It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perhaps I was Wrong

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
I've seen hundreds of posters here on ATS today suggesting conservatives should eat "crow".

I will eat that crow, I will. I will readily admit I was wrong. So, go ahead, tell me to eat it. I will.

I will not make excuses, I will just plate it up and eat it. I was mistaken.

P.S. Know one thing about this Cowboy...I'm honest. Never lie, never misguide a situation.

I was wrong.

I’ve seen your recipes.

You’re one of the few who could make a cold dish of crow a gourmet delicacy.

The sentiment, however, is appreciated.

But really, do you think that apologies are enough? Granted, there is not much else “leftists” and Democrats could ask for.

Yet, there is this nagging suspicion that so much vitriol has been poured out that the salve of “Sorry” is poor medicine for the scars that have been burned into the flesh of the body politic.

And it is far too easy to hear, even in the most sincere apology, whether real or imagined, the unspoken “This time” that makes a lie to the regret expressed.

This is what we have become.

link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

They should eat crow because they did their absolute hardest to make the perpetrator anything but a conservative Trump supporter...truth be damned.

It was their absolute prerogative to make sure, in their partisan reality, that a conservative would NEVER do such a thing.

So massive props for using your brain.

No more like most of us had a hard time thinking that anyone, left or right, who supposedly hated his or her political opponents so much that he or she would construct bombs to send to them in the mail would repeatedly send such incompetently constructed ones.

Even the Weather Underground managed to blow themselves up among other successfully constructed explosives.

And yet here we have a guy who hated his political opponents and can't managed to create even one successful explosion?

That was what made so many so suspicious.

link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

They should eat crow because they did their absolute hardest to make the perpetrator anything but a conservative Trump supporter...truth be damned.

It was their absolute prerogative to make sure, in their partisan reality, that a conservative would NEVER do such a thing.

So massive props for using your brain.

He is a Trump supporter? Why because the media said so ... LOL.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Identity politics has gone to such an extreme that somehow individual actions don't matter any longer.

Do I think all leftists want to kill everyone right of Stalin?

No.

But they still try to defend and marginalize those that do.

Early on I even said that the bomber was probably a right-wing nutjob. I was just wrong about the age. *shrugs*

Someone commented on how I could do something like that. I found it odd. It's not like I'm betraying someone on my "side".

Civility may be gone in the political discourse, but something worse is vanishing and that is rationality.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
this guy is a patsy. I would not eat crow right now and I am not a conservative at ALL nor am I a Republican at ALL.....I have been a "popcorn eating, " political "sports watcher" during this entire debacle since Trump started running. I voted just to keep Hillary (shudder) out......but this whole bomb thing has been fishy from the beginning and this guy is the patsy.....let's hope there is not, as Michael Savage stated, a Jack Ruby, to take him out.....This is sloppy work even....I am not buying it AT ALL.....

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: AboveBoard
No flames from me.

Admitting being wrong is something that requires integrity.

We are all wrong at times.

I wish the talking heads of conservatism who were promoting the false flag idea had your level of decency.

You still don't understand why? Look at the Kavanaugh debacle. Nothing about that whole thing could have been taken at face value for what the press tried to tell us. And very often, when incidents like this happen, you can't trust anything the press reports about them to begin with, either, because the press loves to speculate about how it must be what it seems to be in this case.

Every single violent incident since Trump took office has been blamed on someone like this guy appears to be by the press.

And let's face it, if you're going to mail a bunch of bombs to people you seem to hate, the last thing you would think you would do is turn yourself into a bad parody of what everyone supposes the very worst leftist idea of a MAGA supporter would be. The detail missing from this guy is ethnicity. He's not white! He even has the Johnny-Come-Lately voter registration signalling that he was clearly all-in on Trump and no one but Trump.

You can attempt to justify it and I’m sure it makes sense within the sphere of what you believe, but to people outside of that sphere it just looks kind of like an obvious attempt to throw blame anywhere but where it belongs. It looked desperate.

Why is it so hard to see how a disturbed individual could take Trump’s rhetoric regarding “the enemy of the people” etc., seriously enough to act on it?

Trump has power. He uses it unwisely.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Cornczech

if he is not a patsy he is a mole. You guys need to look up who the sherrif of the county is where this is happening and the History there....recent history. This whole thing is staged and van man is in on it. He is going to end up walking right out of the jail saying how great Trump is. They have already laid the groundwork that he is mental.

You folks need to study up on the communist playbook. This is all a setup. Probably to ensure a win in Florida to set things up for 2020. Govenorship in Florida plays a major role in 2020 presidential election.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Don’t jump the gun my friend. Give this time to play out. I feel there are many facts yet to come forth.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

So, you will never forgive, never see the forest but for the trees, never see the sunrise on a new day?

I am not sure I am among your "we".

Do not confuse desire for amicability with vigilance, for that would be a mistake.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Far left and far right people are not the normal voter.

A great post.

And yet 90% of Americans have no problem with the US military machine raking in billions from phony wars for Democracy.

