It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Haunting of Hill house - Ghost stories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The Haunting of Hill House is a new series on Netflix.
They are hyping the heck out of it, especially with Halloween so close
They are using terms like, people are passing out, vomiting, because it is so so scary.

Straight up. I'm a big ol' chicken scaredy cat, this series is not scary at all. It is all drama.
It is very good and I really liked the ending, but scary not at all.

I've read more on ATS that has given me chills than any scene in that series.
So with Halloween so close, I'd love to hear your ghost stories!!

Here is mine. I lived in the historic district of a small town. My house was very very old. Weird stuff happened all the time, like the faucet would
turn on, lights turning on, just weird stuff. I always just brushed it off as old house stuff. My cats would go nuts at the ceiling for no reason. One normal night I was in the kitchen. I turn around and look at the window and there is a being staring back at me. It is entirely red. I was absolutely shaken to my core. It was one of those moments that suck the air out of your lungs. I ran into the other room and hid under a chair. My kitchen was on the second floor and there is no way a person could be in the window without being on a ladder. We eventually checked around the house and there were no signs of foul play or evidence of anyone being back there. My reaction of terror was so intense that others believed what I saw just based on my reaction. I later found out that my house was owned by a doctor at the turn of the century and he used to practice in the house. When I think about what I saw, it did look like a person covered completely in blood. That is the one and only time i've ever experienced anything like that and many many many years later it still creeps me out.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

First, I agree with your review. I enjoyed the series but it wasn't scary in a horror sense.

For my ghost story, I have quite a few but here's one I like: I live in a home built in the 1870's. It's pretty haunted and on the second floor my wife, my children, and myself have all had interactions with a ghostly little girl. One day my brother was over with his kids and we were upstairs in my son's bedroom showing them some super heroes I'd painted on the walls. One of my brother's daughter, who was about 7 at the time, had remained in the sitting room instead of coming into the bedroom. When she finally came in my brother asked her where she'd been. Her answer was, "I was talking with the little girl."

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The first season episodes amounted to a very well written storyline. I found it very thought-provoking and entertaining.
It's not 'Freddy Krueger' type scary.

As for your personal haunted house story...that's very creepy.
Hope you don't see something like that again.
edit on 26-10-2018 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Me and my girl finished the season, though I think it was really well written and done well, we didnt find it NEAR as scary as the marketing made it sound....

It really irritates me that they put out fake reviews like that saying people were passing out and throwing up etc etc......

Theres no need for that, if your show is good, it will stand on its own merits........

Advertising has always been manipulative but thats just blatant BS and does nothing to really add anything to the show.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Every time I tried to watch it I fell asleep, the way it leaps out of context from past, to recent past, to present was a little annoying, and makes you feel like they left you missing something important but never get back to it.

I made it to episode four and quit.

Then I found this movie on Netflix...

That's very scary to me, because it's real, monsters are real, evil exists and it can happen anywhere to anyone.

I've never really found the paranormal frightening, but intriguing.

Interesting story OP

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Every time I tried to watch it I fell asleep, the way it leaps out of context from past, to recent past, to present was a little annoying, and makes you feel like they left you missing something important but never get back to it.

To be fair, if you dont fall asleep and you finish it, it wraps everything up rather nicely with little to no missing pieces.....

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I will have to check it out.

I lived in a very old house located in Ohio, there were 4 floors and a basement. Odd things happened at that place all the time, windows that would take two people to push closed would randomly slam shut. Things came off the walls, not in a flying fashion but not just falling off of the nail either. Just a really odd place, always felt as if multiple people were watching you. I joined the Army and went by the place one time and it was condemned. I am not really sure how to explain it but that place had you feeling an evil presence in one section of the house and another you would still feel a presence but nothing that seemed malevolent or anything.
Good thread!

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I have a pretty active ghost in my house. It or they are pretty sporadic but its been going on every since I have moved in the place since 2002.

