It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Arrests Man in Connection to Pipe Bombs

page: 51
<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Identified
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I agree. I think it's interesting how the media and FBI types keep saying it would be difficult to build when really we know it isn't but thankfully these sorts of crazies typically can't get it together long enough to get it right before they blow themselves up. He didn't even get that far but he still deserves jail time because of intent.

People want to think he was smart. He wasn't he couldn't spell even misspelled the state he lives in. He obviously didn't think since i heard they lifted his prints off electrical tape. Might as well sent his ID with the bomb it would have taken about the dame amount of time.

And the design is to say the least laughable. Even if this did go off he would have found he created a very poor rocket. Overall the guy was stupid so the bomb not working just shows the lack of cognitive thought.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:11 PM
link   
All Cesar had to do is watch some Youtube videos.

They lay it ALL out.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

CNN had a bomb that looks just like the others, but came from a different delivery source.

Actually, not.
CNN has an offsite mail depot. The USPS delivers there and a courier fetches the mail to the office. This was a clarification which was issued.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

Those are definitely two different devices.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: More1ThanAny1

A 9v battery would show as a giant cuboid with two prominent leads coming from them in an x-ray.

Yes it would.

Why would the FBI publish images on how to build a complete bomb?

Why did Law Enforcement alert the country (and the fake-bomb sender) 20 hours before Cesar Sayoc was captured, that they were focusing on south Florida? They don't do that...normally.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Some of the clocks also have built-in calendars. Microprocessor technology is getting pretty good.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical
We have xrays of two different devices.

NBC:

An X-ray image of one of the pipe bombs addressed to CNN and prominent critics of President Donald Trump provided by law enforcement officials briefed on the case.NBC News

"...one of the pipe bombs addressed to CNN..." makes it seem like CNN was targeted with multiple devices.

Here is a picture from ABC New York:

This looks like a different device than the one shown in the NBC article.

If true, that X-ray pic is showing a complete circuit this time but I see no way to trigger the power.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   

CNN had a bomb that looks just like the others, but came from a different delivery source.

Actually, not.
CNN has an offsite mail depot. The USPS delivers there and a courier fetches the mail to the office. This was a clarification which was issued.

Except that the CNN bomb parcel didn't have any post marks. We (being the other thread that you took part in) covered this when we were having the discussion about Parcels delivered through other than USPS services having the same legal protections.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Hmmmm.... interesting... good point! That clears up one of my concerns.

So here's my new theory: this guy did it. He watched several different videos on how to construct a pipe bomb, tried to piece them together a'la carte, used too large wire (hey, wire is wire!), used the wrong wiring configuration, didn't bother to check the output from the clock, and threw together a bunch of 'bombs' that were laughable, then mailed them to his targets.

Good news: this means they got the right man.

Bad news: The gene pool is shallower than I thought...

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Antideluvian posted way back in the thread that the USPS does not always postmark if a package is too soft to be handled by their machinery.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: TheRedneck

Pretend for a sec that the clock could power the explosion. At best you have 23 hours and 59 minutes for the USPS to deliver your bomb to the target. It is simply not going to get there on time no matter how well you timed it with that clock.

Math, it is our friend.

We all need not even say the USPS will get er done in 24 hours.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Might we actually have three different device xrays?

NBC:

ABC New York

This looks like it might be three different devices entirely.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Antideluvian posted way back in the thread that the USPS does not always postmark if a package is too soft to be handled by their machinery.

TheRedneck

Oh? sorry I missed that.

Sorry Phage.

***EDITED DUE TO THOUGHT***

Has anyone heard if the Postal Authorities are investigating this event also, or has the shebang been handed off the FBI and BATF?

edit on 26-10-2018 by Guyfriday because: edited to add some stupid god name possiblities.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Justoneman

There's a huge difference between being afraid of someone harming you, and trying to understand how they could harm you. The first is paranoia; the last is reasonable caution using science.

TheRedneck

That reasonable caution is known as paranoia to the media and others my cynical side says.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Why did Law Enforcement alert the country (and the fake-bomb sender) 20 hours before Cesar Sayoc was captured, that they were focusing on south florida

I would imagine they were watching him during that time. He wasn't going anywhere.

edit on 10/26/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

a reply to: More1ThanAny1

A 9v battery would show as a giant cuboid with two prominent leads coming from them in an x-ray.

Yes it would.

Why would the FBI publish images on how to build a complete bomb?

Why did Law Enforcement alert the country (and the fake-bomb sender) 20 hours before Cesar Sayoc was captured, that they were focusing on south Florida? They don't do that...normally.

Unless maybe they are looking for help from the public.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The FBI and America got lucky he wasn't intelligent because we have seen how it goes when someone with actual brains pulls terroristic stunts like this.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

Actually, not.

Except that the CNN bomb parcel didn't have any post marks. We (being the other thread that you took part in) covered this when we were having the discussion about Parcels delivered through other than USPS services having the same legal protections.

Source please, I think you are right but thinking and knowing are two different things?

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
DNA and fingerprints pointed right to him. They probably had him shortly into the event.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Has anyone heard if the Postal Authorities are investigating this event also, or has the shebang been handed off the FBI and BATF?

During the DoJ presser today at 2:30, they had someone form the Postal Inspector's Office there. They're involved, along with the DoJ, FBI, NYPD, and a few others.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 48  49  50    52  53  54 >>

join