As long as their comfortable lifestyle is not threatened they'll play along with "might is right".

Its not like the "outsider" is really human, they are the "enemy".

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

So, you will never forgive, never see the forest but for the trees, never see the sunrise on a new day?

I am not sure I am among your "we".

Do not confuse desire for amicability with vigilance, for that would be a mistake.

Forgive?

Certainly.

Forget?

Been there, done that, got Trump!

Going forward, we will of course work together because we must if we are to survive.

But I’m afraid that the trust we once had in each other, the fundamental certainty that, no matter our differences, we were all working for the same values, the same country, has been lost.

Perhaps we can find it again, or maybe our children’s children might, if we work hard enough.

What we do now determines our future, and what we have done so far has done much to call our future into doubt.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

want to kill everyone right of Stalin?

"right" "left" hmm

See thats a problem. Some say Stalin moved to the right so your catch all doesn't help.

Stalin reintroduced ranks when it suited him.

www.reddit.com...

Because at the end of the day, he was in the Communist party. He mainly advocated for urban worker's production and created an 'equal' society, albeit by killing all the superiors. He only became more right wing towards the beginning of the Second World War, reintroducing ranks into the military and basically reverting what he did in the purges in the 30s

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:17 AM
link   

At the least, you accept the responsibilities of you supposition.

More than that you remind folks the irresponsibility of jumping to conclusions.
As well as the irresponsibility, of an individual, for doing these acts.

Good on you for admitting you were incorrect. Many on this site will not, regardless of the claim.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:24 AM
link   

But, we ALL have a choice. If we fail to realize this, we truly are doomed.

Allow me to put this concept into perspective. (VERY LONG story - significantly shortened)

I surfaced in the S. China Sea around midnight one night. My dive buddy was out of air. Our dive boat had left. We were over 3 miles from shore, between two islands, in an outgoing tide. My buddy was a body builder, and he had exhausted all of his air, and all of his muscles that night. He said "just let me go".

I had a choice. We could live or die that night. I could have let him go and easily (well, not so much) swam back. Another choice. Less than 500psi left in my tank, I made a choice; we'd both survive. It took well over 3.5 hours to reach the beach, against the tide, but we made it. I'd dragged him for nearly the whole way (yes, I was a Rescue Diver at the time). I had a choice. I could have chosen to be selfish and save myself, but I would have had to live with the consequences of that night for all my life. (took several days to be able to walk again afterwards). I had a choice.

Sometimes, choices are not easy, but they're critically important. Sometimes, choices are unpleasant, but the outcome matters. The future matters.

We have a choice.
edit on 10/27/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:58 AM
link   

I think you just made another mistake. That guy is crazy and only in his mind he was supporting Trump with his actions.

Bombing never was or is part of Trump ideas.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 04:08 AM
link   
At least you came back and admitted it, even starting a thread about it. I commented in the other thread about how you were probably wrong. One thing, though - I don't think the bombs were ever meant to go off.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 06:39 AM
link   
What a puss you turned out to be. You should put on some pink lace panties while you eat that crow and flagellate yourself in between bites. John Wayne may have apologized but he woulda kept it short and sweet and stayed off of his knees doing it. Give me your bullet, Barney.

I expected someone with Trump paraphernalia to be arrested, if anyone was, but I never thought it was a "leftist plot." A cabal plot is a different story. You know...the ones that prefer us divided. Until things are clearer--assuming they ever are--the jury is still out for me and for legitimate reasons. Of course he could be a lone nut--that was never off the table--but until the oddities are accounted for, it's way too early for crow.
edit on 27-10-2018 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Don’t jump the gun my friend. Give this time to play out. I feel there are many facts yet to come forth.

After all this guy has very unrealistic hair tattooed on his head, clearly an oddball at the very least.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

I think you just made another mistake. That guy is crazy and only in his mind he was supporting Trump with his actions.

Bombing never was or is part of Trump ideas.

What everyone blaming Trump for this nutjob's threatening of people seem to conveniently forget...

...is that this guy was already a long-time criminal loon whom made terroristic/murderous threats toward people BEFORE Trump even became president.

His criminal record makes that clear.

People here, and media elsewhere, consistently accusing Trump and other/all republicans of being responsible for this criminal nutjob's crime spree...are just as wrong as people whom may have been wrong about the identity of the fake bomber.

It's pretty clear we now know his identity (thanks to quick action by the Trump administration and law enforcement)...but we're still waiting to discover this guy's true movements and motivations.

Flyingclaydisk:

In light of this guy's arrest, apologizing for speculating blame of the Left for this fake bomber is admirable (I'll even join you in that apology)...

BUT the Left (and many here on ATS) ALSO owe a similar apology for blaming Trump and the Right for the fake bomber.

I have yet to hear THAT apology.

edit on 27-10-2018 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Crow is pretty good if cooked right. By the way, I had some really good bear sausage at work the other day. I might try to get the recipe.

We all speculate. After all, this is a conspiracy site. That's why I come here. For the humor too.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join