It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another one to Joe Biden, A DEMOCRAT, CNN made sure to specify

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I guess you just posted some crap from IWB? Nice. I can tell what it is from the link and I don't even need to follow the it to respond to this. If it's all the same to you, since you're intent on repeating this bull#, I'm just going to paste my reply to you from yesterday when you last tried to make this point to me:

Eric Holder did not call for violence. He used a metaphor and then he clarified his point later in his speech. Did he not? It's not like he said "when they go low, we kick them" (which again, is clearly a metaphor) and then days later, after taking flack for it, walked it back. He made a point of clarifying his statement at the time.

As for HRC's comment. From the interview she did with Christiane Amanpour, the line that was repeated ad nauseam was this:

You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about," Clinton said in an interview with CNN's Christiane Amanpour. "That's why I believe, if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and/or the Senate, that's when civility can start again. But until then, the only thing that the Republicans seem to recognize and respect is strength.

That's all that was included in for example, the Washington Examiner article, Hillary Clinton cheers the end of civility.

So what did she mean? Well clearly she's saying "you" (somebody) cannot be civil with Republicans. I took it as meaning her fellow Democrats, particularly in Congress. And "cannot being civil" does not translate to "commit acts of violence." There seems to be some confusion about what the word "civil" means because it's been repeatedly referenced in connection with acts of violence, like how the Scalise shooting had people talking about civility. The word civility means formal politeness and courtesy in behavior or speech.

So what she's actually saying is that *somebody* (I take it to be Dem pols in Congress) needs to set aside being polite and courteous to their Republican counterparts in debate until the Democrats have regained some control in Congress.

Now, what else did she say that could put this in context? From the CNN transcript of the interview:

So first, the question she was asked was about civility:

And secondly, do you see any way, even a conservative who I was speaking of yesterday said the only way to repair America is try to get back to some civility and to try to make it that even if we have political disagreements, we're not going to war with each other, we're not trying to destroy each other.

Here's her full response:

CLINTON: Well, certainly, I would love to see us return to civility. Listening to one another, working out our differences. That is not the Republican party that exists today, and that is certainly not the administration that we have in power right now.

When the Republican Senate denied the right of President Obama to have his nominee for the Supreme Court, Merrick Garland, heard --

AMANPOUR: I think you even wrote that they stole a justice from the Democratic party.

CLINTON: Well, I think they did. I mean, to keep a Supreme Court seat open for a year, to deny a distinguished jurist, they could have voted him down. They could have said, "Well, for ideological reasons, philosophical reasons, we're not going to vote for him." But no, they stonewalled. And that was such a breach of Senate ethics and the constitutional responsibility of the Senate to advice and consent on nominations, that you cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about.

That's why I believe if we are fortunate enough to win back the House and/or the Senate, that's when civility can start again. But until then, the only thing that the Republicans seem to recognize and respect is strength.

And you heard how the Republican members, led by Mitch McConnell, the president, really demeaned the confirmation process, insulted and attacked not only Dr. Ford but women who were speaking out. You know, look, I remember Republican operatives shutting down the voting in Florida in 2000.

I remember the swift voting of John Kerry. I remember the things that even the Republican party did to John McCain in 2000. I remember what they did to me for 25 years, the falsehood, the lies, which, unfortunately, people believed because the Republicans have put a lot of time, money and effort in promoting them.

So when you're dealing with an ideological party that is driven by the lust for power, that is funded by corporate interest who want a government that does its bidding, it's hard -- you can be civil but you can't overcome what they intend to do unless you win elections.

And so, the answer to everything is to get back to a balance, to get back to what is called regular order. They don't even have committee processes. They -- the idea that they wouldn't seek and obtain all of the written record from Kavanaugh, that they would not have done a full investigation, that is not the way that they treat Democrats.

And so, unless we win and we say to the people of our country, "Look, we need to protect the rule of law. We need to protect processes that are in place in the Congress and the government to protect you, to protect what you care about." So, this should go both ways, and that's what I'm hoping for.

Was she calling for violence? No. Not at all.

