It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who mailed the bombs? An analysis

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Excellent questions.

Now, not to be cavalier but, consider the different audiences.

What voting demographic is most likely to believe the apparent desired image of the bomber(s)???

ETA - Here's the part I don't get...

If someone is trying to send a message, why include any explosive components at all??? This part doesn't add up, and it's the only chink in my theory. An inert device would likely have received just as much attention as a potentially explosive one. This is either really, really, stupid...or brilliant (depending on your point of view). Either way, it upped the stakes in this stunt by orders of magnitude!
edit on 10/25/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
Who mailed the bombs?

No one.

The USPS has explosive scanners, and trained staff to recognize this snip.

Got a link for that?

I didn't work for the USPS, but I worked for one of the other giant services.... Our hubs had no sort of scanning devices other than for labels and dimensions.

Something about trying to move tens of thousands of packages an hour, that kind of slows the process. Think about if we TSA'ed every package with those swabs, not very efficient.

That said, it is in question whether they got mailed to begin with seeing as 6 stamps doesn't cover postage for something of that weight.
edit on 25-10-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

DO SOMETHING.

Wow!!! Hadn't seen that. You are right!! If that isn't a call to nasty action. I somehow don't think it was a demented citizen that pulled this off. But, it really defeats the point the finger at Trump thing they are trying to do.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Heh, I've said often on these threads that it's too early to tell, but according to several of our more loony left-leaning posters, anyone right-leaning is dumb and uneducated. They're eating this up.

We can follow their logic train up the sea for this. If this is too smart and too dumb, no right-leaning person could ever pull this off. We're just too ignorant and uneducated. The left-leaning side of the coin has all the really smart folks in this country.

Ergo, it has to be someone on the left.

That's faulty reasoning, but I won't tell them if you don't.

But, you have to agree that whoever did this went over the top in their attempts to make this look like some right-leaning backwoods yokel who was too dumb to pull it off.

Btw, one of the addys was a 777. I highly doubt that is the actual address, but maybe it is. If it's not, that comes right out of the mock Christians playbook.
edit on 25-10-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Without having to open suspicious packages or envelopes, the T-COGNITION system can detect hidden criminal drugs, hazardous materials and explosives disguised as harmless mail.

www.foxnews.com...

From 2015.

gizmodo.com...

link   

I can see your point. I just don't think Russia would be in as good a position to pull this off. Unless they were working with the DNC.

Don't misunderstand me: when I reference the "Democrats" in this thread, I am talking about the Democratic party leaders, not the folks who vote Democrat. There's no good term for the people I refer to... liberal doesn't fit them, progressive doesn't fit them, and really Democrat doesn't fit them, for reasons I mention above. So I use the term "Democrats" and reference the DNC, hoping everyone will get my meaning.

Heck, there's still a few "Democrats" in the Republican party!

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:34 AM
link   
From Ebay.

community.ebay.com...

Xray.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I thought I covered that in my OP... but the presence of actual explosives means the bomb squads will... must!... treat it like it is a legitimate bomb, leading to better and more realistic coverage. And I don't blame them. It is completely possible to make a device like this one with an actual high explosive surrounded by enough 'stuff' to make it look fake.

Had one of them gone off, I would likely have changed my theory to reflect that possibility. That level of sophistication would indicate a louder result, though.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

s Mail X-Rayed? Some of the mail that is sent through the United States Postal Service will pass through an X-Ray machine. There are no specific guidelines as to what may or may not be x-rayed, though mail sent to or through larger cities is likely to pass through an X-Ray machine.

And it was the New York area.

They would have been.

faq.usps.com...

Like one of the images here.

news.sky.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I can see your point. I just don't think Russia would be in as good a position to pull this off. Unless they were working with the DNC.

Don't misunderstand me: when I reference the "Democrats" in this thread, I am talking about the Democratic party leaders, not the folks who vote Democrat. There's no good term for the people I refer to... liberal doesn't fit them, progressive doesn't fit them, and really Democrat doesn't fit them, for reasons I mention above. So I use the term "Democrats" and reference the DNC, hoping everyone will get my meaning.

Heck, there's still a few "Democrats" in the Republican party!

TheRedneck

The countries with large GDP's have spies in our country. That is just how it is. We have hundreds of operatives from Russia, china, etc here right now. This comes from talking to Tim Kennedy at wrestling practices. Basically the countries all know this about each other and they don't make moves because of the mutual capability.

He said the Chinese are by far the scariest because of their long game and self control, he said the Russians are masters of the soap opera and sleazy enough to carry out operations.

