It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sinead O'Conner converts to Islam

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Singer sinead has converted to Islam.

I have to wonder why because it's more restrictive than Catholicism and more barbaric (Some sectors are anyway). She claimed that she left being Catholic because of all the accusations regarding child sex abuses but in some cases this also goes on in the Islamic faith as I've read in the media, so what exactly is she doing it for?

Why not become Buddhist or Hinduist?

Pop singer Sinéad O'Connor has announced she has become a Muslim, calling her conversion "the natural conclusion of any intelligent theologian’s journey".

She has also changed her name to Shuhada which means 'Martyr'. Very strange if you ask me.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

www.thesun.co.uk...

www.washingtonpost.com...

edit on CDTFri, 26 Oct 2018 09:08:02 -05000000003109x102x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

edit on CDTFri, 26 Oct 2018 09:09:36 -05000000003109x136x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Wasn’t her most famous hit a cover of Princes song? How does anything she’s does have any relevance to be news worthy? Most celebrities are just over inflated egos, if she had any real sense of being an intelligent theologian the last thing she would do is feel the need to convert a religion.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

Wasn’t her most famous hit a cover of Princes song? How does anything she’s does have any relevance to be news worthy? Most celebrities are just over inflated egos, if she had any real sense of being an intelligent theologian the last thing she would do is feel the need to convert a religion.

That's what I thought too...

and 'Nothing compares to you' is the song.
edit on CDTFri, 26 Oct 2018 09:20:37 -05000000003109x137x1 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

Ummmmmm I think she had some screaming song in the 80"s

She is a non-event... and even more a non-event now.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

On how relevant she is for me, when I saw this in the news I was quite surprised. Not on the fact she is a muslim now. I was surprised because I thought she was dead...

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Because they don't treat their women like property?

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
She might have done so she would have an excuse to cover up her stupid haircut .

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Must have an album or book coming out.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Must have an album or book coming out.

well... she did mentio something about a new song.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Because they don't treat their women like property?

Is that sarcasm?

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Heres my shocked face.....

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I swear I just saw her in Dr Phil in the last year talking about how she’s been In abusive relationships her whole life... guess she couldn’t get enough of it?

I’m no fan of the Catholic Church either... retreating to an oppressive ideology is never a good idea no matter which one it is, but I think Islam might be a little behind the times...

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 booms!

edit on 26-10-2018 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

Sinead O'Conner is relevant because she was the first person/celebrity to publicly call out the Catholic Church and the Pope for deeply entrenched pedophilia and human trafficking. She lost her career and what sanity she had over her very public stance. The current news has proven her claims to have been correct.

She's disillusioned and crestfallen with Christianity, no doubt, but I'm surprised at her decision to convert to another mainstream religion, especially Islam. I mean, if Jesus didn't do it for her, I can't imagine that Muhammad would. I would have expected something more akin to the Bahia.

edit on 26-10-2018 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Honestly, I just hope that makes her happy. We should respect her faith.

And that comes from a Christian.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Newsflash:

Attention Whore Seeks Attention.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   

This is amazing.
After lashing out against the Pope and the catholic church. A religion that harbored and enables pedophiles

She joins a religion that harbors and enables pedophiles.

Flawless logic.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   
She used to be a brilliant artist.

Ashame what a mess her later life became. This is just another extreme, the consequence of her long battle with mental illness.

I suspect it will change again.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

This is bad news for the butthurt Christians. LMAO!

Here. Learn something new from your master who you suckup to:

edit on 26-10-2018 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

She is a tormented soul. I know she has depression and anxiety and I THINK (could be wrong) some specific mental illness. Mental illness isn't just a thing that you treat with a pill or therapy. It is messy, drags the individual and family down with it and some go through highs and lows throughout their life always struggling, always seeking. She is seeking something to sooth her inner demons. This is another religious journey for her as she tries to find help for herself.

She is not an attention whore. Your words are cruel and ignorant (uneducated, unknowledgeable, untaught, unschooled, untutored, untrained, illiterate, unlettered, unlearned, unread, uninformed, unenlightened, benighted).

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join