We don't need some guy's opinion piece in WaPo fake news from IWB to look at either of these instances and see that in neither case were these two encouraging anyone to be violent.

What I would say to you is that people on the Right have been persuaded to believe that "Democratic leaders are calling for all out assaults on Republicans" and the fact that they're being persuaded to believe this is in of itself a dangerous sort of conditioning. By painting people on the Left as being one big violent mob, they're providing a justification for people on the Right to be violent.
edit on 2018-10-25 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Who cares that Biden was labeled a Democrat? It’s true, isn’t it?

It was made clear that an unhinged Bernie supporter shot up Republicans, right? There was, in the end, a point to it being Republicans that got shot at??

Don’t be so sensitive... 😜

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I know I post in favor of "my side". But I also know they aren't the white knights they wish they were. Hell, I wish they were better, so I wouldn't have to preface anything with "yea, they suck to, but...."

But the whole idea that you can list what the other side did, to justify how big of an asshole the guy on your side is, well, it's stupid. Then comes the whataboutism. And the conversation goes to the inevitable end, as all previous ones did.

I didn't used to give a rats ass about politics. And I sure wouldn't have believed I'd vote for Donald frigging Trump, nor defend him a few years ago. But to see how condescending and vindictive the staunch liberals were prior to the election polarized me and made me want to see them fail and eat crow. I know that's not healthy or good, but it's the way I felt and still do to a degree.

Something like this should have brought us together against whatever enemy did this, instead, I'm here will others trying to figure out how the left sent bombs to themselves. I think I'm great, and if I can sink to this level, well, that's a problem.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

]]]]

These people are idiots.

Anyone who uses the word "mansplaining" seriously in a sentence is an idiot.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

to double down on stupid is one thing, but this is three times. let it go.

I'm sorry, the dems did act like douche bags here. They did call for violence, and what you think they meant doesn't mean a thing to me, so save that.

It's really sad that you continue to try, it really is.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

a reply to: SlapMonkey

The NPC insanity has even reached Australia!

Oh look, another robot calling other people "NPC" because it's the latest in his favored flavor of useful idiot programming. So hivemind! Much groupthink!

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

a reply to: SlapMonkey

The NPC insanity has even reached Australia!

Oh look, another robot calling other people "NPC" because it's the latest in his favored flavor of useful idiot programming. So hivemind! Much groupthink!

Saved this just for you comrade!

Why the NPC meme Triggers NPC's roflmao

]]]

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

It's all fake news, fake bombs. It's obvious that the generator of these devices has taken measures necessary to insure they never go off, that they're caught and intercepted before they ever reach the addressee.

Total BS. Of course, why would anyone be surprised? Most all of the Leftist pollitics and MSM propaganda is BS.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

almost like CNN was filled with EOD pros. They took the pipe bomb out, played with it and took pictures with it.
Almost as if they also knew it wouldn't go boom. Or, they are just really brave and lucky.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

There are freaking fake bombs being politically sent, a lot, & all I see is people arguing who is better on what side. What the fu ck is wrong with you people, if these were armed bombs that went off our country would be a total mess & you people are treating it like a fu ck ing game to see who is better. You are the reasons for our upcoming civil war. You have already dampened to the likes of terrioist if there plan was to split us apart because it is working thanks to you as sholes. Piss on you guys for making this about your parties & not peoples safety.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I'm sorry, the dems did act like douche bags here. They did call for violence, and what you think they meant doesn't mean a thing to me, so save that.

"The did call for violence! HERE LOOK AT THIS INVESTMENT WATCH BLOG LINK! IT SAYS SO! REEEEEEEEEE!"

What are you going to do for a follow up? Call me an "NPC?" Post some meme somebody else made? No, they didn't call for violence.

It's really sad that you continue to try, it really is.

What's really sad is you parroting talking points and hiding behind other peoples' out of context mischaracterizations because you're incapable of making an argument in favor of your position.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Yea, but the losers that daily watch CNN or traffick the CNN website are all up in believing its White Supremecist Terrorists behind this because...........CNN infers that or Wolf Blitzer will start that speculation.

Crap, just typing that made me realize that for all practical purposes, CNN has become a CONSPIRACY NETWORK!

