It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bombs and suspicious items. An FYI to all.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   
a reply to: SwissMarked

I actually had that happen recently enough and I was suspicious as hell about it. My mom had ordered something without telling me, and it shipped in a huge box with no return address or even an address saying where it came from other than Amazon.

I took "the risk" as it didn't seem overly suspicious aside from the huge size of the box and the extremely light weight it had. Turned out being a gift like I mentioned.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CosmicAwakening
Complete fear mongering. Just the see something say something brings me red flags. You think .Gov is gonna start mailing us "things"?

Who said mailing? We train to recognize to help those as yourself in denial. Who will you call when you need help?

I'm not mongering...those bomb threads/incident threads the last 2 days prompted my reminders to all.

I didn't prompt the subject...but you're desensitizing it's importance.

On your street...could be a person, broken soda bottle, cardboard cup or box leaning alone against something....

This thread has little to do with "mailings", but safety and reporting to save lives

Good luck to you in an emergency...seriously

MS

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

That's what those cookies are all about. The cookies are residual search history which can be used by advertisers to target ads to you. That's why these days everytime you enter a site, theres a prompt asking you if your ok with them using your info to target you with ads.

You really should read the fine print sometimes, it's a long and boring read for the most part though I'll admit.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Thank you, but these bombs aren't even real, not designed with reality in mind. Just to fool people.

There are no real bombs, or real threats, unless "they" decide they need to make a real one to prove at least one was real.

Why was there an Isis flag sticker on the one from CNN, anyways?

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Not sure your implication Neo...but never use electronic devices near a suspicious or unknown object, that could be detonated.

And fake dialing for help is childish, serves no one...and may cost lives by diverting resources.But, yes as a kid I rang doorbells and ran away laughing.

XL5

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Silly, I bring up ads because when people see out of place ads and say something, "somebody" thinks we are attacking ATS and that ATS is not at fault for using ad servers that target areas and individuals, leaving others unaffected.

IMO chemical and biochemical are the real danger as they can not be detected as an IED can.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

You got THAT from my post? It's about walking down the street, driving kids to school, something odd in a park or on a beach, riding your bike...

And NOT from, by or about government in any way.

Please re-read my entire op as to it's purpose. Obviously you didn't before replying

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

So if someone sends a suspicious package containing a fake bomb to say trump tower that would be AOK?
And another to Mitch McConnell and then one to Jeff Sessions and one to one of trumps ex wives maybe that wouldnt be an issue?
Of course it would.
The fact that they are physically inactive does not change the seriousness of the situation.
Try putting the shoe on the other foot for a moment.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: XL5
Some ATS ads that target some users but not other users seem suspicious and out of place. Liberals, SJW and virtue signaling seem suspicious and out of place. Hitler seemed....

Not everything is a bomb even though a bomb could be in everything. If everything out of place could be a bomb and everyone said something, the bomb squad would never rest and could overlook a real bomb.

Thanks...at least you get the point

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   
You're in NY? Great. Send me your address so next time you need P.D., Fire, Rescue...and dial 911...we'll just ignore you

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: raedar

Quite obvious. But now then would be the time to warn about those that may not be

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Being a marine corps veteran, I've seen my share of explosives...even experienced a couple personally.

In Iraq and Afghanistan it wasn't uncommon to find explosives in ordinary things...a trash bag on the side of the road or stuffed inside a dead animal carcass. Inside cinder blocks, Pepsi cans, placed on the back of a billboard, under a pile of rocks...literally anything can be turned into a deadly explosive device.

There's no reason to get paranoid though... pay attention, trust your instincts.

There was a recent video of a lady who called 911 about what she thought was a bomb she received in the mail. Turns out it was just a part for a motor her husband ordered online... pretty funny, but safety always comes first...your pride can wait.

That all said, I've seen a lot of armchair explosive "experts" posting lately about the "crude" look and wiring of these devices. And I'll tell you right now, nobody cares how an explosive device looks. When someone builds one, they only care about the boom factor, not the wow factor. It doesnt have to be pretty and there are thousands of ways to wire one. Just because it doesnt fit your preconceived notion of what an explosive looks like doesnt mean it isn't real. Seriously.

Google "inert soda can ied"... it looks ridiculous, but it's real....

A2D

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

We even learn HOW to make I.E.D.'s (improvised explosive devices).

We even go against each other for the best and most effective designs.

Ummm...so what your warning us about is...that this is probably the work of some disgruntled first responder...

That's no...stranger to making these devices

That hangs at this site...mysteriously…

Gotcha…

Thanks for the heads up...

YouSir

Your welcome...we learn how easy it is to make one...so we can recognize something you aren't going to...and that's on you.

ETA: we learn from returning military ordinance officers from Iraq, Afganistan and other hotspots

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SwissMarked

originally posted by: gladtobehere
Wow, we've really bought into this idea of tattletale squads and quasi-Brown Shirts.

I remember when this "see something say something" slogan was first introduced and adopted by the government.

Soon after came the outcry from civil libertarian groups.

Be afraid, VERY afraid. Danger lurks around every corner. Trust nothing and no one. And be sure to tell your gubernment. You are guberment's eyes and ears.

This despite the non-stop surveillance and near total loss of privacy rights.

They knew who did this before the first report aired... it’s a dog and pony show...

I absolutely agree it is a d + pony show....But that's not the point about reconizing danger

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: raedar

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
Now is a good time to bring this up to all our members worldwide.

We learn in training about Disaster Response, Biological, Radiological, Hazmat, Terrorism, Search and Rescue, Medical Triage and many other things...we even learn HOW to make I.E.D.'s (improvised explosive devices)

Then it must be obvious to you that these are fake.

It was obvious that the fact they didn't go off...was that it attempted to cause "terror" or distress. That was the point I think.

That things can be done anywhere, anytime

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: ccseagull

No thanks to me necessary...but thank you for the reply and understanding

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Then you realize my intent here with some experience yourself

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree
Being a marine corps veteran, I've seen my share of explosives...even experienced a couple personally.

In Iraq and Afghanistan it wasn't uncommon to find explosives in ordinary things...a trash bag on the side of the road or stuffed inside a dead animal carcass. Inside cinder blocks, Pepsi cans, placed on the back of a billboard, under a pile of rocks...literally anything can be turned into a deadly explosive device.

There's no reason to get paranoid though... pay attention, trust your instincts.

There was a recent video of a lady who called 911 about what she thought was a bomb she received in the mail. Turns out it was just a part for a motor her husband ordered online... pretty funny, but safety always comes first...your pride can wait.

That all said, I've seen a lot of armchair explosive "experts" posting lately about the "crude" look and wiring of these devices. And I'll tell you right now, nobody cares how an explosive device looks. When someone builds one, they only care about the boom factor, not the wow factor. It doesnt have to be pretty and there are thousands of ways to wire one. Just because it doesnt fit your preconceived notion of what an explosive looks like doesnt mean it isn't real. Seriously.

Google "inert soda can ied"... it looks ridiculous, but it's real....

A2D

Thank you for your service. Your post here explains my entire point. Thank you. I will respond to all further negatives with your response here.

Best, MS

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Sooo, who exactly is the Magabomber now?

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Virtue signaling in the extreme. I'm sorry but I'm just not going to fall for this one. Not only that but I'm not going to be a citizen agent turning in all of my neighbors just because they turned left instead of right one day. No thank you. I actually like the fourth amendment.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join