It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Arrests Man in Connection to Pipe Bombs

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

previous arrest, entailed making a bomb threat.

A criminal background check on mail bomber suspect Cesar Sayoc reveals that Sayoc has apparently been arrested multiple times, prior to his arrest Friday, including for bomb threat allegations in 2002. According to the background check record obtained from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement, he was arrested on August 20, 2002, by the Miami Police Department and charged with a felony for threat to “discharge destructive device.” Sayoc was sentenced to a year of probation for the charge, according to the docket from the case.

State records reveal Sayoc’s past with police in Florida began nearly three decades ago in 1991 when he was arrested and found guilty of grand theft in Broward County. He received two years of probation in that case. Less than a year later, he was arrested again for petty larceny. Over the past two decades, Sayoc has been arrested for a string of crimes in Florida, including theft, battery, fraud, possession of controlled substances – listed as testosterone drugs – and tampering with evidence. Sayoc was most recently arrested in 2015 for retail theft in Palm Beach County. Criminal court records show Sayoc was born in Brooklyn, NY. The bank foreclosed on Sayoc’s Broward County home in 2009, according to records obtained by the I-team. Sayoc filed for bankruptcy in 2012. In court filings, he listed his income as $922 a month at the time and reported he worked as a store manager and lived with his mother. His only asset at the time was a 2001 Chevy Tahoe with 285,000 miles on it.

edit on 26-10-2018 by dojozen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
a reply to: Guyfriday

That is not the US Post Office official site there is a rubber stamp or a sticky label on every package or it doesn't move.

1-1.3 Postmarks
A postmark is an official Postal Service™ imprint applied in black ink on the address side of a stamped mailpiece. A postmark indicates the location and date the Postal Service accepted custody of a mailpiece, and it cancels affixed postage. Since 1979, the Postal Service’s Postal Operations Manual (POM) has provided standards for postmarks applied to single-piece First-Class Mail®. Letters and flats that need to be postmarked come from carrier pick-up, collection boxes, retail counters, or lobby drop boxes. Postmarks are not required for mailings bearing a permit, meter, or precanceled stamp for postage, nor to pieces with an indicia applied by various postage evidencing systems.
The postmarking process uses the following three basic methods of imprinting:

Automated: Advanced facer canceller systems used by processing distribution centers cancel letters quickly. These machines are equipped with biohazard detection systems so letters postmarked by automation benefit from added safety measures.

Mechanized: A variety of older devices apply postmarks to flat-size mail pieces and to philatelic pieces.

Manual: Hand-stamp devices are used by Postal Service employees for local cancellation or philatelic requests.

A “local” postmark shows the full name of the Post Office, a two-letter state abbreviation, ZIP Code™, and date of mailing. Because the Postal Service is sensitive to the importance some customers place upon these postmarks, each Post Office is required to make a local postmark available. Lobby drops should be designated for this purpose with clear signage signifying its use.

I edited the quoting for readability.

So the Bomb that was delivered to CNN should have had some type of marking on it to cancel the postage that was applied to it. I don't recall seeing any on the stamps. Or am I missing something?

I guess my original question remains about the CNN bomb.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Phage

Apparently I need to brush up on DNA testing...

TheRedneck

CSI
CSI New York
CSI Miami.

Pick one and your golden

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: More1ThanAny1

Nuclear detonation is simple... the hard part is machining the fuel.

Detonation usually involves timing, and timing can be notoriously difficult, especially on a budget.

(Incidentally, I know what C4 is made of, as well as napalm and several other nasty things.
)

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Thanks. The way I read it is that Florida had a sample that was taken previously and because of the Fingerprint matching Sayoc they were able to use the sample to compare to DNA found on the devices. Still not sure there was a DNA database match that would have been searched and alerted independent of the finger print being found and matching.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: dojozen

Yes, I was quite sure they had it. Florida collected.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Identified

More than likely Codis.

And obtained when he made the bomb threat in 2002 or beat up his grandma in 2013.

link   

Yes. It should have had a cancellation mark. It didn't because it went through the automated process and is soft and squishy on the outside.

It happens.

link   
a reply to: Justoneman

What we know about the pipe bomb scare and suspect Cesar Sayoc's arrest

Why weren't the stamps on the packages postmarked?

All of the pipe bomb packages contained Forever stamps, but some of the packages were not postmarked sparking questions about how they could be mailed without it. Three officials explained to NBC New York on Thursday that some of the manila packages were not postmarked because they were too soft and could not go through the postal machines.

What's the thinking here anyway? Reproducing a postmark would not be much of an impediment for any conspiracy sophisticated enough to frame a live patsy. And what of the investigators? Are the assumed to be in on it or just incompetent?

Same with the people talking about the followers on the Twitter account. There's two years worth of fringe Right, pro-Trump memes and rantings, photos and video of the man at Trump rallies. But oh boy, those careless deep staters! Totally forgot to unfollow Ellen Degeneres! Good thing for them multiple law enforcement agencies, eventual prosecutors, etc are all in on this conspiracy. Too bad for them they can't get anything past the cyber supersleuths?

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Looks like the Waters IED had a print and DNA. The Obama one had DNA that matched the Waters one. The print came back as Sayoc and Florida LEO had collected a sample for this man during previous arrest and this matched the DNA as well.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: dojozen

Ah. He'll be out in no time then.

End up like Oswald did, might make a better screenplay

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

CNN may be a party to fraud.

Another flaw in the psy-ops ---- somebody forgot to get some cancelled stamps.

😎

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Laura Loomer has cracked it !!!!!

Documentation actually shows he is a registered DEMOCRAT!

💥😯💥

You're literally posting fake news.

The site she quotes anyone on the internet can change and it has moved back and forth since his name broke.
Also, it has now been deleted.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

The Combined DNA Index System (CODIS) is the United States national DNA database created and maintained by the Federal Bureau of Investigation. CODIS consists of three levels of information; Local DNA Index Systems (LDIS) where DNA profiles originate, State DNA Index Systems (SDIS) which allows for laboratories within states to share information, and the National DNA Index System (NDIS) which allows states to compare DNA information with one another.

en.wikipedia.org...

LDIS.

But as it was federal they had 'god' access.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

We loved those shows. NCIS was another good one.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The thinking is, as elaborate as it all seems, the people that pulled it off are still incompetent and missed some details. Perhaps they didn't expect images to be leaked before the police got to them. Perhaps they thought Twitter and Facebook would ban their accounts before the Anons can dig through it all.

I know one thing for sure. With the USPS hemorrhaging money and on the brink of full bankruptcy, they are really anal about marking those postage stamps so they can't be peeled off and reused for another package, losing more revenue from stamps. Did the USPS just reveal how we can all get free shipping now? Just make it difficult for their stamp machines? LOL
edit on 26-10-2018 by More1ThanAny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Same with the people talking about the followers on the Twitter account.

I don't think anyone is using that to excuse his actions... I know I wouldn't. My concern with that goes more to motive, trying to somehow get into his head to see what kind of crazy this guy is.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

He had to been on the watch list...

He also has a past marked by encounters with law enforcement. He had been arrested nine times before Friday, mostly in Florida. Notable among them was a 2002 arrest: Sayoc threatened to bomb the Florida Power and Light Co., Miami police alleged, and said that "it would be worse than September 11th."

edit on 26-10-2018 by dojozen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: More1ThanAny1

Did the USPS just reveal how we can all get free shipping now? Just make it difficult for their stamp machines? LOL

Go for it. But it is a crime to reuse stamps. Cancelled or otherwise.

You're not a criminal, are you?

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join