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SatansPride

You are the reasons for our upcoming civil war.

Very true.........and they can fight it! And I'll gladly sell bullets to both sides!

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Lmao. Yeah, that's it. Here, let me save myself some more time and once again, repost a recent response:

originally posted by: Xtrozero

You are an NPC...

What a funny thing to say! Do you want to know one important difference between you and I? When I said it a year and a half ago, about you and your ilk, it was actually clever and original:

a reply to: Krazysh0t

How do you put up with that nonsense?

This bunch? They're harmless. I think of a few of them generally as I would NPCs in an 80s video game. They walk in circles bumping into things. They don't contribute much but they do take up space.

You on the other hand are an unoriginal parrot. Your function in the world is just to be a mindless repeater. Just like you calling me an NPC — you didn't make a humorous observation — you were just repeating the latest meme to bubble up from the neckbeards on 4chan.

That fact makes you calling me an NPC all the more sweetly ironic.

Speaking of which, meet somebody who on any given day could easily log into your account and be you and nobody would even notice:

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Yeah because this is exactly the same as openly calling for all of your supporters to harass the opposition wherever they find them. To stop peaceful citizens from living their lives just because they’re outside of the hivemind NPC groupthink mentality.

You're indistinguishable forum fodder. Tedious background noise. A peanut gallery of immemorable muppets flapping your floppy felt faces.
edit on 2018-10-25 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

a reply to: seeker1963

Lmao. Yeah, that's it. Here, let me save myself some more time and once again, repost a recent response:

originally posted by: Xtrozero

You are an NPC...

What a funny thing to say! Do you want to know one important difference between you and I? When I said it a year and a half ago, about you and your ilk, it was actually clever and original:

a reply to: Krazysh0t

How do you put up with that nonsense?

This bunch? They're harmless. I think of a few of them generally as I would NPCs in an 80s video game. They walk in circles bumping into things. They don't contribute much but they do take up space.

You on the other hand are an unoriginal parrot. Your function in the world is just to be a mindless repeater. Just like you calling me an NPC — you didn't make a humorous observation — you were just repeating the latest meme to bubble up from the neckbeards on 4chan.

That fact makes you calling me an NPC all the more sweetly ironic.

Speaking of which, meet somebody who on any given day could easily log into your account and be you and nobody would even notice:

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Yeah because this is exactly the same as openly calling for all of your supporters to harass the opposition wherever they find them. To stop peaceful citizens from living their lives just because they’re outside of the hivemind NPC groupthink mentality.

You're indistinguishable forum fodder. Tedious background noise. A peanut gallery of immemorable muppets flapping your floppy felt faces.

LOL! Truth hurts donit? No matter how many words you can type, face it, YOU CAN'T MEME!

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

You Trumpeteers really do have a hard time with reality.

LOL, you think?? They'll twist and deny anything even when it's a blatant fact!! What's really ridiculous is there's numerous tweets and video recordings that prove it's coming straight out of the horses mouth! Trump was right-on when he said "he could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and not lose any voters." I believe if he came out waving a Nazi flag or actually shooting a reporter dead, his supporters would continue to rally around him! No other previous presidents would get away with this craziness! Heaven forbid if he was a liberal, the republican majority would have had him impeached within 6 months of him taking office, lol.

Conservative can no-longer claim the moral high ground or sound the alarm about authoritarian rule. This president has demonstrated immoral and disgusting traits and more. What's outrageous is nobody likes a bully. Most Trump supporters who have young children or grandchildren would certainly be pissed-off if their child was the target of a school bully, and rightly so. Yet these same people are ignoring these same exact bully tactics by our president. What message are they sending to their kids when they're justifying it with our president? Their reality is certainly skewed.
edit on 25-10-2018 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Sure is a lot of text for not caring about be called some lame robotic insult.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Ante invented that meme firstest.

The internet owes him meme royalties.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 05:54 PM
link   
How come yall ain't giving him his theoretical internet props.

ATS full of bigots.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   

How pathetic conservatives are blaming the Left in a false flag attack to garner more votes.

You people have no bottom to your barrel.

new topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join