It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Arrests Man in Connection to Pipe Bombs

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: imitator

Is He Really a Man , or Just a Meme ? ..............Hmm....

imgflip.com...

link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Boy, that was strange, thread disappeared for awhile, link 404'd and just pops back up.

Just this one it seemed, all the others were fine.

They were checking the postmarks.

💥😎💥

link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: soberbacchus

I did. Saw that (thread disappearing and reappearing without staff review note and not reachable anymore, just to turn up again some minute ago, several times. But I can´t guarante it was because of the reasons I guessed (!)

I´ve also seen members kick-banned just to reappear with the old user account. Even wrote someone about that because I was just baffled that person would get banned. Happened in 2015 or 2016 I think and it was a bug or something.

I might be bias toward the hack-attack theory cuz my old username got fully hacked, taken over last year. Not to mention my gmail plus PC, it was a mess.
I got the ATS PTB to shut it down, but had to create a new account. My original account was from 2007.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Boy, that was strange, thread disappeared for awhile, link 404'd and just pops back up.

I noticed that. What the heck was that about?

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I was looking at a Twitter account earlier, @Hardrockintlent, that was supposed to be this guys main account. It was following over 1k accounts and had the same posting style etc. The account has since been suspended at the same time as the other account. I've seen a couple of screenshots here

EDIT: I had submitted a similar post just as the thread disappeared and lost it.
edit on 26/10/2018 by RexKramerPRT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Exactly. His van is professionally wrapped, with professionally-created graphics. That is not normal by a long shot.

No, it isn't. The stickers are not even sized or cut to fit:

Have you guys never had anything printed before? If you need to decorate your van, Google "custom vinyl sticker" there's about a bazillion places online and brick and mortar where you can give them an image file — say a collage of your fav memes — and they'll print it out on vinyl for not that much money.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

That's another suspicious point that has similarities to some sting/set-up operations, just enough components to say it was dangerous but not enough to actually be much of a danger. There really are a lot of aspects to this that call for a closer look at what we're seeing as opposed to what's being presented.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

I noticed that. What the heck was that about?

It was temporarily (I think accidentally) trashbinned.

link   

originally posted by: tonycodes
FBI Director Christopher Wray said Friday that more than a dozen improvised explosive devices sent to individuals nationwide were "not hoax devices." He said each device was made of roughly 6 inches of pvc pipe, wiring, a small clock, battery and "energetic material that could be explosive."

Well from what I read on here from people who claim to have knowledge of this kind of stuff that these could not actually detonate. SO which is it?

The device in the picture we've all seen could not possibly have exploded, for all the reasons that have been stated several times now. Perhaps the picture is fake?

link   

originally posted by: Phage

Surely some people on ATS who have seen pictures of the things are correct.

I am on the fence.

People might have knowledge of pipe bombs around here, but interpreting state of the art portable bomb "x-ray" imagery?

I defer to the experts and from what I have heard Security/Military Bomb experts explain is that the bombs were "operational" but very poorly made.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

FBI Director Christopher Wray said Friday that more than a dozen improvised explosive devices sent to individuals nationwide were "not hoax devices." He said each device was made of roughly 6 inches of pvc pipe, wiring, a small clock, battery and "energetic material that could be explosive."

Well from what I read on here from people who claim to have knowledge of this kind of stuff that these could not actually detonate. SO which is it?

C4 is energetic material that could be explosive, but only if subjected to the right conditions. Basic fireworks are the same way -- full of energetic material that could be explosive.

The question is whether or not they were ever even going to explode. The device has to create those conditions. Could any of them? If the bomb squads didn't detonate them as a precaution, I'd say they weren't properly designed to, not on their own.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

You didn't see neo break it down?

You should go check his opinion on it
I

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Regardless, now we know it was mod that -just like me- has some "click ticks" now and then. It´s especially annoying if you´re streaming at the moment or have your mouse over the delete button that belongs to a thread ^^.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

I agree.

Some gunpowder, a piece of nichrome wire as a resistance element, and small battery. Those are the basic necessary components. Putting them together properly may be the tricky part.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

You should go check his opinion on it

Why?

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

"energetic material that could be explosive."

Sounds like possibly tannerite?

Note the could be.

Although tannerite is pretty stable, you have to have significant impact with the stuff for it to go off.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Haha, I couldn't resist.

link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan

The device in the picture we've all seen could not possibly have exploded, for all the reasons that have been stated several times now. Perhaps the picture is fake?

Or the imagery is being misinterpreted by people with some understanding of pipe bombs, but little exposure to reading security screening imagery as it relates to bombs.

The experts I read on FOX NEWS said the bombs were operational.

www.foxnews.com...

Jimmie Oxley is a professor and explosive expert. She aided in the investigations in the '93 World Trade Center bombing and the 2005 London bombings.

JIMMIE OXLEY, EXPLOSIVES EXPERT: Well, what we have seen is some x-rays and they looked like they would be operational. It is typical for EOD, Explosive Ordinance Disposal to be able to x-ray packages.

edit on 26-10-2018 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

link   
Maybe the feds are exaggerating the potential of the devices so they can make sure there is no bail. I dont think you can be hit as hard if you try to rob a store with a fake gun as a real gun.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The battery must still be able to heat the wire to the flash point. A coin cell of that size won't do it.

E=IR, P=IE.

TheRedneck

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join