It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No wonder US members can't cope with trans folk, you're too prudish to even say toilet lmfao

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: TexasTruth

originally posted by: TexasTruth
Still kicked y’alls arses all the way back to your ugly beaches and tea cups. Still have to cover your arses everytime somebody bullies you. Tell the Queen hello for us and to stop calling. We’re not interested.
I know your country won’t let you own a gun, but didnt they take your knives away too? Haha
Lol, good rant

Almost beat mine but I used pictures as well so I get the gold star...you get that US thing...what is it again? ...that's right, a participation prize lmao.

I didn’t have time for pictures because I was in the loo. I had been prairie doggie all morning, growing a tail if you know what I mean. Finally cut some butt ribbon, and spackeled the thrown.

Better?

Yea, I threw mud just a bit ago. Hope the house bitch mops up so I can just drink beer and fart.
You sound like quite the caveman. House bitch is a very misogynistic phrase to use. I'm glad none of my friends speak like that.
EDIT
Maybe I just don't understand your idea of humour?
EDIT
Notice Humour not Humor, the incorrect way to spell it, there is no such thing as 'American English', there is 'English' and then there are just dialects of English.

LOL, I don't talk like that either. But you seem to really want to bring "bathroom talk" down to "sh!t talk" levels, so I just tried to make you feel more at home.

I call the thing my crap goes in "the toilet" and the place it resides is the "bathroom", since there is a bathtub in there as well. But you are free to call it whatever you want.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude
There is no bath in the toilets at McDonald's lol, only toilets. No comfy chairs to rest either.
EDIT
You lose lol
edit on 26-10-2018 by CornishCeltGuy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

To be fair, back in the day most English houses would have a kitchen, a dining room and a living room. Everybody has their TV in the living room because that's where everybody 'lives', and no one sits at a dining room table to eat. They sit in the living room with their dinners on their laps watching tv.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Just remember if you find yourself using the toilet less and less, Magnesium citrate is your friend......lol.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Why do you guys call it the "Loo"....?

They say "Going to go to the LOO, eh? And smoke a "fag"' outside."

Just sayin'!

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Just sayin'!

Loo really isnt used well at least in London. I havnt been everywhere in the UK. But i have noticed a lot of differences. For example in the UK i was corrected for saying i need to take a bath first than we can go. A British girl looked at me strangely and asked me where i was planning on taking the bath? And told me i was supposed to say im going to have a bath than we can go. Other oddities in stead of elevators they have lifts. You ask wheres the elevator and they look at you like your from mars.

Also can't say my bags are in the trunk because somehow thats a boot . But boots were called willies. Makes me chuckle because growing up we called other things willies. And i missed out on alot i didnt realize i was turning down cookies. Because oddly a biscuit is a cookie. I hate biscuits so i missed out on alot.
edit on 10/26/18 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Yep, that's my opinion, total prudes who come out with stupid words like restroom, bathroom, or even the most childish one, go potty lol.
Are you ashamed of going to the toilet? Does it make you feel dirty and sinful taking a dump or going for a piss?
I used the toilet at McDonalds the other day, on my receipt it said "Toilet lock code 3490", on the door it said "Toilet", and guess what, there were no comfy seats there to have a rest, and not a bath in sight.
Here, I'll help you out...

Restroom

Bathroom

Toilet

Potty

You will note that a potty is a receptacle used to teach small children how to use...guess what...yes, the toilet.

You will also note that the toilet image above is typical of public toilets with cubicles which have lockable doors for privacy. If a trans male still has a vagina then he will use the cubicle in the male toilets to sit down and pee. Nobody will see and children will not be scarred for life.
If a trans female still has a penis there are no urinals on the wall so she will also use a cubicle to pee, and again nobody will see unless you are weird and peep over the door or something.

So lesson of the day complete, a toilet is something different to a bathroom or restroom, but you prudish US folk have some weird hangup about saying the word...almost as bad as when you see (shock horror) a female nipple while at the beach Lmao!
Y'all make me think of Victorian Britain.

LOL why are you so triggered? Different regions call it different things. My friends in Canada call soda....Pop, they also call the bathroom a "Washroom". You are whining about semantics. Now who's the childish one here? LMAO

Here at my job there are signs everywhere they lead to the "Restroom" who cares what they are called?

Then you want to claim ALL US citizens are prudes because we don't say toilet? LOL you have some real issues if something as small this can trigger you.
edit on 26-10-2018 by jidnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: jidnum

He is not triggered guys. Just having some fun. A needed break from all the rest going on. Lots of things to fight about, rather hard to find something to laugh at. This was a needed break from bad news around the world. Do we really not know how to laugh anymore ? Joke about ourselves ? Come on let's just smile and laugh ! Much more in common than what divides us, and if we gotten to the point that this stuff is going to cause heartache, then it's over !

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Just sayin'!

Loo really isnt used well at least in London. I havnt been everywhere in the UK. But i have noticed a lot of differences. For example in the UK i was corrected for saying i need to take a bath first than we can go. A British girl looked at me strangely and asked me where i was planning on taking the bath? And told me i was supposed to say im going to have a bath than we can go. Other oddities in stead of elevators they have lifts. You ask wheres the elevator and they look at you like your from mars.

Also can't say my bags are in the trunk because somehow thats a boot . But boots were called willies. Makes me chuckle because growing up we called other things willies. And i missed out on alot i didnt realize i was turning down cookies. Because oddly a biscuit is a cookie. I hate biscuits so i missed out on alot.