Russia may not have done this but lots of countries have spies here. The person caught also may not be the funding party either.

Could it be soros himself sure.

But pretending like its most likely the Democrats is just plain ignorant imo.

Pretending like it couldn't be is also ignorant. I am not saying it's not. Just not the most likely imo.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I’ve gotta hand it to ya; this is a very well put together thread. I don’t know the first thing about pipe bombs, but you seem too have done a great job of breaking down the flaws with the ones being used here.

With modern day politics and the despicable behavior we’ve seen from the left over the past 3+ years, I would not be surprised at all. We’re getting a first hand look at their playbook and I’m really starting to consider them a terroristic entity here in the US.

Or....it was the meddling Russians.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Well, I can't post anything 'snarky' in response to that... it is well-reasoned, and I agree it is in the realm of possibility. If the FBI investigation shows it to be the truth, I will accept it.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The link doesn't say if the scanner is in use at any of the facilities. Just that the technology exists.

They deliver 160 billion pieces a year.

Putting all of that through a scanner takes time.

Even if you had one per hub, not all of the parcels take the same route on the conveyer belts.

I Googled "T-Cognition usps" and only that fox News article came up.

If they did a large purchase, I'm sure there would be other articles, especially considering how it would be odd an entity billions in debt could make that purchase for every hub.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
"Hey Vlad, I just got off a conference call with Bashar and Xi, and you know what; they had a really cool idea which will totally mind-F# the American's. It goes like this..."

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

That would explain why the CNN bomb was hand-delivered. I wonder if that covers mail to upstate New York (Soros and Clinton)?

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I agree. Was just discussing this possibly being related to a foreigner overseas due to who the packages were sent to and who they weren't. Most foreigners would be clueless about the current reps and only be familiar with CNN and not so much MSNBC. The bombs were all sent to individuals touted as most critical of trump via the media.

The redneck over the top Trump supporter aspect is a perspection created via media as well. It is quite possible this is not so much left vs right but an outside divisive influence.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The only mail currently being irradiated is mail sent to federal government agencies in Washington, DC, for ZIP Codes™ beginning with 202, 203, 204 and 205. Mail to these Zones is accumulated at a site near the Brentwood Road facility, and then shipped to New Jersey to be irradiated. This process in New Jersey takes approximately 24 hours. Mail can take three (3) to five (5) days longer to reach its destination than it did prior to irradiation, but is generally not more than three (3) days. Mail returned from New Jersey is aired out for a short period before it is processed at a postal location designated for sorting all Government mail.

faq.usps.com...

Covers Obama,Biden,CLinton,Waters.

1 current government employee 3 ex.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Lol, always appreciate you. Sorry I always take the Democrats devils advocate. I am just trying to convert you to total neutrality and equal disgust.

Also. Let's say they wanted to maximize their effect. Wouldn't they write a message in case they don't blow up?

Depends on their goal. It is wide open right now. Speculating the dots is fine, but I would be wary of carrying partisan water...this isn't trump and this isn't the Democrats at fault. It our worship of political narratives explaining reality.
edit on 25-10-2018 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

That would explain why the CNN bomb was hand-delivered. I wonder if that covers mail to upstate New York (Soros and Clinton)?

TheRedneck

I was also under the impression that the machines packages passed through had the same tech as the machines in airports that can detect any type of explosive residue.

Anywho....I'll go with the Chinese trying to throw our economy for a loop for 1000.

The ISIS parody logo used is REALLY old news and ISIS isnt even making the news anymore. This makes me think it is possibly a foreign entity that is way out of the loop with how old that logo is.

Similar to how foreigners have a hard time understanding American jokes and vice versa....they just dont or cant quite understand it because they were not part of the culture when the joke came about.

Anywho....just another dumb southern redneck here....

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Well, in my defense, just wait until the Republicans get caught with their pants down; you'll see me screaming for their heads. And it'll happen... always does. I'm just concentrating on the here and now. Sufficient for today are the evils thereof, and all that.

That said, I might be a little biased with all the hyper-rhetoric lately. I despise the way the Democrats have treated Trump, and I actually consider it a type of voter suppression against everyone who voted for him. I felt the same way with the Republican rhetoric about Roy Moore... how dare you tell me who you will and won't accept from the voters! Shelby is still on my bad side over that, and I probably will try to get him primaried when the time comes... or vote Democrat if they'll calm down and act like leaders instead of spoiled children.

That's really where my present disgust of the Democrats comes from.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join