It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Um Weather buffs Global Weather patterns gone SERIOUS haywire THIS is what needs to be in the NEWS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
OP has a good eye. Tis been whacky and gradually getting more anti social. I took two years of weather in the 70's....

It's officially twonky beam ....I'm liking the two months of rain in North Texas after 7 months of dry as a bone killed the horse pasture Bermuda almost yes .I think it's smart

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Here in the hills of Texas there was no transition between seasons.
It was record hot summer one day and then chilly drizzle for 3 weeks straight.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
yea, and I needed the cool but it just wanted to torture me, then I'm cabin bound and can't go work on my house at my son's ranch cause I'll just get the car all muddy...

Cabin fever bad, so I took the farming indoors just to see crops in the winter or I'd go twonky beam

Just north of Dallas we get 3 inches a day when we dont get 7 inches, 10 inches a week and the lakes are full.

I used to hang around San Marcos and the river down by you!

ditby]edit on 25-10-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

edit on 25-10-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

edit on 25-10-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: TheJesuit

Theres a high pressure ridge over the western Atlantic

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

You sound like the senior manager two cubicles down from me in my last job. Used to have all his spare screens in his multi-monitor PC setup set to the live traffic, ferry, train and air maps. Any time there were delays anywhere he would shout out. Used to give me heart attacks.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   
We're looking at a weird winter like we had in 2009-2010 year from what I am seeing, and the reforming the the warm water blob over the north Pacific is going to do things with the storm track and jet stream over Alaska and the Pacific Northwest.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Do you have a link to the same current display that is from previous "standard" weather behavior?

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
It’s not really been that windy for October in the PNW. We’ve usually had some wicked wind storms knocking out power by now, I suspect we’ll be getting them soon enough though.

The disturbance shown in that map looks quite far out when I view it on another wind map. Or on satellite imagery. Probably a future typhoon for the eastern Pacific.

I’m not familiar with the Atlantic wind directions, aside from hurricane season.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23

We no longer get transition periods for years now. In south coastal British Columbia thst is, I go from tank tops to thick long sleeves, then in the spring it’s the long sleeves to tank tops. I have a spring and fall wardrobe I’ve not been wearing the past few years.

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

That's a really interesting interactive globe, but I would like to see you show a comparison which displays the situation in the periods you are concerned about the divergence from. Without that, there is no way to compare like with like in any way.

Good point. Compare it with todays temp anomaly map to see the change of temperatures coming along with it.
Cold air gets sucked out between the fast jet streams, which transport hot air and moisture into the Arctic (aka atmospheric rivers), and that's the cold front we see hovering above the eastern US.
There are peaks of +20°C over the North Pole right now, with an average of +3.2°C in the whole Arctic.

Have an informative presentation from P. Beckwith:

posted on Oct, 27 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Thank you for that!

I will absorb that when next presented with an adequate opportunity!

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1   >>

join