It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps words today got me thinking.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Today in a speech condemning the bombs President Trump said "We will spare no resource or expense in this effort" and "acts or threats of political violence of any kind have no place in the U.S.A."...

What about all the people who die everyday that die in the U.S.A. that go unnoticed and swept under the rug. What makes the politicians so important, I know they represent us all but shouldn't everyone be important? We are all someone's son or daughter.
I know it is impossible to stop all violence but shouldn't we try by putting the full force of the Government into stopping all violence that happens to every citizen...

idk if we all started thinking that we are all special to someone then I think it would be a more peaceful Nation.

This is not a bash on President Trump either, it goes for all politicians. Democrats haven't tried stopping it either. President Trump just opened my eyes to the problem with that speech. I just know that we have to somehow change the worth of everyone making everybody important.

We have to make murderers realize before they pull the trigger that the person they are about to kill is special and irreplaceable.

I know this seems like a stupid thread but it is just not far that the rich and or famous are worth more then a homeless person. Rating people worthless may be bad because God may take a vacation as a homeless guy and then someone shoots him... Or something like that.

idk lol There are lots of holes in my post but it doesn't make the points untrue.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: watchandwait410

It's difficult for a nation which has killed over 60 million unborn in 40 years, legally, to claim they value lives.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

His words made me think why haven't the Democrats been saying it.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

That's true and we have to start somewhere but maybe it will catch on and cause less abortions.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

His words made me think why haven't the Democrats been saying it.

Me too, its is so obvious that it is dumb not to say it.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Some people and the media seem to think that our politicians are in a position of power when they are supposed to be in a position to serve.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

Some people and the media seem to think that our politicians are in a position of power when they are supposed to be in a position to serve.

When they turn that corner thinking how much power they have they immediately become the problem. The same with news anchors the only difference between me and them are mindless viewers.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

" I know it is impossible to stop all violence but shouldn't we try by putting the full force of the Government into stopping all violence that happens to every citizen..."

Yes it is , and that's the Job of Civilian Law Enforcement............Next Stupid Question Please ..........
edit on 24-10-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

" I know it is impossible to stop all violence but shouldn't we try by putting the full force of the Government into stopping all violence that happens to every citizen..."

Yes it is , and that's the Job of Civilian Law Enforcement............Next Stupid Question Please ..........

We have to change tactics somehow because that ain't working. It is a morality problem not just law enforcement problem. Many don't break the law because they are afraid of going to jail, they should morally say murder is bad instead. They should instead think hurting people is really wrong thus I won't hurt people.
edit on 24-10-2018 by watchandwait410 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

But as Chelsey said " It saved us Millions" POS

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
i am a trans black Muslim women. So my feelings and and any negative action to me is more important to any action to a cis white guy.

See what i did there ^^^^^^^ that statement is true to many people.

Some people ARE more important. Some people are more important in society and some people are more important as a voting block.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Odd i didn't think Trump w he s capable of causing any one to have any deep thoughts.

And well to be honest I'm not entirely sure i was wrong.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Odd i didn't think Trump w he s capable of causing any one to have any deep thoughts.

And well to be honest I'm not entirely sure i was wrong.

Deep thought is in the eye of the beholder. It could be big or small but to a person it comes as a revelation.

Just because they aren't incredible doesn't mean they aren't important.

Trump says things that makes deep thought but they are not always good.

That is why he won.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.

Doubtful.... If anything they are in on it and portraying it as such.

Easier to frame narratives how great or bad a leader is.

Besides we all know They get a script to read with the same talking points.

Remember a year or 2 ago how everyone all of the sudden used the word "gravitas"

They are an extension of the government

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Murder is not even close to top 10 leading causes of death. Did you know suicide takes the lives of about 3.5-4 times the amount of lives taken by murder? Suicide barely made the top 10 last year with about 45k deaths. I believe murders were around 17k last year. Violence is a problem but not as big a problem as the gun control nuts make.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

It has been my experience over the years that law enforcement is only good after the fact. Would be nice if they prevented criminal activity but that's just not there job. And as far as preventing violence the supreme court ruled. Few years back Law enforcement dont have to protect anyone. To serve and protect hants been the motto in law enforcement for years.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Trump know a fraud when he see it. He knows its BS. He experienced this kind of stuff during his run. He is just taking the high road and acting presidential.

Better yet is most of the public sees through it too after what they have witnessed the last few years.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420

Murder is not even close to top 10 leading causes of death. Did you know suicide takes the lives of about 3.5-4 times the amount of lives taken by murder? Suicide barely made the top 10 last year with about 45k deaths. I believe murders were around 17k last year. Violence is a problem but not as big a problem as the gun control nuts make.

Wow for some reason I thought it was more, still one is enough. Suicide would be less if the world was a better place but if you want to go how could you stop them.

Its not just murder that that I have a beef with, it is all violence that gets under my skin.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Not exactly. People dont commit suicide because the world is some aweful place. They off themselves often because they cannot comes to terms with not being the center of it.

A big reason all this suicide has increased has to do with this victim mentality flooding our society.... especially the youth.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410

originally posted by: cognizant420

Wow for some reason I thought it was more, still one is enough. Suicide would be less if the world was a better place but if you want to go how could you stop them.

Its not just murder that that I have a beef with, it is all violence that gets under my skin.

Don't sweat the small stuff.

Modern Medicine

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join