It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How To Signal your Moderate Bona Fides

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

Thank god. Sorry man, I am really dense and slow.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

So if we have too much freedom, it will be necessary to invite tyranny into our lives for some imagined ideal of balance?

What do you think the battle between left vs right is actually about? Not at the political level but at the citizens level of reality.

I would argue we’re still coming to terms with our left right paradigm. The French and American revolutions seem so long ago, but the struggle between the two sides (Between Burke and Paine for instance) has led us towards progress instead of away from it.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung
The criminal right wing terrorists who support Russian communists and arabs rapists of your women are now mailing bombs to Americans, and you support this?

I know right?

I have thought about this for some time.

The one's who received the fake bombs seem to be the one's calling for a divisive America, like what BAMN does.

I wonder if they understand what BAMN means, and are they still certain they believe in BAMN.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip

Is this satire?

I am looking at all of the passionate violence for just causes throughout just the last 200 years, yet here we are ... again. What did all of that violence accomplish? We are still ruled by the few, the powerful.

It isn't bad to be passionate for a worthwhile cause, but what is presented to us by our wonderful main stream media isn't worthwhile. Is is pure PC/SJW bull#. If you are getting emotional or even remotely buying into what they are selling, they have won.

They win with every eyeball glued to the boobtube. They win with every regurgitation of their twisted message. What we need to do is simply ignore them. Stop playing by their script. Start focusing our attention on the true roadblocks of freedom. The roadblocks the MSM will never cover, will never come close to even mentioning.

I see us as the winners when we are able to finally ignore their perverted message. If we allow them to move us to violence, we are so screwed.

It is satire, yes.

The point is we shouldn’t fear division. We should embrace it. If there was no division there would be no politics.

I'm divided from the two parties. Why don't you embrace it?

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnrkE
a reply to: JasonBillung

I assume you require cryptic or some how poetic answers? one at a time and one window at a time? sounds like futility. at the risk of acting like a moderate, I would say it's kinda like watching an immovable object, getting hit by an unstoppable force. sounds like a frustrating endeavour. happy now? savvy there bud?

Not that I agree, but it seems like you are completely correct. So, I completely agree with you. You are correct, with what is above. And you seem like a normal person who i might let in my housr, if you had a small bag of food, or a slightly larger bag of rabbits. See where I am going yet?

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

The criminal right wing terrorists who support Russian communists and arabs rapists of your women are now mailing bombs to Americans, and you support this?

I know right?

The one's who received the fake bombs seem to be the one's calling for a divisive America, like what BAMN does.

I wonder if they understand what BAMN means, and are they still certain they believe in BAMN.

You do know that this is the most sarcastic comment that I could assemble our of my tiny brain, don't you? Did I really have to say /sarc?

Oh, your are / Sarcasm God. Marry me!

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein

I know right?

You do know that this is the most sarcastic comment that I could assemble out of my tiny brain, don't you? Did I really have to say /sarc?

edit on 25-10-2018 by JasonBillung because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Thank god. Sorry man, I am really dense and slow.

Are you one of those really heavy metals? Want to party?

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Best comment in this entire thread. Please, everyone star it.
edit on 25-10-2018 by JasonBillung because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   

''Not that I agree, but it seems like you are completely correct. So, I completely agree with you. You are correct, with what is above. And you seem like a normal person who i might let in my housr, if you had a small bag of food, or a slightly larger bag of rabbits. See where I am going yet? ''

well I'm very flattered. how about this? My theory of what happens when an unstoppable Force hits and immovable object?
well, it's destruction for the unstoppable force, as in cut in half, disintegration, or explosion. the immovable object remains. So...it is better for the unstoppable Force to not engage the immovable object. Hence rendering the immovable object static, stuck were it is, and therefore not a threat and going nowhere. rendering it obsolete and no longer player on the field. something to simply go around. AND here's the best part..and I do apologise....but based on most of your post's, you sir are the immovable object. thanks for the invite though.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Is this satire?

