It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Every Black American Needs to Watch This Before the Election

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
Thank you for keeping it real.

That always makes me think of the Chappelle show.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Agreed. Read his autobiography. I even got mad at how he was treated. If you look at the facts he presents, he is correct. When you are right, you are right. No amount of, but,but,but can make his story and beliefs wrong. That's s was a time when I saw Amercans (black) getting beaten by cops, hit wiith fire hoses and attacked by police dogs on my black and white tv every night.

Why wouldn't he be angry? I thought it was terrible also as a kid growing up. Still do.

Americans need to admit some ugly crap happened to people on American soil, and that it was really wrong. To other Americans. And it happened within my lifetime. It is still happening. Just admit it.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Why is this only important BEFORE the election?
Would this not be important all the time?

It is interesting to me how some issues are only issues around election time and somehow disappear soon after.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JasonBillung

I can see how he arrived at his stance, I just don't agree with him. I think MLK's approach, a more inclusive, non-militant ideology, is the correct one.

And I get why any black person who likes Malcom X would call me out on this, angry black people are 'scary' to whites. Except I'm not scared, I've been confronted before.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   

meanwhile in the real world

what every black man should really see

White Supremacist Who Targeted And Killed 2 Black People In Cold Blood Is Arrested Peacefully

Jeffersontown Police Chief Sam Rogers refused to “speculate” about the motives of Gregory Alan Bush, who was caught on surveillance cameras hours before the shooting trying to force his way into a predominately Black church in that same town. Even more damning for Bush, eyewitness Ed Harrell, a white man who brandished his own gun after the shooting in a supermarket parking lot, said the gunman walked by him and said, “Don’t shoot me. I won’t shoot you. Whites don’t shoot whites.

fear and loathing in trump's new america. racism, fake news, drugs
killed blacks , get a free lunch at McDonald's before being taken into custody... true story

edit on 26-10-2018 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

That is awful.
The media silence of that is deafening.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

That is awful.
The media silence of that is deafening.

and the ats silence.... but water gets theown at a conservative pundit, all hell breaks loose...

the new , old, America.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Did you start a thread here about this?

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Did you start a thread here about this?

no... it'll just fade into obscurity compared to other lesser topics...

more agonizing would be the attacks at blacks [sic] that will be intertwined in the thread...so its best not to.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Many blacks are tired of being insulted by the left and want to move forward especially a large number of women who want better in life and the plantation is not the answer.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I don't think my two sons would be mad at you. They have no conception of what the civil rights struggle was all about. They grew up as normal kids who had few problems. Being black was not that hard for them. They did have a few racial slurs thrown at them over the years, and there were a few fist fights over it. But we live in a rural area, so people get along better because folks know each other, and parents talk.

That being said, both of my sons have girl friends that are are from European descent. The parents are ok with this. I have hope that all the nonsense we saw in the 1960s are over.

Maybe not.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
You all should read more about Malcolm X. Yes, he hated whites as a group most of his life. He joined up with the American Nation of Islam, which at the time, was a thinly veiled black supremacist group.

He decided to make the trip to Mecca one year, and it changed his life. He met white Muslims who treated him as an equal. He learned from them to not judge a group of people as a whole, but to judge individuals. He realized that there are good and bad in all groups, including blacks.

He came back to the U.S. a changed man who preached more peaceful ways. Funny how true Islam taught him that.

I have a feeling if he were alive today, he would like some conservatives and some liberals, no matter their color.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
You all should read more about Malcolm X. Yes, he hated whites as a group most of his life. He joined up with the American Nation of Islam, which at the time, was a thinly veiled black supremacist group.

He decided to make the trip to Mecca one year, and it changed his life. He met white Muslims who treated him as an equal. He learned from them to not judge a group of people as a whole, but to judge individuals. He realized that there are good and bad in all groups, including blacks.

He came back to the U.S. a changed man who preached more peaceful ways. Funny how true Islam taught him that.

I have a feeling if he were alive today, he would like some conservatives and some liberals, no matter their color.

Yup. People forget that Malcolm transformed after his visit to Mecca. He actually renounced the Nation of Islam under the leadership of Elijah Muhammad after he found out Elijah was having affairs with young women / secretaries. Farrakhan was a top lieutenant in the organization at that time and it has been long rumored/suggested he was directly or indirectly responsible for Malcolm X's assassination.

You have to remember at that time, the black community was truly oppressed. Straight up, in your face racism. None of this bullsh*t microaggressions we call racism today. It is hard for people who didn't live back them and experience it to really understand. So one cannot necessarily hold Malcolm's positions against him imho at that time, particularly looking back at it through the perspective of where we are today.

Malcolm X was absolutely correct though. He is referencing many of the liberal black leaders at that time like Dr. King. In a way, MLK was pushed to the forefront with his nonviolent positions to quell the dissatisfaction with racial progress. The government knew the black community was getting restless and starting to push for more radical (violent) confrontations.

edit on 26-10-2018 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

This is the lamest thing I've ever heard of,when you make a certain race appear as mindless,thoughtless people who can't think for themselves,I think your a racist,only racist are the liberals,using it for a perceived notion

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I think this country is in this mess because of group think and absolutism. What I mean is it's either black or white with no grey area and we all want to be part of a team and that means the other team no matter who runs is wrong.

What we need to do is vote for the best candidate period. Never vote along party lines. Never vote for a democrat or a repulbican just because they are a democrat or a republican. Vote for the candidate.

The third problem is that it's nearly impossible for a candidate to get elected unless they run as a democrat or republican. So we have candidates chosing which team will help them get elected.

Threads like this, tend to be about being "anti Liberal" or "anti conservative" or "democrats are destroying the country" or "conservatives like Trump are ruining this great land".

F that. Stop being brainwashed and vote for the candidate that is the best person, trying to do the right things, who has some of your values. Keeping in mind that we're all broken and flawed. You won't find a perfect candidate.

<< 1   >>

join