It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange dreams, lucid dreams, accidental lucid methods and one absolute prediction.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I forgot this sub forum existed completely and now that i'm stuck with only enough internet to type and read things i figure this is a good place to do stuff. Inside is just my method for lucid dreaming, the one time i predicted something with 100% accuracy and a few strange dreams. hopefully it's more entertaining then when i tell them in person.

I had these dreams quite a few years ago, i can only really remember specific scenes in sequence and not the entire thing but i always made a point to remember everything i could since those strange places are just so mesmerizing to me. I do have quite a few spiritual/scientific/fringe ideas about dreams and their ability to predict things or share non standard information (the collective, Non linear time, multiverse ect...) but really i just want to know if anyone has had similar dreams and maybe can express things that will help me better understand mine.

First series of dreams happened after a 29hr work binge, the dream seemed to last an incredible amount of time even though i couldn't recognize the time as days. Things just kept happening the first scene i can remember was walking across a very shallow sea towards golden gate bridge. The water only came to the flat of my foot and barely my ankles. there were no cities, just clear water and the endless GG bridge look alike. When i reached under it i could feel it's oppressive size above me and it made me not want to look up. so i kept my vision forward and found 3 couches positioned in a circle in the water. There was a guy laying on one. Not anyone i know but at the time he was a long known friend. He waved me over and said "Hey lets get some sleep dude we have to-" everything after that is unintelligible. made sense then but i cant remember now. So i grabbed a blanket and layed down on one and tried to sleep in my dream.

I remember a loud piercing ringing when my eyes closed in the dream, and a kind of headache like wobbling in my mind. tends to happen if i get sleep paralysis but its not a painful feeling just really jarring. as it got louder I felt more sluggish and drowsy and eventually i heard old timey school bells before what i think was a short rousing and a period of unconsciousness.

When i next "awoke" i was walking down the hallway of what I now call "The endless comfy house" it had a warm and moody aesthetic. with a strange blend of Victorian era décor and 80s American culture with a tons of stuffed dolls/nick knacks and toys lining every wall and crowding every piece of furniture all with very lacy aesthetics. the house seemed to be made of all the things i find aesthetically pleasing about architecture and homes. The hallway lead to a main room that connected to a heavily carpeted staircase that logically should only lead to a second floor with how close in the walls and ceiling were. But instead would lead into More hallways almost missed staircases that went up or down into random basements or attics, corners that looked like dead ends would have a small crack or almost missed shadow that led to more areas of the house. The house was not empty of life either, there were a few people in in the rooms that I'd seen. There was one girl sleeping in a room I found hidden inside a very slim pantry door, a few teenagers around a TV in another, and a very tall woman who's steps were so loud I could hear her walking no matter where I went. I really regarded these people as family. And the emotions I felt for them were greater then i'v felt for any of my own family members that I can remember. The emotional depth I felt as I ran into these people and instantly recognized them was one of the best parts. Almost intoxicating.

Nothing really special about that one but when leaving that dream, the transition began when I started walking down an impossibly long hallway that kept getting smaller and smaller. Like Alice in wonderland where the doors would get really small with each one opened. But my perception would shrink as well. The walls lost that really comfy feeling and there was no longer any décor on the walls, the light was also getting really bright instead of a nice amber glow. I knew I wouldn't be able to come back if kept going forward, and till this day i felt like I'd lost something precious. but this desire to explore was agonizingly urgent and i followed it. Felt like I was leaving behind the best home ever. Ended up waking up to my room with my phone light blinking in my eyes about 6 hours after id first went to sleep.

Took a quick trip to the loo and went back to sleep since I was off work and nothing was going to stop me. since then I've read about WILDS and sleeping after a few hours to induce lucid dreaming because that's exactly what happened.

i was almost immediately sucked into the dream world. I say almost because what happened next formed the basis for how I lucid dream today. I ended up thinking so intently on the dreams I had previously that I suppose my mind hadn't fallen asleep with the rest of my body. The feeling of my body falling asleep while I was conscious was really scary, like feeling yourself suddenly start dying. my entire body was going numb and half of my brain was turning off while a sort of white noise filled up the entirety of my mind.

