It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

While everyone is focused on pipe bombs and caravans, some interesting Russia News broke

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:04 PM
link   
In actuality, two separate pieces of news have come out in recent days. As most of us know, Donald Trump has repeatedly called the Mueller investigation a witch hunt. Well, former attorney to President Trump, Ty Cobb, was asked directly if he believes that the Mueller investigation is a witch hunt and his response was:

I don't think it's a witch hunt

Ty Cobb, who served as Trump's lawyer between July 2017 through May 2018, would have access to much more information than anyone in the public. Given that, the fact he does not believe this is a witch hunt indicates that Ty Cobb at least believes that Mueller has a legitimate case.

The second piece of news dropped tonight from Moscow. A member of the Trump administration has finally acknowledged that Russia did attempt to meddle in the 2016 United States election. John Bolton told senior Russian officials that their effort to influence the 2016 Presidential election had little impact on the vote. This directly contradicts President Trump's past statements on the subject when he has gone against US intelligence agencies and stated that Russia did not meddle. In the past, Trump has stated that it could be a 400lb hacker, no hacker, and the most famous quote standing next to Vladimer Putin:

He said he didn’t meddle … I really believe that when he tells me that, he means it

Also of note, 6 days ago a Russian woman was indicted by the Department of Justice (Not Mueller) for attempting to meddle in the 2018 elections. The woman, Elena Khusyaynova works for an oligarch with close ties to Putin. The interesting tidbit about this arrest is that she was charged with not just attempting to help Republicans, but rather sowing distrust amongst all Americans through hate and misinformation. Her social media campaigns were equal opportunity attacks with some going after Republicans and some after Democrats.

Russia loves it when America fights amongst itself.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: BlackJackal

I think it's the oldest tactic in the world,divide and conquer.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I don't think it's if they meddled, it's how they meddle.

The water has been so muddy on this. On one hand you have most Trump supporters quick to say that they didn't help Trump win. On the other, few will say they didn't meddle, but it's a big talking point that the dossier had some Russian sources, so many believe they meddled in regards to Hillary's campaign. (while the left downplays that).

I think there are truths to both sides if you skim out the embellishments.

Question is, did they cross the line or walk it closely.

One things for sure, we know they have been actively trying stir the pot.

Whatever the level you believe it happened, they were successful... And if you think they did nothing, the situation now is still beneficial to them.
edit on 25-10-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Maybe off-topic, maybe not ...

I'm still astounded by the utter hypocrisy of the United States whining because somebody meddled in their elections.

Every country in the world jacks around with the internal affairs of other sovereign nations. The United States is no different, and has likely been one of the worse offenders in this sense. I know that you have to grunt and groan and act like it's a big deal, but at some point you just acknowledge the reality of the status quo and get on with life.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Every one of the 'ism's is catastrophic when taken to the extreme.

What we need is to find the right blend of all of them.

The vast majority of people have no idea what the isms actually are, they parrot talking points.

P

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Bro, you and everyone else on this subject wanting to post about it.

I don't care if Putin took out 500 billion worth of loans and publicly stated he was going to buy every news outlet in America and the World with his INTENT to try and sway public opinion.

I - would - not - care.

It would not change my opinion of Hillary needing to go away and Knit or that DT is a D*** bag with a hot daughter.

Seriously, she lost. Get over it.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   

really? You are still on that? The more important news could be that the Eastern order with the New Development Bank, Contingency Reserve Fund and AIIB are nearing implementation of an internal real gold standard that competes directly with the Western financial hegemony. But it probably not that big a deal anyways.

Eventually if they are successful in a few years, it means 2 billion humans of this Earth will no longer trade with the US dollar. I am no economist or anything, but that just seems like it does not sound good for our financial well being in the USA.

Why would India and South Africa do this to us??

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal
Given that, the fact he does not believe this is a witch hunt indicates that Ty Cobb at least believes that Mueller has a legitimate case.

The second piece of news dropped tonight from Moscow. A member of the Trump administration has finally acknowledged that Russia did attempt to meddle in the 2016 United States election.

