It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reflections on ten months of total sobriety.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

It's all good, and yes you're right replacing one habit with another defeats the purpose of stopping.
Addiction is a far larger problem than just drugs and alcohol , food addiction, adrenaline addiction, sugar addiction, sex addiction, cafiene etc etc etc Anyhow I guess I'm guilty, I enjoy an edible or 2, I gave up smoking a year ago so it's like my only other vice.

posted on Nov, 5 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I was somewhat in the same boat. I used alcohol because it was very effective, and my toxic environment compelled me to use a lot of it. Since I used so much of it, I was labelled alcoholic (by the same people whose mistreatment justified the drinking) and in the early stages of straightening myself out, I didn't have the wherewithal to argue. But one part of it the 12 steppers got right is that at the base of it all was my personal weakness. That weakness was not my fault, but it was my sole responsibility to become stronger. So my weakness, eventually, became my strength. I can "hold my liquor" now that I am emotionally stronger but ironically, I have no room for it in my lifestyle.
edit on 5/11/2018 by DictionaryOfExcuses because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I use to drink. It caused me great depression and I would keep getting into trouble because of all the harsh laws. You get too the point that your brain chemicals are out of wack. You no longer produce enough dopamine.

The solution for me was to use a device called the Bio Tuner. It seems to balance out the chemicals or hormones in the brain. Keith Richards used it to get off of heroine. Just use the electrical device once per day and it works slowly over time. I no longer have to use the device.

I'm pretty much normal now and only use a little Cannabis tincture. Which doesn't seem to have anything but positive effects on me.

This post might be removed as the device is not approved by you know who.

posted on Dec, 9 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

I've not come across that before but if it works it works.

I don't really remember making this post but it's going to be 3 years in a few weeks time and still not had a single drink.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join