It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perhaps I was Wrong

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: troubleshooter

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

It would appear, the recent terror bombing episode was perpetrated by an apparent Trump supporter, and a person whom I have no agreement with.

Isn't that the definition of a 'false flag'.

There are a few things that indicate he is left-wing though.

All the people he followed on Twitter were left-wing.
Online registrations in which he claimed to be Democrat.
Having worked in the mail room of a Democrat organization.
School friend nine years in he military and then CIA.

Doesn't sit well with me.

Interloper!

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
What a puss you turned out to be. You should put on some pink lace panties while you eat that crow and flagellate yourself in between bites. John Wayne may have apologized but he woulda kept it short and sweet and stayed off of his knees doing it. Give me your bullet, Barney.

I expected someone with Trump paraphernalia to be arrested, if anyone was, but I never thought it was a "leftist plot." A cabal plot is a different story. You know...the ones that prefer us divided. Until things are clearer--assuming they ever are--the jury is still out for me and for legitimate reasons. Of course he could be a lone nut--that was never off the table--but until the oddities are accounted for, it's way too early for crow.

I have photographs saved that are quite compelling but the upload function isn't working. When I get time to get on my PC I will upload them.

I'm not convinced yet either...

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

So much fake news that no one can tell what is and isnt a lie. You must assume it is all a lie from a survival standpoint, which only makes sense.

You must assume it's all a lie - just to survive?

Where is all the fake news coming from?

Being objective isn't that hard. Unless you want to buy into the narrative that everything you're being fed is a lie

The way I see it, it's just news people don't want to hear

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

Yeah ok. When a news agency releases a "report" that they quietly retract after the damage is done is just news people don't want to hear.

The media which are leftist organizations, by and large, lie regularly and exactly as described, but we're surprised when no one buys their narrative?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Yeah ok. When a news agency releases a "report" that they quietly retract after the damage is done is just news people don't want to hear.

The media which are leftist organizations, by and large, lie regularly and exactly as described, but we're surprised when no one buys their narrative?

In all seriousness - the sheer volume of news these days is insane. We have never experienced something like this before. 24 hour news cycles, everyone trying to put out the best clickbait

Trying to sort fact from fiction through filters of partisanship, fear, paranoia. This is rough on all of us

I'm almost (almost) inclined to believe that the caravan heading our way was cooked up by Trump or Trump supporters - because it looks so contrived and too timely

See?

We all need to be more discerning and willing to call BS. Especially on stuff that tells us what we already want to believe

edit on 10/27/2018 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

It would be great if everyone just stopped playing the blame game and unified moving forward with this one statement.

Let's end the good versus evil game too. Disagree with policy and live with agreeing to disagree.

That's what it used to mean to be an American.

I mean what political affiliation is crazy?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

The caravan is contrived. But by power players interested only in weakening American positions.

There's far more to this than the players in the media. But the media has been exposed quite a bit lately and I think most people have caught onto it.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

The caravan is contrived. But by power players interested only in weakening American positions.

There's far more to this than the players in the media. But the media has been exposed quite a bit lately and I think most people have caught onto it.

The media is a big thing - and is not all one thing. This is where you and I see things differently. Maybe

I'm not here to fix problems or change minds. I was just interested in the fact that you seem to believe nothing and trust nobody. You believe that this approach is a kind of self preservation

I work with a guy like that. He thinks *they* (who?) are just trying to scare people and confuse them

Funny thing - he must trust someone because he has opinions :-)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

You believe that this approach is a kind of self preservation

I believe people react this way when they are repeatedly lied to. Some get Stockholmed and continue to swallow the BS or outright repeat it themselves. This is where the NPC meme came from BTW.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

The media is a big thing - and is not all one thing. This is where you and I see things differently. Maybe

Nope...Not all one thing at all.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I believe people react this way when they are repeatedly lied to. Some get Stockholmed and continue to swallow the BS or outright repeat it themselves. This is where the NPC meme came from BTW.

People don't seem to realize that they've crippled their ability to reason by telling themselves that they are safer not even considering anything

Think about it - argue it through. If you dismiss it you put yourself in an intellectually precarious position

Once you give yourself permission to believe nothing is real, that nobody can be trusted - you've put yourself in the same exact place you're trying to avoid

I read everywhere - WSJ, NYT, Fox, Breitbart, WashPo, Law sites, foreign news sites - too many places to list here. I'm a news junkie. Honestly, occasionally - I read at much darker places. I read opinion pieces and hard news

The click bait news aggregators are junk if not out and out poison. On the left and the right, and even when there's real news in their feed

I know you want me to believe that all the news coming out now is more than just news - and less than news. I can't believe that because I actually read it

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Yes - Sinclair Broadcast Group has been trying to pit this country against itself. As an example of what's wrong with the media they are an amazing example. They're also playing to the right

They don't own everything, and there is obviously news on the left doing the same thing

So - do you not trust anyone? You can spot what's wrong - are you unable to spot what's trustworthy?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   

So - do you not trust anyone? You can spot what's wrong - are you unable to spot what's trustworthy?

I used to think so.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Don't let exhaustion win

I'm not sure how, but we'll get through this

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

I keep telling myself that too. The more convoluted it gets the fewer answers anyone has.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join