This all is old news...we do know that Russian bad actors spent about 270k on posts/ads on Facebook, as example. As far as witch hunt, Mueller has said that the President is not part of it, so your "legitimate case" could be anything, hell it might be the DNC as far as we know, but we do know 2 years later and still crickets.

edit on 26-10-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   
i see the dnc has forgot how trump won. guccifer2.0 hacked dnc files and released evidence that the dnc meddled to make sure clinton beat sanders in the primary. the fbi refused to look into the accusations because comey was her friend. when the fbi finally did decide to look into it she deleted all the evidence. to date no charges have been filed for that illegal action

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Ty Cobb "doesn't think" it's a witch hunt? As an insider, he should KNOW.. one way or the other. All of us have "thoughts".

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

really? You are still on that? The more important news could be that the Eastern order with the New Development Bank, Contingency Reserve Fund and AIIB are nearing implementation of an internal real gold standard that competes directly with the Western financial hegemony. But it probably not that big a deal anyways.

Eventually if they are successful in a few years, it means 2 billion humans of this Earth will no longer trade with the US dollar. I am no economist or anything, but that just seems like it does not sound good for our financial well being in the USA.

I'm sure their first priority is still the financial well being of the United States, they're probably just playing a prank on you.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Hell if you look at the CIA, one of the reasons JFK wanted to scatter it in 1000 pieces, it grew to be to be independent,hid the President behind plausible denial, and entered into various illegal practices with allies and enemy alike. Every body talks about Castro assassination attempts, but history has shown they succeeded in killing a elected South Vietnamese president basically because they could. JFK was no angel either wasnt above any means necessary especially with Papa Joe Kennedy pulling the strings, and bringing LBJ onboard whose powers reached into several counties in Texas that happened to have more JFK votes than populations of said counties. Papa Joe a man that had his own daughter lobotomized for fear of her hurting Jack's political future All of this is ironic cause cause we excuse JFK because of his assassination, good looks and charm and America was glad it didnt have that bastard Nixon as President. JFK had us closer to WW3 than any other president, but could you imagine if Nixon was running the show. Maybe in 1960 our parents and grand parents choose the lesser of two evils too.

Thats the thing the Republicans and Democrats are just opposite sides of the same dirty filthy cloth. Its also why certain Presidents regardless of party are fine because they aren't doers they dont have the power or pig headed stubborn streak to do any real damage. Im sure each of one of us could identify which past ones from both sides fall into that category. But the point is while both Trump and HRC are certainly doers, still think coming off of 8 years of Democratic executive management 4 more might have been too much.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Havent they been trying that for almost a decade....not saying it couldnt happen but its been stalled before.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   

So now we're changing the narrative to meddling?

What happened to the "collusion"?

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 03:31 AM
link   

You know that Ty Cobb's statement could also be true if he meant that he believes in Russian collusion, but just not with Trump.

Even your article quotes him as saying he does not believe there's any evidence of Trump's collusion.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
Maybe off-topic, maybe not ...

I'm still astounded by the utter hypocrisy of the United States whining because somebody meddled in their elections.

Every country in the world jacks around with the internal affairs of other sovereign nations. The United States is no different, and has likely been one of the worse offenders in this sense. I know that you have to grunt and groan and act like it's a big deal, but at some point you just acknowledge the reality of the status quo and get on with life.

The difference now is that there's millions of so called "patriots" that echo silly garbage that you just posted diminishing foreign influence in our elections because it worked out for you this time.

Being okay with foreign influences on our election process is inherently globalist.

I'd be more okay with you trump#ers if you had some kind of coherent philosophy.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

So what do you think about America's meddling in foreign elections? It's okay for us but not for them?

A2D

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   

and because Ty Cobb was his layer he is bound by attorney client privilege and cant discuss the material. It is exactly what democrats do. Make accusations and then hide behind rules or privilege to avoid providing answers. It lets detractors to run with their own bs theories based on a vague accusation with no context.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 05:54 AM
link   

is this another southern guardian type thread, where the OP states same opinions, then disappears? Asking for a friend.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 06:09 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

You neither have friends, nor any right to demand participation. People add stuff to threads or they don't.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join