It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I know what's in there

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Hello fellow member of ATS,

I'm going to make this post rather short but let me tell you I'm pretty pissed off about something that just happened to me.

So I just went to the post office to get my mail and happened to notice a package I ordered came in. This particular package contains something which until recently, was illegal in my country of residence.

So as I go to grab my package, the mail clerk says to me you have to sign, so I do. Then they proceed to tell me that what I just did, accepting the package is illegal.

I said excuse me ?! And then they said well I know what's in there, so I said excuse me ?!?! And i replied well how would you know ?

I can tell from the smell they said, to which I grinned because the package does not smell like anything. The contents of the package are in fact in a concentrated form and sealed in a vacuumed tube which does not smell.

So ok fine, I said is there anything else you can tell me ? So apparently the packaging is not legal and if another package comes in, they won't give it to me because of that.

I was picking up the package for my spouse and I said ok well I will be sure to let them know and let the supplier know as well.

I gave the package to my spouse, told them what happened and they walked over, asked for the number of the clerks manager. We have the number and are planning to take this as far as it needs to go to get something done.

You have no right in your position to discriminate against anyone, you have no right to ask that I do something "illegal" and you have no right to be snooping my f-ing packages!

What do you think about this ?
edit on 25-10-2018 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Well if your Canadian, and what we are talking about is cronic then your good to go bud. The clerk is an
Idiot, it’s not his job to determine the contents of packages nor is it his duty to accuse a customers of any wrong doing.
He has no way of knowing what the contents are without illegally opening the package.

Could be your medicine could be your recreation at this point it dosent matter.

Just like that religious pharmacist who thought he knew better then a doctor because he believe in god. They both need some retraining.

a reply to: threeeyesopen

edit on 25-10-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:21 PM
link   
weird

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

I am indeed Canadian and I bet you can expect this type of stuff to happen to other people too. Luckily I'm not an elderly person nor am I in the vulnerable sector. Luckily I'm not intimidated by those kinds of tactics but some people would be.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:31 PM
link   

I’m not sure about your laws up there but the mail service may have its own rules about what can and can’t be sent.

Or they may just be giving you a hard time because they can. Definitely worth looking into and calling some people.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I'll be calling tomorrow when I have access to a landline. I want to make sure my phone doesnt cut out because I've got some important things to say.

If I wasn't just some guy and I was someone political, this kind of behaviour would of exploded in this persons face by now.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

The law states that it must be sent from a dispensary that is licensed, and that it cannot smell. I know the packaging is correct because for one thing I have ordered it from this company before and it got delivered in the same packaging.

The very same clerk did not say anything when I went to collect that package. It was only a problem this time, coming from the same, licensed, dispensary.

Also the last time I ordered, it would have likely smelled much more than this concentrate which does not emit any odors unless heated.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

They do have procedures THEY follow for THEM...and dogs and detections and known comp's addresses.

But to hassle you or anyone else is wrong. I could see you not being given it for some stupid reason...but to hassle you is really wrong.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
If a Federal employee tells you to sign for a package and then gives it to you and then says it's illegal, why isn't it the Federal employees fault for giving you something illegal?a reply to: threeeyesopen

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: rjbaggins

Precisely, that's what I'm going to be discussing tomorrow over the phone, at least that's my hope. In my opinion it certainly isnt right to ask someone to do something that in your mind is illegal.

I now know that it was not illegal and will be bringing that up like I said.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I thought being hassled was rather inappropriate myself, though I made sure to handle it appropriately. A younger me likely wouldn't have been so respectful about being disrespected.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Not Canadian here, but it sounds a bit muddled. Before I would acknowledge this to any authority or bring any more attention to myself, I would speak with an attorney who specializes in drug enforcement. It's the devil in the details that will get you in trouble.
edit on 25-10-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Let calmness prevail...follow thru all channels until you get a satisfactory result.

I'm like you...younger versions of us would both have been in a cell together!

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Justso

I hear you, I happened to have studied law for a couple of years and I stay up to date on current stuff that passes. At the time it happened I wasn't entirely sure about challenging it because I wanted to have proof that I'm not in the wrong on this.

I've found the proof in the law and will be using that as my backup.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Oh I've been there, learned my lessons the hard way. That being said, we never said we didn't have any fun right ?

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Was it from a retailer, in your own province, that was licensed to sell as of the 17th?

Because now, apparently, there’s legal stuff and illegal stuff. And if we’re driving anywhere with it, I’ve heard it needs to be in the proper legal original packaging, still sealed, and in the trunk...

A couple of years from now, I’m almost expecting “smart” smoke, they’ll just scan it at traffic stops to know where it was from, when it was from.......

If it’s all completely legal, the post office has no right to hassle you, at all.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

From my understanding, and the law on this is extremely open ended from province to province, that you can purchase online from any retailer that is licensed.

There is nothing that specifically states that you must purchase from a retailer in your own province, not online that is either. That being said, like you pointed out you cannot purchase it in another province and thusly transport it without scrutiny. There are a number of laws on the books about this, but I have yet to see any restriction on online purchases being out of province. The only restriction in my province is on edibles, of which it was not.

In fact looking on the government website it says that each province will regulate its own supplies and sell them through their own dispensaries that are again licensed by each province. Once again we are talking about retail locations and not online retailers. Regardless all it says is that each province is responsible for licensing the dispensaries, that's it. There is next to nothing on the books about purchasing online like I said yet the government wants you to know the law yourself.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Let it go. If you are hassled the next order, maybe confront them, maybe. If there is no followup on their part, forget it.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   

It’s just a huge mess, how they’ve rolled this out. In Alberta, none of the retail stores are allowed to deliver, or sell online. All online sales are through the government website, for Alberta addresses only.
Many grey areas about everything still, no one knows anything for sure.....it’s a good time to be a lawyer

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I’m not sure what province you’re in but as snowspirit has said, in Alberta there is only one website you can legally purchase from and that is the government website. No other method of delivery from any other website or dispensary for that matter is legal. Your purchases prior to 10/17 regardless of wether the were legal or not, if you live in Alberta, are now in fact illegal. Your province may be the same.

That being said, the postman should mind his own business as far as I’m concerned.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join