It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don't be cheap on Halloween, give full sized candy!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I am giving out NRA and Infowars stickers with the candy this year. Yes.... full size candybars and some KING SIZE mixed in.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
After I became diabetic I decided to give out something besides candy but I wanted it to be fun.

Last year I gave out books which the kids loved and after over 100 books I had to close my door.

This year I am giving books, stuffed animals and beaded necklaces. I love the look of surprise and happiness on their faces. I know they are happy because they run to their parents screaming about what they got.

Additionaly, I have found this deters the older kids who just want gobs of candy.

Halloween is just about my favorite holiday.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Nyiah

I'm saying all this tongue in cheek. Of course people have to do what's best for them.

I love the mittens lady, that is freaking awesome. I would totally visit her house!
I know people stopped doing popcorn and apples when all those razor blade and poison scares came on the news.
After that it seemed only wrapped goods. I think it is ok to get homemade stuff if you know your neighbors personally.

I love the mittens lady, too! I told her if she ever wanted to make some extra money on the side, I'd buy an adult sized set from her. She just laughed and said she'd consider it, but the hobby was generally just for the kids

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
I love the mittens lady, too! I told her if she ever wanted to make some extra money on the side, I'd buy an adult sized set from her.

I'd buy a merkin if she could knit one.

edit on 25-10-2018 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'd but a merkin if she could knit one.

For those that don't know what a merkin is, don't google it while drinking soda like I did.

gross!

edit on 25-10-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I'm giving those out this Halloween.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: schuyler

It's not candy that is making kids obese. I think back to the 1970's and 80's. We ate much much more candy than any kids do today. I remember all my friends hitting up the 7'11 every single day before school and after school, eating king sized snickers and whatchamacallits. We were all skinny as rails. We also drank kool aid with what seemed like a full cup of sugar. Real sugar in sweet tea. School lunches with those little barrel shaped sugar flavored "juices". I vividly remember that only one child in my school was considered fat. You can blame our obesity crisis on a lot of things, but it isn't Halloween candy!

Really? How about diabetes? I think you're in denial. Ask any health professional what sugar does to your system and your health.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Really? How about diabetes? I think you're in denial. Ask any health professional what sugar does to your system and your health.

This is a myth, if anything carbs cause diabetes. It's just like when people thought if you eat fat, you will be fat, not true. Fat helps you stay slim, it is fat with carbs that makes you fat. Just like my sugar story, remember when grandma and grandpa ate bacon, full fat milk, butter, fried chicken all the time, they were all slim and fit.

Don't take my word for it, here it is from diabetes.org:
www.diabetes.org...
Type 2 diabetes is not caused by sugar, but by genetics and lifestyle factors

"Does eating too much sugar cause diabetes?
No. Type 1 diabetes happens when cells in the pancreas that make insulin are destroyed. This happens because something goes wrong with the body's immune system. It has nothing to do with how much sugar a person eats."
kidshealth.org...
edit on 25-10-2018 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: lakenheath24

Wow, did you read some of the reviews on those Haribo SUGAR FREE Classic Gummi Bears?

These are great!!!

My flight was leaving at 8 in the morning. After awaking and trying to get to the airport, I forgot to grab something to eat. I usually take my time and do things in order, but not this day. I was traveling from Boston to LA coming home from a work trip. I do it regularly so nothing was new to me. I stayed in the same hotel and knew the time I needed to leave to get to the airport on time. During my work trip, I stopped at a convenience store and saw these gummy bears and thought they would be a perfect gift for my son Charlie. He loves gummy bears and gummy worms. So the morning I was to head back to LA, I slept through my alarm. That never happens. I rushed to get out of the hotel and threw those gummies in my carry on bag to make it on time to the airport. After speeding and filling up gas in the rental, I made it to my gate as they were boarding.