I was too tired to fight it though, I knew what I was experiencing but had only awakened to it, never had it immediately happen when trying to sleep. It was kinda like watching a TV in your head, only to have the TV shoot forward at an exponentially increasing pace until you are inside it doing things with a ridiculously uncanny realism.

I found myself in a jungle populated by thousands of snakes, Not just any snakes mind you. These things were huge, small, large, tall, hanging from trees in thicker numbers then any vines. Some were as big as tree trunks and others were literally the trees themselves, branching into other snakes. The skin shifted and changed like I was looking at photos while on shrooms or acid. It was #ing terrifying and even though I knew it was a dream and that I had just gotten there, I couldn't fully commit to believing they couldn't kill me. I couldn't even retain perfect lucidity. I kept forgetting who I was every other second.

I just started walking the only path through the snake forest that was available. And these snakes were literally drooling into the path like they were made of jelly bodies going from liquid to solid to something in between and neither. They never really attacked though. even when I stepped on one it just vibrated really hard through my feet and slithered off. like a game of operation. Some of em were actually kinda cute. but I digress.

I made it to the other side, still somewhat lucid although all sorts of mental scenarios about my own existence and where i was and why, were all being regarded as equally true as my own "Objective" version of reality. What I found was a large Incan/Aztec/myan look alike series of temples and random structures. The archetype of a jungle temple. Complete with wide stone courtyards, distant waterfalls and maze like stone structures that led into god knows where.

(Cont) this is getting pretty long...

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Omniview

Nothing I can really remember about the temple complex. It was unique and exploring it was equal parts scary and thrilling. Eventually I became aware that there was another forest behind it, one that was found through the big waterfall that acted as a backdrop, so I started walking through the temples and random bits of architecture. When I finally reached it the thing was gigantic in scale, Kilometers wide and just as tall. The water was crystal clear and ethereal in nature.

Swimming somehow through the waterfall were the shadows of massive sea beasts that looked like elongated wales and manta rays put together. It was awe inspiring. I was afraid of them but I just kept walking into the waterfall. I wanted to see what would happen.

When the feeling of being drowned by a billion gallons of water passed I was no longer anywhere remotely close to where I was. Now I was in a dark dead forest. One with tall dead trees that were bone white. There were no stars in the sky. but the place was lit by an ever present moonlight despite there being no moon to see.

So I walked and walked through dead ashes. trying to reach somewhere, or literally anywhere. Looking back I realized I never tried to return to where I was. Or even looked over my shoulder. but I walked.

Eventually I saw where somehow there was a more green forest, one with sunlight. It was a world of it's own that contrasted with the one I was in perfectly. the shadows of the dead forest and the sunlight of the green one did not mix and had a clearly defined border.

I don't know what any of this means to this day, but maybe there is some esoteric principle at play or maybe not. Regardless, the green forest somehow more silent then the dead ash. And as I walked to it the ash gave away to dirt. And several paths were revealing themselves to me. As I got closer to the path entrances I kept getting this feeling that I wasn't supposed to be here.

One of the half lucid delusions I was under was suggesting to me that somehow, I was in a video game. Not any game, but one that can only be played inside the brain. Given to me by Game designers who were more like gods then men. And this place I was going to was like a glitched area in the game where things aren't complete and the player isn't supposed to go. But I wasn't the only one who had found it. Still somehow lucid, but this is more like 1/4 lucid. I remember who I was but it wasn't as convincing anymore.

Sign posts hung loosely from trees on either side of each of the side roads that branched from the main trail. each had a number that represented the amount of players who had reached this little glitch and a list of names. Beside the list was a counter that tracked the time the game had been on it was well into the billions of years if the number of zeros mean anything. Erected by the first few who had made it there. one side path led to a little circle of grass where only these really nice looking flowers grew where a particularly bright beam of sunlight shined down on them. Another contained the a series of opened pickle jars of different sizes. Another had a dog and a wolf that were eating the # out of each other but never dying.

I kept walking passed all of these things and they each had really specific meaning to me. Until around the next bend of the main trail I saw the path led and ended at a cul-de-sac with three relatively large houses. Seeing people after all this exploration was definitely something I wanted to do as I finally remembered that this was a dream. And communicating to dream characters is my favorite thing to do.

