our lives. Is it really so bad?

Sure, we will always have differences, but life goes on. We can choose to learn and thrive on those differences, or we can dig trenches.

“United we stand”, and, “Divided we fall”; those words have been around for ages, but perhaps they mean more right now than they ever have.

I don’t really know what else to say other than; I hope this means something to just one person.

God Bless

edit on 10/27/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

The divide is too great, I'm afraid.

Our values, goals, foundational beliefs are too different now.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

“United we stand”, and, “Divided we fall”; those words have been around for ages, but perhaps they mean more right now than they ever have.

This is so true and we very often forget. But I think humanity is in the right track, we're slowly getting "there", wherever it is.

A few years ago slavery was still a thing in most countries, people were hung to death in public, etc.

I believe we'll learn the lesson one day, things are walking down that path. The industry and the manipulation system fight hard and low to control the masses and how we all act. And I believe change will come when we all, as individuals, can learn this one true. That we need to be ourselves and shut it down for external influences.

I don’t really know what else to say other than; I hope this means something to just one person.

It did.

Thank you!

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Our values, goals, foundational beliefs are too different now.

You got your chocolate in my peanut butter!

Yeah. People are just generally hellbent on being morons.

You can't change human nature.

edit on 27-10-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

To my last blood soaked breath, I will always believe...failure is not an option.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

Where's the compromise when;

One side wants gun bans
One side wants open borders
One side wants higher taxes
One side wants single payer healthcare

We used to want the same things. We used to have the same goals.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 12:46 AM
link   

To my last blood soaked breath, I will always believe...failure is not an option.

I will always default to having more freedom. I will always default to individual rights.

Those are things I just can't compromise on.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Is it possible to distrust each other and yet work toward a common goal?

You have set down the gauntlet. If I/we bend to return it to you in co-operation, can I/we trust that you will not take the opportunity to strike me/us as our attention strays from your weapon?

Yes, we must work together or we will perish together.

But do you understand what you are asking of us?

If you were in our shoes, would you have the courage to co-operate with those who, until this instant, had reviled you?

Can we be assured that this is not some devious ploy to play our “tolerance” (which has been derided as a weakness) against us?

What you ask of us is something you, collectively of course, have consistently condemned in us.

Such bittersweet irony!

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 12:50 AM
link   

That's the thing.

Want, want, want, want.

The more you try to control anything, the more it goes the way you don't want it to.

I'm not talking anarchy. I'm talking stop with the illusory view that we're engaged in battle.

I never had a problem with anybody until they tried to control me.

I suspect most people are the same.

Stop trying to force sheet on other people and all shall be well.

It's a simple concept: live and let live.

Do TPTB want that? Of course not. Then who will vote them into office if the serfs were cooperating with each other.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 12:53 AM
link   

I agree.

Do what thou wilt.

Until it messes with me or mine.

Then I get cranky.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Do what thou wilt.

Pretty sure that's a satanist philosophy

You must have procured that volcanic island.

Where do I submit my resume again?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Maybe it's just all in y'all's head. Real life seems like normal business and society as usual. No danger of impending culture wars.

Regardless, I just want to make it clear, Soros and Clinton's packages should have been real and it would have been such a justice for the human race to be rid of such reptilians that I would have been buying ice cream for everyone at the park in celebration. Never forget that both of these people deserve nothing less than swift military captial justice.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:01 AM
link   

But, as I'm sure you already know...never confuse compromise for the sake of good with vigilance.

Distinct difference.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Do what thou wilt.

Pretty sure that's a satanist philosophy

You must have procured that volcanic island.

Where do I submit my resume again?

Oh wow.

I went dark. Didn't even realize it.

(scared now)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:03 AM
link   

But, as I'm sure you already know...never confuse compromise for the sake of good with vigilance.

Distinct difference.

Compromise is debating between a porterhouse and a NY strip and setting on ribeye.

Try compromising with a vegan.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   
off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:06 AM
link   
well either the nationalists win or there is no USA anymore.

No pressure.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:14 AM
link   
its been a few years since i began to learn survival skills. i dont believe the question is can we find common ground. i believe it is when will 1 side step to far and cause a rebellion?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   
All that has to happen to bring people together is for the media to quit trying to create division.

That will not happen until the Deep State ownership of most of the MSM is severed and a host of arrests of deep state operatives posing as talking heads and editors.

It will happen and it will not be pretty.

P

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Distinct difference.

Compromise is debating between a porterhouse and a NY strip and setting on ribeye.

Try compromising with a vegan.

OR...a Labrador Retriever!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join