It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global warming put into perspective. It's Bologna

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Thank you phage for being one of the only voices of reason on this thread. I was starting to despair in humanity.
95% of climate scientists are in consensus that global warming is due to man's output of CO2 into the atmosphere.
The other 5% are bribed by the oil industry to lie.

It's actually incredibly simple science. Burn stuff -> produce CO2 -> greenhouse effect + acidification of the seas.

Yet here we are the same old fossil fuelled propaganda is being spouted.

We are in real danger of extinction if we don't reduce our CO2 emissions.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Aallanon

This guy is in big energy's pocket and has been for years.

Dr. Michaels has acknowledged that 40% of his funding comes from fossil fuel sources: (thinkprogress.org...) Known funding includes $49,000 from German Coal Mining Association, $15,000 from Edison Electric Institute and $40,000 from Cyprus Minerals Company, an early supporter of People for the West, a "wise use" group. He received $63,000 for research on global climate change from Western Fuels Association, above and beyond the undisclosed amount he is paid for the World Climate Report/Review. According to Harper's magazine, Michaels has recieved over $115,000 over the past four years from coal and oil interests. Michaels wrote "Sound and Fury" and "The Satanic Gases," two books skeptical of global warming and attempts to curtail greenhose gas emmissions. The books were published by the right wing think-tank Cato Institute. Dr. Michaels signed the 1995 Leipzig Declaration. In July of 2006, it was revealed that the Intermountain Rural Electric Association "contributed $100,000 to Dr. Michaels." (abcnews.go.com...) ALEC advisor. www.heartland.org... and www.cato.org...
exxonsecrets.org...

all that is nice, but can you discount his information?

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: JasonBillung

What are you doing specifically to combat global warming? You are using a computer, so you are part of the problem. Do you own a car? (I forgot who I was talking to, you probably own GM)

Tone down the drama, what we on ATS believe or don't believe won't change the global temps. Go have a snickers.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

What are you doing specifically to combat global warming? You are using a computer, so you are part of the problem. Do you own a car? (I forgot who I was talking to, you probably own GM)

Tone down the drama, what we on ATS believe or don't believe won't change the global temps. Go have a snickers.

Not enough. I drive a Festiva most days. Or a Focus. Both + 30 MPG. But the wife always drives a Ford Escape (ouch only 20 on the highway.)

I do try to recycle as much of my trash as I can, and I am building my retirement home off the grid. Yeah, I am guilty.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Aallanon

Anthropomorphic climate change, would be climate change that is personified and created in the shape of, or to remind one, of the human form. For example, The Cowardly Lion in The Wizard of Oz, is an anthropomorphic, or anthropomorphised creature.

The word you may have been seeking, is anthropogenic.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung

Not enough. I drive a Festiva most days. Or a Focus. Both + 30 MPG. But the wife always drives a Ford Escape (ouch only 20 on the highway.)

I do try to recycle as much of my trash as I can, and I am building my retirement home off the grid. Yeah, I am guilty.

I don't doubt for 1 second that man is in part responsible for global warming
I believe it is mostly air travel but everybody travels even those, more often those who decry everyone else

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

you are the poster boy for what to do. Super. What does your lifestyle do for the pollution in China and India?

I recently remodeled an old farm house and made it super efficient. I didn't do it because of polar bears, I did it so I could live cheap in the future. I moved my office to the land I live on, so my commute is walking. Do I get a medal or something?

Damn, I'm doing almost as much as you and I'm not totally sold on the man made part of this being as significant as some people say. it's almost as if, my belief isn't necessary for the world to continue spinning.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:24 AM
link   
This discussion fails to address the actual problem, instead, once again, getting bogged down in the cause. It does not MATTER at this stage, whether the climate change rate we are seeing now is caused by human activity, or not. What matters now is making effective infrastructural investments and changes, necessary to harden cities and nations against the change that is coming, that can no longer be prevented, as well as choking off ANY potential effect we could be having on the environment, as quickly as is technologically possible, not as quickly as financiers and the like would prefer.

It IS necessary to stop using fossil fuel for combustion purposes in heavy industry. It IS necessary to stop using as much of the fossil fuel as is currently the case, for transportation. It IS necessary to invest HEAVILY on a governmental basis, in rendering any and all government and large institution carbon neutral in terms of the way energy is generated to run their facilities. It IS necessary that HIGH, incredibly high sea walls, whose erection will damage house prices in waterfront locations, be built to prevent the flooding of coastal areas. It IS necessary for ANY construction undertaken in tornado prone areas to be designed and built to totally withstand the forces applied by them, and for any and all construction undertaken to also include, as standard, a bunker space beneath, with facilities to make riding out such storms as may come, less hazardous than is currently the case. It IS necessary that houses on waterfronts or within flood prone areas, be built or retrofitted to rebuff all water ingress, or to simply stop building in those areas and get entire towns relocated away from that threat.