When I reached those houses, I didn't see any signs that told me that others had been here. so I felt kind of special, like this was something I got to discover to add to the others.

The houses had dark windows, like nobody was home. and there a truck parked in front of the very middle one. I walked to the truck and poked around, seeing what was inside. Before I heard the house door open and shut. I looked over and an older version of me was standing there, smoking a cigarette. Visually this person would change from being an amalgamation of me from different ages to my brother or even father. but I knew it was me.

he walked over and I was overwhelmed by awe, like I finally had answers to questions i didn't even ask. I tried to talk to him, ask him things. But the other version of me had this half smirking expression that was filled with obvious pity, like he knew I couldn't even ask the right questions even if had to ability to properly speak.

I asked something like (Are you a pneumonic impression?) somehow trying to translate the idea that he was either one of the programmers of the "game" scenario encoded into the game itself, or that he was a part of my psyche trying to communicate to me through the dream and about a dozen other things. he just laughed as I completely failed to understand what was happening. and then I laughed. He walked over to me, and offered to share his cigarette. after some fumbling around with dream physics I managed to take it and try to get a drag. But it turned into an old Play station original memory card from when I was a kid the second I put my lips on it. After that the dream goes out of my control and i fall into a number of other scenarios that I've completely forgotten before awakening.

Well, just wanted to share those. here's a breakdown of my lucid dreaming method that I've been using since then. It's difficult to explain in words but hopefully this triggers things in those who have had some experience lucid dreaming and maybe it becomes good advice, who know.

If your have the time to stay up until your sufficiently drowsy enough to fall asleep but not to pass out immediately this is for you.

1. Reach a point of tiredness that minor distractions cant keep you awake if you focused on sleeping.

2. lay on you're back, with your head slightly elevated by a pillow, this alleviates apnea a little and reduces anxiety due to fears of shallow breathing.

3. begin meditation, if your aren't familiar with meditating, it's not hard at all. Just be aware of your breathing and use it as a focus point for your mind. you will get distracted, but this is desirable. the meditation wil relax your body and take your mind out of flight or fight mode. the goal is to release your hold on your body but not your mind

4. Notice how your minds attempts to branch into tangent thoughts as you breath. These mini daydreams will happen suddenly and becoming aware of them may literally erase a few moments from your memory as they fade into nothingness the second you realized you've lost focus. This stage is important, and you may want to stay here until you can discern your normal bubbling thoughts from the near illusionary state of these waking day dreams.

5.Ride a day dream into a real dream. These day dreams happen just before the hypnogogic hallucinations begin. Where you body starts to feel floaty and you feel movement where there is none. With just the right amount of concentration, (about a tea spoon) and a relaxed body you can stay aware and latch onto these daydreams right into a real one. like hopping into a boat from the shore.

6. Sleep paralysis, this state is the most desirable for lucid dreaming.

More in (Cont)...

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
(cont) Sleep paralysis is very use full to me. it bypasses the need to relax the body as the body is already passed the point of no return. sleep paralysis is really a 50/50 but for me it can happen almost every night as i'v become aware of the mental switch that needs to be triggered. Kinda like sleeping for fun or sleeping for rest as a choice. once at this point you only need to go back to sleep. Things that happen at this point might be scary but i can describe some of my experiences and maybe convince you that these are normal and not something to be afraid of.

Literal hallucinations- moving walls, unnatural darkness, noises, voices, ringing in ears, people calling my name, the feeling of falling, bells, globs of light in the eyes (globs is not misspelled, maybe splotches?) and things of this nature generally happen. But if you can get passed all of this and relax you will immediately enter a dream with almost no delay with complete lucidity.

now strap in ladies this is gonna be a long ass story as i have a habit of over explaining details when i write anything. just know this is the massively abridged version. hopefully this story helps ya if your caught like i was. A prediction that came true almost in it's entirety, and about a subject i had absolutely no way of knowing would occur.