I am looking at all of the passionate violence for just causes throughout just the last 200 years, yet here we are ... again. What did all of that violence accomplish? We are still ruled by the few, the powerful.

It isn't bad to be passionate for a worthwhile cause, but what is presented to us by our wonderful main stream media isn't worthwhile. Is is pure PC/SJW bull#. If you are getting emotional or even remotely buying into what they are selling, they have won.

They win with every eyeball glued to the boobtube. They win with every regurgitation of their twisted message. What we need to do is simply ignore them. Stop playing by their script. Start focusing our attention on the true roadblocks of freedom. The roadblocks the MSM will never cover, will never come close to even mentioning.

I see us as the winners when we are able to finally ignore their perverted message. If we allow them to move us to violence, we are so screwed.

It is satire, yes.

The point is we shouldn’t fear division. We should embrace it. If there was no division there would be no politics.

I fully embrace your choices and defend to the death your right to have them. I just think some of them are wrong.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Is this satire?

It is satire, yes.

I fully embrace your choices and defend to the death your right to have them. I just think some of them are wrong.

:

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

How about not being terrorist by mailing bombs

Dude...really?

You are a one trick pony

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I assume you require cryptic or some how poetic answers? one at a time and one window at a time? sounds like futility. at the risk of acting like a moderate, I would say it's kinda like watching an immovable object, getting hit by an unstoppable force. sounds like a frustrating endeavour. happy now? savvy there bud?

Not that I agree, but it seems like you are completely correct. So, I completely agree with you. You are correct, with what is above. And you seem like a normal person who i might let in my housr, if you had a small bag of food, or a slightly larger bag of rabbits. See where I am going yet?

Furthermore, all you do is repeat DNC talking points.
Can we help you learn to think for yourself...using logic, or are you a lost cause?

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: theatreboy

dude check out my last post to him. his comment I only put in quotes. classic. 5 post's up I think
edit on 25-10-2018 by AnrkE because: cuz

edit on 25-10-2018 by AnrkE because: cuz

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   

You do know that this is the most sarcastic comment that I could assemble our of my tiny brain, don't you? Did I really have to say /sarc?

Yes you should. Always say sarc, because if you don't someone may view you post as if you truely are saying what you mean.

Sarcasm is one of the greatest weapons, when you know how to properly wield said weapon.

Bow down before my greatness and find wisdom in my words.

My wife would never allow it.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 09:39 PM
link   

I just happen to believe that you don't have to be a Democrat or a Republican to be concerned about what happens politically. I agree with certain policies of both parties and disagree with others of both parties. I don't think either party is particularly evil, but I do believe there are a lot of extremist asshats on the fringes of both parties and those extremists are the people the media keep parading in front of our collective noses day in and day out. The media seems particularly interested in keeping them there for ratings sakes (Lord knows it's like seeing a major crash on the Interstate and we can't stop rubber necking) and many people are starting to believe that there are other ulterior motives as well such as causing such a civil ruckus and fighting among the populace to cover sneaky, underhanded government dealings- and I am one who believes that could be true.

Debate and argument are good things in politics, but when it keeps heating up at the rate it has been going you get extremists who are already mentally on the edge who snap and do crazy, even violent things- like sending makeshift bombs, etc. Sooner or later some extremist whackadoodle is going to end up hurting or killing a whole lot of innocent people and in normal times it would cause people to take pause and think about whether we as a people want intelligent debate and compromise or if we want civil war. I don't think it's condescending to choose open minded debate and meeting in the middle over civil war, especially since the issues today are nowhere near as critical as those which brought civil war in the past.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Everyone has the wrong perception about politics. They see someone who disagrees with them as the opposition. When in reality we are all teammates, no one is on the "other team". And that is why the ball is not moving down the field.

What is happening now politically in this country, and the world for that matter, is like that broken play in football when the running back lines up to receive the handoff from the quarterback on his left side, but the quarterback instead turns to his right. When that happens more often than not that big ugly 350lb monster on the defensive line is going to drive both of them into the dirt for a loss on the play.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Why did you leave so soon? I was hoping we could incite a civil war together..shame.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join