I get on the plane and head down the aisle to find my window seat near the middle of the plane. I asked politely for the two adorable older ladies siting in the middle and aisle seats if I could pass by to my seat. They obliged. The lady in the middle must have been around 80 years old so it took her some time to get up and make sure she was holding on to something so she didn't fall as she stepped into the aisle. I thanked them as I sat and settled into my seat.

Fast forward 20 minutes as we reach our cruising altitude of around 30,000 feet in the air. As I reach into my carry on bag to grab my headphones, I see the gummy bears. Since I am hungry and need something, I decided to open them up and just have a few to hold me over until we land. I wanted to save some for my son so I maybe had 4 or 5. But I had 4 or 5 too many because once the bears had a few minutes to adjust to their new home, they began to work.

It started out with a little cramp. Which is normal with gassing on a plane. You do not want to fart on a plane so you hold it in. It is airplane etiquette. It would come and go over a few minutes so I thought nothing of it. Then it got worse. The cramps intensified, the sweating started, and I began to notice the older ladies looking over at me. About 30 minutes into eating these bears, my thinking went from, "Oh these are just farts, I can hold them," to "Oh dear God not here." I have been a Christian my whole life and this is the test. If there is a God, please help me leave this plane with my dignity intact.

After waiting for the intense cramp wave to pass, I stood up and jump over those two women. I could not wait for them to stand so I stood up, (my back facing them) and tried to shimmy pass them. I think a toot came out cause I heard one say, "Oh Lord, was that you?" After reaching the aisle, I waddled to the back of the plane where the least amount of risk would be. To my dismay, it was in use. That left one bathroom left in the front. I looked down the aisle and saw my Mt. Everest. I had to somehow keeps my wet cheeks tighter than Fort Knox whilst waddling forward, whilst praying no one gets out of their seats.

After 5 minutes of stop and go, I made it to the bathroom and was pulling my pants down as I entered the bathroom. The door was still unlocked as the sweet release was underway. I thought I died. I thought this was it. Even though I was on the throne confessing my sins, I thought my time was called. I lost count on how many knocks at the door there was. I must have been in there for 45 minutes, but I made it.

I washed my hands, and threw water in my face to calm me down. Opening the door, I saw the faces looking back at me. Apparently the seal to the bathroom was not air tight. Letting just the slightest airflow from that bathroom to the main cabin possible. These were daughters, mothers, and children looking at me. I could feel their questions and comments. "What have you done?" "We still have 2 hours left." "Please divert this plane."

As I began walking down, the man in the first row of first class grabbed my arm. He said, "Hey man, where is your seat?" Confused, I told him and he said, "Go get your stuff and come back and sit here, you need this more then me." I was embarrassed and ashamed. I had a family at home waiting for me. I recommend theses bears to anyone. But please eat them responsibly.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

Fight over man's flatulence forces flight to make emergency landing
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Read them.....i am living it at the mo. My son in law slipped me a handful. The english language has no words to describe the horror. The horror.

a reply to: ClovenSky

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I always just have the local dentists subsidize my Samhain candy giving. It's good for business!

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I just give them little bags of sugar..

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   
That's a good idea thanks opie

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   
LOL

Not gonna lie, if a kid asked me, when handing candy out, if something was gluten free..i'd probably smash the bowl over their parents head and turn the lights out for the night admitting I give up.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I wonder how much money would be saved to fix some financial problems if we skipped shopping on unnecessary holidays.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
We don't bother buying candy at all because we rarely see any kids at the door in our neighborhood. The parents take their kids over to the other side of the hill where the well-to-do families live.

The rules have tightened up here so much that they've now put an even lower limit on who can trick or treat. I think they lowered it here to 12 or 13 and no one can be out collecting candy past 7:30 pm. Seems ridiculous to me, but whatever. Big Brother City Council knows best, I suppose.

Last year, we couldn't afford candy at all. Years prior, we over-bought candy and ended up with so much left over, we got sick of it. I'll wait until the post-Halloween sales go into effect then get some, heh.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
It's time to end this legalised begging me thinks. Give them an apple instead so they don't want to beg next year perhaps.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join