5 years ago i had a dream that really stuck with me, I was near the end of my dream cycle, and i found my self exploring the dream i had just had, back tracking through it's familiar scenery. i was traveling with two people. One is a friend named john who i'v known for about 6 years now. Another is the sister of one of my best friends her name charlie. While exploring this dream scenery together we eventually came to a beach head, overlooking a vast ocean. This was the beginning of a previous dream cycle although details changed the feelings they invoked were still there although dulled. For some reason, i knew we had to escape this place, and find the exit. It was vitally important that i do so and that i showed them the way.

My friend john pointed out a distant cave marked EXIT. Like with a neon sign and everything. And ran towards it. i moved to follow him, but i stopped when i realized charlie wasn't coming along. I tried to convince her to come with me. time was running out and we had to leave. But she ran towards the ocean instead and flagged me down.

I ran to her, kinda panicking about whatever ominous crap was about to go down. she just stared at me unflinchingly. And then i glanced over the water.

A gigantic wall of gold was coming for us. But it wasn't a wall of gold, it was a static painting, one depicting sparkling gold architecture of gothic orgin. Great archs and massive spires like the city of heaven as described by some overzealous baptist minister. It scared the # out of me. It took up all the space of the horizon all the way into the sky.

i looked back at charlie and she had this dissapointed face. Like i'd done something wrong, and then she told me.

You #ed it up.

im literally screaming at her what she means but the light of the golden city is moving a mile a minute and the pressure feels like it's crushing my body. i look back at where the EXIT sign is and the cave is collapsed. i look back to charlie and hug her for dear life and tell her im sorry were all going to die i dont know what i did. She never responded and the light consumes me.

ever since that dream ended i had been searching for meaning in it in my daily life, but is was so general it could have been about any calamity involving myself or those two.

a week after that dream ended john dissapeared for a long time. but things like that happen, people have lives to live and as long as they live i know ill see them again. 4 whole years go by and i'v never forgotten the dream. in my attempts to avoid familial calamity i really got my act together, and secure my future. I was sure there was great tragedy ahead of me that i couldn't see and it was going to be masked by the promise of a city of gold, paradise. I started neglecting my own emotions in favor a pragmatic dogma. this dream didn't create this path, my history did, but this dream brought all of this into a sort of hidden spiral where i wore a mask that i felt protected me from everything. All situations could be turned in my favor if i just said the right things and avoided the wrong things and i took this to the extreme. i got a good career and it served me well, social interaction was easy and i made enemies of no one. i moved up slowly but faster then others and i felt safe behind that mask. But i didn't feel like myself.

Then i fell in love with charlie, or more importantly charlie fell in love with me, completely out of the blue. I hadn't talked to her since my best friend left for the navy. years prior. in my mind she had been demoted to a facet of a dream. she was in a bad place, suffering from mental conditions and a abusive boyfriend. I talked to her for hours at night. trying to convince her that the crap basket of a sociopath she was with was a terrible decision and that she needed help or something. It took a while before he did something unforgivable. but eventually she left him.

long story short a single visit later and we were a thing. I dont even remember what was said or how it happened. because as i quickly found out after our first night together. I didn't feel any of what she was putting out. she was desperate. i was a trusted friend, i was so used to saying all the right things and navigating others emotional waters that i forgot to turn that # off. Then i realized i hadn't turned it off in years. Then i realized i dont remember what or who i was before i started doing that. and then the self fulfilling prophecy began it's ending phase.

in no time at all she wanted me to move in with her completely, dedicated our lives to each other. She was throwing all of her emotional weight onto me and i saw that and knew that if i left it would destroy her. She would live but she was also a friend and like absolute family to me. So i put the mask on and decided that if i couldn't really love her the way she does me then ill just fake it until i do.

obviously that didn't work out. women are always more attuned to these sort of things. Plus i had a demanding job and my absences were getting longer and longer and my love was called into doubt too many times to count. My near emotionless assessment of her problems and attempts to fix them were disassembled. This continued for less then 4 months. Her mental problems were getting worse and i was spending money to send her to doctors and therapists that had a long list of disorders. These became so bad that suicide was on the table in her mind and she was asking me to help her do if she couldn't make the hallucinations and emotional turmoil stop.

Then John returned, in hindsight i should have seen what was coming sooner. I was in over my head and the guilt of what i was failing at doing was getting to me and my job. Somehow everything in life had fallen into a despair. no amount of physical gratification was worth what was going through my mind and hers and there was no answer that i could see.

