It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another one to Joe Biden, A DEMOCRAT, CNN made sure to specify

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

With the media spouting it is all Trumps fault, you don't think it is smart that Trump stands on his uniting statement and does not fall into their antagonizing trap? I am actually impressed that he had not proffered any derogatory opinions unlike the rest of the nation seems to be doing.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   

When you report something like that you're almost claiming that the opposition party is the responsible.

It's not THE report, it's HOW they report.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Nah, that's just off the top of my head.

Pelosi write it there for you ?

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

With the media spouting it is all Trumps fault, you don't think it is smart that Trump stands on his uniting statement and does not fall into their antagonizing trap? I am actually impressed that he had not proffered any derogatory opinions unlike the rest of the nation seems to be doing.

I wasn't particularly knocking Trump, just saying he hasn't really shown leadership. But since you're asking i will say that he could have gone further. He could, for example, have urged the public to concentrate on the issues rather than personal attacks going forward. He could have been far more vocal in his opposition to violence and the threat of violence. I could go on but im sure you get the point.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

Umm maybe sweety because ALL of the victims so far have been notable democrats? No? Don't think so?

Hmmmm

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Footage of Trump making the "pipe bombs".

CIRCA 2018 (Colorized)

link   
a reply to: Thejoncrichton

Who almost died? And why is that person more important?

link   

You honestly believe all of these things he said are encouraging hate speech

Hate speech? I never said anything about "hate speech". I answered a dare; "Show me a single sentence or phrase by Trump defending hate groups and/or extremists. "

I did that.

link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

originally posted by: vinifalou
a reply to: headorheart

Show me a single sentence or phrase by Trump defending hate groups and/or extremists.

On violent White Nationalists:
"There are very fine people on both sides"

On Putin murdering his own people:
"We aren't so innocent either"

Of Kim Jong Un:
"He's a smart cookie", "We fell in love"

On Rep. Greg Gianforte body slamming a reporter:
"Any guy that can do a body slam — he's my guy."

The march was put on by black, brown and white Nationalists (patriots)...Some uninvited white supremacists showed up...Trump was referring to those patriots when he said there were some good on both sides...The only place he may have erred is when he suggested there may be some good people on the protester's side (Antifa)...If you had watched the news, you'd know that...

link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

When you report something like that you're almost claiming that the opposition party is the responsible.

It's not THE report, it's HOW they report.

Oh i do understand that aspect. But, to an outsider, it seems like all sides are calling for some form of violence these days. I have to say your wonderful nation looks bat # crazy at the minute.

I have to also add that the purpose of headlines is to grab attention. The "meat" is in the content, not the headline itself.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Sure, he could make more speeches about peace and love and stuff. Everyone could. Including Obama, Hillary Clinton, Eric Holder, and many other Democrats that are asking for violence. Instead they are campaigning for the midterms and telling people "they can't be civil right now".

I get your point and I agree with you, we need to do MORE to change people's mind, unfortunately this is how politics works. There's no way you can unite people in a bipartisan system, they'll always take side and extremist people are dangerous. It doesn't matter if you ask for peace, they'll use violence anyhow to make their point.

Just find it wrong to blame it on Trump since he and his administration has criticized hate and violent groups ever since I remember.

Could've say more about the issue? Sure, everyone could.

Is this on his? No. And # CNN.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Oh I see you took your meds.

Good for you Silly, good for you.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

If he did that then the media and Trump haters would be crying he is using this as a political platform for his own ego. Seriously, he is better as a leader to not take center stage until after the investigators catch the perpetrator/s. I can guarantee you will hear him say a lot more then.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:26 AM
link   

So now it's Trump's fault. Color me surprised

Color me surprised that you don't see his speech as inflammatory.
No don't color me surprised. I am anything but.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flavian

Oh i do understand that aspect. But, to an outsider, it seems like all sides are calling for some form of violence these days. I have to say your wonderful nation looks bat # crazy at the minute.

I have to also add that the purpose of headlines is to grab attention. The "meat" is in the content, not the headline itself.

Most uninformed people don't even open the stories, they just read the headline. How many times NYT, WaPo and CNN had to retract headlines only this year?

I lost count.

And yea it's a mess in here these days, this is what happens when you have a bipartisan system and people who only care about their pockets. Except for that it is indeed a wonderful nation.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Not more inflammatory than Hillary's speech or Eric Holder.

Any comments on that? No? Thought so.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

Some uninvited white supremacists showed up...

LOL Alternative facts? HAHA No boy, the White Supremacists organized the entire rally.

The Unite the Right rally, also known as the Charlottesville rally or Charlottesville riots, was a white supremacist rally that occurred in Charlottesville, Virginia, from August 11 to 12, 2017. Protesters were members of the far-right and included self-identified members of the alt-right, neo-Confederates, neo-fascists, white nationalists, neo-Nazis, and various militias.
The marchers chanted racist and antisemitic slogans, carried semi-automatic rifles, swastikas, Nazi symbols (such as the Odal rune, Black Sun, and Iron Cross), the Valknut, Confederate battle flags, Deus Vult crosses, flags and other symbols of various past and present anti-Muslim and antisemitic groups. Within the Charlottesville area, the rally is often known as A12 or 8/12. The organizers' stated goals included unifying the American white nationalist movement and to oppose removing a statue of Robert E. Lee from Charlottesville's Emancipation Park.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Absolutely correct. The opposite actually.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thejoncrichton

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
On violent White Nationalists:
"There are very fine people on both sides"

Yeah, he's right. There were people there to support freedom of speech who were not white nationalists.

nope. the only one's there were ANTIFA and the NAZIS. So anyone there MUST fall into one of those two categories. Otherwise, what Trump said was factual. Since the MSM told snookie that wasn't so, it isn't. Trust the machine, only the machine.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Be afraid... be very afraid.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join