Part 1:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Part 2:

Part 3:

Part 4:

I am soon to make a part 5 as I have been trying to collect evidence as well lately.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   
My wife and I are on episode 4. It has its moments that’ll scare some. It is a very good show overall though.

My Dads house in Wyoming is a gorgeous home built in the 1890’s. It was a home built for the old postmaster of the time, paid for by the city. They sure did treat postmasters well back then.

Anyway, the stories my dad tells me he has experienced while living there are enough to make it hard for me to sleep. Being home alone, in his office, doing some work at his desk. Gets up to switch the laundry over and comes back less than 5 minutes later to see a picture frame that sits on his desk completely dismantled and laid out very neatly on the desk. He always hears footsteps in the attic, and you can follow the sound of them around as they go, they aren’t just isolated steps in the distance.

My only experience there was a night when my girlfriend and I of the time went to visit. We laid down in bed, in the middle of the night I woke up for no reason at all. The Air was very still and immediately something didn’t feel right. I heard the doorknob turning, was paralyzed to movement as the door crept open. My girlfriend woke up, never said a word but honed in on exactly what was happening and was equally powerless to physically react to it. It opened all the way but nothing could be seen. You could feel its presence though...it was in the room with us whatever it was. And then, it wasn’t . We both looked at each other and said “what the f**k was that?!?” The light stayed on the rest of the night and each subsequent night thereafter.

I like the idea that ghosts are memories of the past stuck in time somehow. Not actual spirits, per-say, but memories of a traumatic event that linger in the fabric of time.
edit on 27-10-2018 by Assassin82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Did you just hijack someone next else's thread to off topic post and promote your own??????

Bad form man..... Bad form

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Loved this version of Hill House. I have to admit, there was one scene that I screamed so loud that my dogs got up and started barking and I'm no light weight.

I liked spotting all random dead people off in the distant in scenes. Creepy, but I can relate.

My story, I live in a house, in a development, that was built in the mid nineties. We've lived here 10 years. Before that, this land was farmland.

First let me tell you what happens in my house. There are noises like people are talking but you just cannot make out what they are saying. Doors, cabinet doors, locked doors open by themselves. Banging on the walls and doors, mainly in the basement, but on the first level, too. Shadow people, people peaking from corners that everyone, even the cats and dogs see. Hot spots and cold spots that come and go. Smells, The most fowl smell in one certain spot that accompanies one particular cute blonde headed ghost boy. Occasionally good smells, like roses, lavender and pipe tobacco in one other area. I could go on... This has been going on for 10 years. Not everyday. It usually clusters.

We're on a bad cluster that has prompted me to look at the Village history. In this area, there are 2 township cemeteries. The oldest has stones from the late 1700's to and was full so the township started a new cemetery just a ways from the first in 1927. Before that, that land was used as a mill. Funny, there is a section of stones that go back to the 1700's to the late 1800's.

About a half mile from where we live there was found an old Native American Village that dates back to the Paleo-Indian era. Other words it was started about 800 BC. It was continually inhabited until the founding of this area. This site wasn't found by excavating, it has never been dug up, but the artifacts seem to keep making their way to the top.

After finding all of this out, I came across my neighbor, at the store, who has lived in her house longer than I did mine. I got up the nerve to ask her if she has noticed anything. She said she had, that her kids mainly experience it, but she has too.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Fools

Did you just hijack someone next else's thread to off topic post and promote your own??????

Bad form man..... Bad form

No, the OP asked for other ATS'ers to tell their own. So no, no hijack. I have not watched the show yet so I have no comment on it.

From the OP:
"
I've read more on ATS that has given me chills than any scene in that series.
So with Halloween so close, I'd love to hear your ghost stories!!
"
edit on 28-10-2018 by Fools because: ...

posted on Oct, 30 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'm really liking this show, very well done. No cheap jump scares, it's more creepy and psychological, which I prefer. It did take several episodes of all the jumping back and forth in time to get used to that, but now it's obvious.

new topics

top topics

join