So i called up john. Let him into the situation, hes one of my most trusted friends and a friend of charlie as well. he had to have some advice for me. He tells me that im actually in love with charlie but i've been blocking my emotions like a sociopath

(Cont)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
So thats how i respond to the situation. But now i roped john into as well, because hes going for a medical degree and spends all his time talking about peoples brains. And i figure i need to fix myself to make this better and therapists dont know me well enough to help, in my ego filled mind. only john could.

So I take a sledge hammer to the walls of my mind. Really try to open up more. Clawing away at all my responses and demanding they be sincere. if what i was doing was wrong i was going to do the opposite.

And by god it was working, at least on my end. i was truly becoming more vulnerable and trusting of charlie, and after more encouragement from john i found i was becoming a warmer person for it. i felt she was responding better to me and that things were getting better for us. There were possibilities now where this could work out and we could be normal.

Little did i know that the door to that road had closed a long time ago. During a week long trip, i was planning all sorts of things to do with charlie, i wanted to get away from all that stuff back there and just go away with her for a while. that clearly didn't happen. I came back to John and charlie utterly enamored with each other. beyond the limits of any decency. They hadn't showered once the entire week, hadn't even left her room save to (sometimes) go to the bathroom (there were piss bottles in her room)

This wasn't just physical infatuation but complete madness i literally couldn't understand what was happening. not the affair, no that was easy to comprehend but my response inside was beyond me. a part of me knew that somehow this was a relief, i didn't have to worry about doing any of this anymore. Another felt an unbearable range of fresh emotions that was completely destroying that other part of me. The resulting series of disastrous arguments left john and her as null in my life forever. An outcome that was just as bad as the problem, a true tragedy on all fronts.

never saw it coming. The whole time. Even though reality was somehow lining up with a self fulfilling prophecy started by a dream i was too dense. Although, since then i'v retracted my old ideas, i'v let myself be more vulnerable emotionally even at work. the change is noticeable. conversations flow better, and i'v made new friends and trusted allies. But that dream has always stuck with me. And the fact that even if it wasn't a prediction of the future, that a series of events could align themselves that way.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
So thats how i respond to the situation. But now i roped john into as well, because hes going for a medical degree and spends all his time talking about peoples brains. And i figure i need to fix myself to make this better and therapists dont know me well enough to help, in my ego filled mind. only john could.

So I take a sledge hammer to the walls of my mind. Really try to open up more. Clawing away at all my responses and demanding they be sincere. if what i was doing was wrong i was going to do the opposite.

And by god it was working, at least on my end. i was truly becoming more vulnerable and trusting of charlie, and after more encouragement from john i found i was becoming a warmer person for it. i felt she was responding better to me and that things were getting better for us. There were possibilities now where this could work out and we could be normal.

Little did i know that the door to that road had closed a long time ago. During a week long trip, i was planning all sorts of things to do with charlie, i wanted to get away from all that stuff back there and just go away with her for a while. that clearly didn't happen. I came back to John and charlie utterly enamored with each other. beyond the limits of any decency. They hadn't showered once the entire week, hadn't even left her room save to (sometimes) go to the bathroom (there were piss bottles in her room)

This wasn't just physical infatuation but complete madness i literally couldn't understand what was happening. not the affair, no that was easy to comprehend but my response inside was beyond me. a part of me knew that somehow this was a relief, i didn't have to worry about doing any of this anymore. Another felt an unbearable range of fresh emotions that was completely destroying that other part of me. The resulting series of disastrous arguments left john and her as null in my life forever. An outcome that was just as bad as the problem, a true tragedy on all fronts.

never saw it coming. The whole time. Even though reality was somehow lining up with a self fulfilling prophecy started by a dream i was too dense. Although, since then i'v retracted my old ideas, i'v let myself be more vulnerable emotionally even at work. the change is noticeable. conversations flow better, and i'v made new friends and trusted allies. But that dream has always stuck with me. And the fact that even if it wasn't a prediction of the future, that a series of events could align themselves that way.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Stop eating cheese before you go to bed please.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

Hah, maybe. Just maybe.

new topics

top topics

join