It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Megyn Kelly, another one bites the dust

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Yep, good ol' foot in the mouth disease.
www.usatoday.com...

She join the ranks of Roseanne, Jonathan Friedland, and many many other less know but equally dense people.

I'm sure Megyn really didn't think she was being racist, but she was ignorant on what blackface is. Above that
ratings were way down, and what better way to give a person the boot. I personally think might have been set up, but who knows.

What I don't understand, is that we are living in "sensitive" times. If anyone has two brain cells they should know that there are certain things
that might trigger people, you know like things that could be seen as controversial or racist. Yet, time and time again we see people tweeting, sending emails, doing shows, calling people names.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

She stands to get a $50 million severance package. Doesn't sound too shabby does it?

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   

How stupid was NBC to sign her to a $20M contract?
The Today Show's ratings will probably go up without her.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I wonder where she will end up next?

Sorry for losing a job over this crap, but she wasnt exactly vocal against this type of trend

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Yes, God forbid we don't walk on eggshells 24/7 for fear that we say one fatal, career ending mistake that our whole lives will be judged by because we may have slightly offended one overly sensitive subgroup or another.

Megan Kelly guilty of ThoughtCrime.

edit on 26-10-2018 by MRinder because: Add info

edit on 26-10-2018 by MRinder because: Add info

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

After that kind of payout I would just retire and enjoy life for well the rest of my life.

But it seems like people like her just cant let go of being on camera so I imagine she will land somewhere.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I had never heard the term "black face" until she got called out for saying it. Is this a new phrase or something pre 70's?

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: cognizant420

Yes, waaaay back in fact. Vaudeville and post civil war southern propaganda took it to the mainstream until the 50s or so

Apparently this is NOT bill and hillary clinton

edit on 10262018 by Butterfinger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

What did she say that was racist? use the 'N' word? Come out like Al Jolson? Oh, she talked about Halloween costumes in past years. The triggering is beyond ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420

I had never heard the term "black face" until she got called out for saying it. Is this a new phrase or something pre 70's?

duckduckgo Al Jolson or "The Jazz Singer"

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
For a second I thought you are saying she had hand foot mouth illness and it was fatal.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

This is not a new term actually it is very old, and it isn't the term that she was fired for. She was fired because she didn't see the problem with people doing blackface for halloween.

nmaahc.si.edu...

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
In the year 2018, it blows my mind that anybody who is younger than 107 wouldn't realize that blackface is inherently offensive.

Blackface goes back to the days of Vaudeville, maybe ever further. And really, it's always been racist. The whole idea is that a white guy (or girl) was pretending to be a negro.
edit on 26-10-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Pre 70s. Al Jolson made it a thing in the 20s and, from the videos I've seen, it was hilarious.

Robert Downey Jr also did it as Kirk Lazarus playing Lincoln Osiris in Tropic Thunder and, again, it was hilarious.

I think Kelly was railroaded for an idiotic, thin skinned reason but... on the other hand, she just made $50 million dollars for doing nothing and will likely be back on the FOX payroll for $10 mil a year before 2019 gets here, so I'd certainly not complain if I was in her shoes. NBC allowed their own BS to cost them a fortune and a talent.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   
The woman walks away with more money than most folks make in a lifetime.

I think she'll be fine.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

She stands to get a $50 million severance package. Doesn't sound too shabby does it?

With a severance package like that, she should of just triggered masses, by making a statement that was genuine blatant racism... Then just happily rode off into the sunset with her 50 mil.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

What did she say that was racist? use the 'N' word? Come out like Al Jolson? Oh, she talked about Halloween costumes in past years. The triggering is beyond ridiculous.

Don't feel sorry for her in the least. She chose to jump ship for greener pastures and realized those that preach tolerance are only tolerant when you speak and think just like they do. Look at the revolving door between politics and the talking heads on television and you will see they are all interchangeable NPC's that just do and say what they are told for money. I am sure Meghan will do just fine as she tours the Political/MSM circuit.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

There's the nagging suspicion they wanted to get rid of her because her show was terrible and wasn't bringing in the ratings hurting their bottom line BUT she had a contract so they couldn't just give her boot. Regardless though, she's probably gonna get a massive payout either way so she wins in the end. She could potentially get up to 69 million!!!!

OMG fire me for that kind of money!

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
In the year 2018, it blows my mind that anybody who is younger than 107 wouldn't realize that blackface is inherently offensive.

Blackface goes back to the days of Vaudeville, maybe ever further. And really, it's always been racist. The whole idea is that a white guy (or girl) was pretending to be a negro.

May I introduce you to our local german tradition, welcoming the three kings on 6th January and handing out some money for poor kids and candy for the three kings?

edit on 26-10-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   

If you do a Google Search for .." Media Whore " , a Picture of Megyn Kelly Comes Up First .........

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join