These things are necessary, they need to start happening yesterday, and no amount of bitching back and forth from the fossil fuel loving right wing is going to change that, nor is any of the badgering from the left. The things need doing. Now, pack your collective whining in, and get on with it!

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon
a reply to: [post=23891666]JasonBillung[/

Thanks for stopping by and insulting those who have a different opinion.

That should help

Folks who are for destroying the world because they buy into global masters out of ignorance and propaganda need an insult or two. Wake up. Your world is rapidly being ruined by globalist who love your slavery to oil, gas and coal. Who makes the money?
Who makes the bank? Do you?

No, you go along with them in a blind run to make them money while your life disintegrates. How much cancer will you take before you throw of your slave shackels and see yourself as a player fool?

SO , the only folks behind the Climate Change movement are haters of fossil fuel , banks , and politics
Ok
Thanks for telling us
And reinforcing the lunacy

edit on 10/25/18 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16

Yeah I kinda accept man assisted global warning but these scientists have been preaching doom and gloom like some ats members use to preach 2012
They look like idiots and make science look stupid, well global warming science like evolution science, stupid 😁

"The boys who cried wolf", I don't really care anymore and only the gullible buy into the hyperbole now offered by scientists

I remember the polar bear on the floating glacier, sad, lonely, dying until it jumped off and swam to another glacier
Still we are all going to die

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Well I am kinda still on the fence, I have seen things that indicate that there has been a temperature change
Man made, that's debatable

I admit I havnt watched the video so not sure of the context but the weather has changed since I was a child

Seems a lot of those in the industry want our money, that's fishy

This is exactly how I feel too.
Things have changed. I mean give me a break - there was a damn tornado on the Cape Cod Canal last Monday... really? We're too small to destroy the Earth tho... the Earth will destroy us first lol! Or, we'll destroy ourselves. It'll be fun to find out we were all wrong and global warming actually IS a thing lol!

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Here's the thing. What impact we have on climate change is up in the air. Who really knows? What we do know is that climate change has two possible outcomes. Periods of warming and periods of cooling. Now get one of those periods to extend too long or be too dramatic, and you've got yourself a real worldwide problem that's likely unsurvivable.

What's the harm in actually being proactive for one damn time instead of reacting to disasters with "I told you so!" People will cry and complain about deficits, and the effects today's spending will have on our grandchildren like that's an impending disaster, but let's just deny the existence of something that could potentially wipe out humanity.

The long term effects of climate change aren't simply saying "Oops a hurricane hit Florida in January. That's odd. We'll rebuild." We're talking about mass starvation. Uninhabitable climates. And instead of simply joining together to try to figure out what we could do to keep that from happening, or even to simply slow the process, we'd all just rather mock it and hijack it for political purposes. Hubris.
edit on 25-10-2018 by usernameconspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Do remember watching a Docu on the polar bear, they can swim 100 miles for hunting....

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

No sea wall will ever keep water out unless you repair it all the time It's nature, it has always been natural

My sea wall is in fine condition. Erosion is not making sea water come over the top of it more and more often.

Erosion is not making high tides higher.

edit on 10/26/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I'm still having a hard time believing that tens of thousands of scientists and hundreds of thousands of support staff, researchers, analysts, interns, college professors, etc are all in on the biggest conspiracy of all time.

It defies logic?

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No sea wall will ever keep water out unless you repair it all the time It's nature, it has always been natural

My sea wall is in fine condition. Erosion is not making sea water come over the top of it more and more often.

Erosion is not making high tides higher.

As I said, my observations do not show the tides are getting higher
Maybe you live in a natural depression or the land around you is sinking like Venice
Maybe it is in your head

I can't believe something I havnt seen, the tides are the same where I come from

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Maybe you live in a natural depression or the land around you is sinking like Venice

Nope.

I can't believe something I havnt seen,
Have you ever seen the Great Wall of China?

Have you seen the curve of the Earth?

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Never seen God either ...

Your point is mute, you say you have an issue with the water levels
That's great, I havnt seen it

Now I don't deny that people may have an adverse effect on the weather, that the weather is definetly changing
I havnt seen any evidence of water rising, higher tides, anything that suggests that the Pacific islands are going to be flooded
Considering it was supposed to have happened and it hasn't, I am dubious

Now you have two options, moan and bitch endlessly or accept I have a different view
Your choice

Isn't the earth flat?

posted on Oct, 26 2018 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Never seen God either ...
So you don't believe?

The word is "moot."
www.dictionary.com...

That's great, I havnt seen it
Right. And you don't believe it's happening because you haven't seen it.

Considering it was supposed to have happened and it hasn't, I am dubious
Actually, it is happening. Sea level is rising. Believe it... or don't.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join