It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York City leading the way for hyper-intolerance against Americans.

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I think I finally get WHY the Anti-Fascists hate trashcans.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Bloodworth

so which one of those pictures is you...

I want to be the guy drinking Samuels Adams i strongly recomend their October fest while you can get it. But they also make a great Boston lager.

Octoberfest too much citrus

Boston Lager

Beer is just not my thing, but if I'm going to have to have some, make mine a stout.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

I doubt you'll get a direct answer. I asked the same thing way back, as did others. You cant be okay with one, and not be okay with the other. Thats the only answer. Anything else is spin.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
No one has taken it down so its being allowed.

Right, since they aren't taking these down fast enough to prevent martyr butthurt they must be 'allowing' it. Like New York City doesn't have more important things to prioritize than removing posters.

Ok, so now answer my question, are you ok with it, would you be as ok if it portrayed another ethnicity or race negatively? Answer honestly.

I am inherently un-PC so none of this bothers me nor would anything else, this is weak sauce compared to political ads from the 1700 and 1800's.

edit on 28-10-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoscoMoney
I doubt you'll get a direct answer.

You'd be wrong, buckaroo.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
One artist now represents an entire city? Interesting logic there.

Its on par with a minority fringe representing the values of an entire party eh?

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

a reply to: TinySickTears

Teaching kids that hate is okay as long as youre okay with it. HILARIOUS! Lets all have a big ole laugh here folks and WAIT for the shoe to drop on the same thing, only applied to what they agree with. The hilarity that ensues when that happens will be equally as funny! Yay hate!

you guys are such babies

and yes underwerks this is all it takes

love all this kill em all stop the invasion im gonna lend a hand at the border types crying over some stupid trashcan art.

now its about the kids

when all else fails.... think of the children

new york city. the place where they think about the children
lousy with adult stores and smoke shops and liquor stores..

all these places children pass on their way to school

but now that there is trashcan art

hahahahah

The ravings of the triggered.

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

brought the go to material i see

good job with the predictability

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
a reply to: Wardaddy454

brought the go to material i see

good job with the predictability

Like I've pointed out several times -- When no one can make a similar joke targetted at certain other groups considered to be too tender to take the hit. See what the Simpson's did over Apu, or the repeated outcry over Native American mascots (which aren't even bad in the case of the Seminoles), or the pearl clutching if someone dares to draw Mohammad, etc., nothing in a similar vein is funny anymore because if those are demeaning and mean spirited, then it all is, isn't it?

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Okay there big shooter. How about either answer or link me to it, big kahuna.

Thx.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Amazing. Whatever artist is behind this I applaud you.

And if one of those was a Muslim holding the quran you liberals would be rioting.

How dare you spit on the roots that made you and built this great country, while upholding a child molesting woman dehumanizing culture. What a bunch of assbackward gutless cowards liberals are.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 02:26 AM
link   
The city that prides themselves on being rude aholes.

They can have that cesspool. Along with San Fran, Seattle, Portland and Boulder.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Okay there big shooter. How about either answer or link me to it, big kahuna.

Thx.

It was right above that post you're replying to where I gave the poster who you said I wouldn't give a direct answer to a direct answer.

Notice he didn't reply? Why is that.....

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The artist has no right to disfigure public property. He does not have the right to disfigure anyone else's property without written permission or at least verbal. He should not be putting anything on those things. People who believe he has the right to express himself should read the laws, they evidently do not know the law.
Not to mention this is a hate crime.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus. Bull crap! Had these been about many other stereotypes the would have been down by noon and a citywide artist hunt would have begun

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
Bull crap! Had these been about many other stereotypes the would have been down by noon and a citywide artist hunt would have begun

Yup, because the New York Sanitation Department has some sort of poster-enforcement branch working non-stop. Have you ever walked around New York City and seen the shear number of bills posted? They're everywhere.

You can be a helpful little Do-Bee and call 311 with an approximate address, then the SD will know where to go to remove them, or you can bitch about it online and revel in the anal discomfort.

ETA From the SD:

Some of the posters already been removed, but a few still remain.

“A street artist has designed them and illegally placed them on our official litter baskets,” Turo said. “We have told him to cease and desist and if he does not, we will fine him $75 for each poster we find and remove.”

edit on 29-10-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Replace that Bible w another person and a rainbow flag and watch how quick the narrative would. Change

It's ok to hate certain people apparently....... Which is what this is..... Hate speech

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: openminded2011

how long have they been there, I mean for the last week, the city has been having to deal with disposing of a bunch of bombs, I imagine a few signs on some trash cans haven't been on the tip of their priority list?

It would be if it was displaying any other racial group this way.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Not really an answer, but I wasn't expecting one. Your non answer is the answer.

posted on Oct, 29 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011
Not really an answer, but I wasn't expecting one. Your non answer is the answer.

You just don't like it because you didn't get your confirmation bias. So sorry.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join