And "lowries" instead of trucks? The toilet reference?

"Bathroom"- because a tub and sink should be there to bath as well as toilet
"Restroom"- fine clubs, hotels etc...have couches, divans, sofas, setees..in them to "rest" for women mostly...sit a bit, socialize, do makeup...with a toilet in there too
"Can"- obviouly a toilet is like a "can"
"John"- referencing...hell, I'm not sure!
"Crapper"- refers to Mr. Crapper who invented the modern toilet
"Outhouse"- a separate.building with a door and a hole in the ground at a farm or building without running water inside
"Potty"- referring to an old time chamberpot kept under the bed

So, there you "go"!....(God, I cant believe I explained all this!!!!!!!!)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Many of my female friends just cannot bring themselves to say the universally acceptable "toilet", or even the standard American "restroom" or "bathroom". It's almost ALWAYS "I have to use the little girls' room a moment" or "I have to use the ladies' room" and try to act as discreet as possible about it. It's something I've never personally figured out, a lot of women act like it's the manners equivalent of walking around nude with a dildo up there or something.

It annoyed the hell out of my husband for a long time, until he got frustrated once with a friend and said, with probably a touch too much exasperation, ""You have to PEE. PISS. URINATE. VACATE YOUR BLADDER. POOP. S#. EVACUATE THE BOWELS. Jesus, just say it, we all know what you're effing doing in there, one of 3 things -- pissing, s#ing, or plastering paint on your face. Just vacate the waste organ, or fix your paint, and be done with it!"

Never had anyone try to discreetly announce going pee again after that, he made his point XD

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I had an elementary school teacher that called it the "thunder closet" lol..

It occurred to me later that maybe she just had digestive issues.

Restroom, bathroom and john are my usual terms...except when I worked in an office with two guys named John.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I am not 100% sure but, I think that I have always said restroom or bathroom. Now, when I am letting my dog out I say "Wally do you need to go potty?" and he seems to understand

Here are some photos of toilets (?) that look as if I would enjoy a rest in.

When I was younger and was out a lot, there were places that had seating and resting areas in the restroom so I suppose that calling that room, aside from where the toilet was, a rest room was apropos in that case.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I do agree about restroom. With public bathrooms only ever seen a bench(vanity styled bench)in a fancy nightclub and an upscale vintage store.

Then again you guys say loo! Wait what doe it mean just toilet or the room(toilet,sink, other) as a whole? Bidets as well--or is that moreso Euro?

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 04:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
Says the people who smoke fags and eat spotted dicks.

That is funny.

But of course, these terms were in use way back before they were used as derogatory terms or male genitalia.

Not all Brits even refer to "the toilet" or "a toilet" as such either. I hear many say Loo, or even the more vulgar term "Bog".

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: spacedoubt
I had an elementary school teacher that called it the "thunder closet" lol..

It occurred to me later that maybe she just had digestive issues.

Bwahaha, I'm totally using this later when my husband wakes up. "Hey, be right back, gotta use the Thunder Closet to donate to the sewer system" XD
edit on 10/27/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
a reply to: jidnum

He is not triggered guys. Just having some fun. A needed break from all the rest going on. Lots of things to fight about, rather hard to find something to laugh at. This was a needed break from bad news around the world. Do we really not know how to laugh anymore ? Joke about ourselves ? Come on let's just smile and laugh ! Much more in common than what divides us, and if we gotten to the point that this stuff is going to cause heartache, then it's over !

Thanks for the support, this thread genuinely was lighthearted in intent and there has been some brilliant banter back from many US members. I think the funniest one back at me was being a sissy because our cars have bonnets, so I owned it and explained mine has pretty pink ribbons as well lol.
We do need to laugh more on ATS, the arguing is a drain on everyone at times, so if you want a break from it come to the Banter Cafe thread in general chat.
It's mostly Brits just chatting # but nothing is off-topic and everyone is welcome to pop in stick a tune on the jukebox or just spark a conversation, the only rule is be friendly.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird
Bloody 'ell TN, one of those toilets has the same floor size as my little house lmao!
Everything is bigger in the US though so maybe your toilets have room for comfy sofa's and scatter cushions as well...I wouldn't want a rest in a UK public toilet though, especially not ones operated by the local authority (city hall), you have to dodge used syringes and burnt tinfoil in them...cool if you are a heroin addict though, better than a back alley with no roof to protect from crap British weather drizzle rain!

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   
What a load of crap this thread is. Seriously, 10 pages of crap.

Thomas Crapper would be so proud.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24
There has been some funny crap posted though

...I always thought Mr Crapper was an urban myth, learn something new every day.

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

a reply to: TNMockingbird
Bloody 'ell TN, one of those toilets has the same floor size as my little house lmao!
Everything is bigger in the US though so maybe your toilets have room for comfy sofa's and scatter cushions as well...I wouldn't want a rest in a UK public toilet though, especially not ones operated by the local authority (city hall), you have to dodge used syringes and burnt tinfoil in them...cool if you are a heroin addict though, better than a back alley with no roof to protect from crap British weather drizzle rain!

Well, I have seen televisions in home bathrooms. I won't admit to nor deny there being one in my main bath LMAO.
I think that has pretty much gone away now with cell phones and tablets (wrapped in plastic BTW!)...
Here's a chuckle for you...bathroom books, which is what I would prefer. So when there's a question of which bathroom to use, I choose the one with the reading material

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join