It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do we know about the pipebombs?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   
SO..what's the latest?

Were these devices REAL bombs that could have exploded?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Okay on CBS News (yeah I know) they said this bomb had pyrotechnic powder as the explosive and shards of glass inside a pvc tube.

Pretty much what has be described here. Fireworks mortars plugging the ends of a piece of pvc pipe. Good job all.
edit on 24-10-2018 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Okay on CBS News (yeah I know) they said this bomb had pyrotechnic powder as the explosive and shards of glass inside a pvc tube.

Pretty much what has be described here. Fireworks mortars plugging the ends of a piece of pvc pipe. Good job all.

What was supposed to be the trigger?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Honestly
even if i only replied to what was probably a misdirected reply

if

Right. Just shut up.

Got it.

is the new standard reply
then it only serves to reinforce the idea of
and
votes
this is a text book example

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

They did not say.

My guess is that there was no trigger and those oversized wires are Sharpie colored fuses of the fireworks themselves.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
You definitely don't build a pipe bomb this way.

Is what I learned.

news.sky.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar
PVC tube can be very nasty stuff if used the "right" way. There are anti-personnel devices that are largely made of hard plastics and they've been around for years. They have an "advantage" in that they're very hard to find with metal detectors.

"Pyrotechnic powder" is very vague, but we could say we're looking at a substance that has (say) an expansion rate of eg 11,000 to 16,000 times its original volume on ignition -- ie when converted from a solid to a gas. That's a modest figure; it could be higher than that, which can make for a very potent device, with even a few atmospheres over-pressure in a smaller environment.

Two atmospheres over pressure will blow out windows, easy.

However the wiring is just stupid, to be frank. You only need a pair of wires to the detonator, and they don't need to be that heavy. Those wires could take maybe a couple of amps with no issues and that's way more than needed. And they normally are kept as a pair and run in through one entry point in such a simple device. And as for using red and black.. Duhh... Why make things simple for any disposal expert? Make all the wires the same color, so only the maker knows (by looking) what wire is what. Basic stuff, but not Hollywood -- and that's the key here, I think.

Speaking of Hollywood, that digital clock looks like something out of an early 1990s movie. It's just absurd. Why the heck would anyone use a clock on a device that requires manipulation to initiate? Heck, it's a letter bomb, not a time bomb. And just by the way, it should be in a carton, not a freaking envelope! Digital clocks are fragile, right?

Totally a symbolic device, IMHO. No way it was set up to detonate. If it was, you'd have to be nuts to just take pics of it. Yes, it's a small device but it could still remove a big chunk of your skull if it was a proper bomb. I wouldn't want to be within 50 feet of the thing if it was even remotely likely it could go off. Not without a lot of protective gear, anyway -- and I have no training in wearing all that kit.

These are fake bombs, IMO. And very poorly made ones. Utter crap, but good enough for the MSM masses, I guess. Sigh... Good to see ATS members are pulling this whole thing to pieces. Just wish more folks would do likewise.
edit on 24/10/18 by JustMike because: I fixed some typos.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Coffee creamer is a pyrotechnic powder.

edit on 24-10-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

The word used is crude.

X-rays. Apparently:
news.sky.com...
edit on 10/24/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96
You're absolutely right, Neo.

When I first saw those images of thse so-called bombs, I actually laughed out loud.

I bet the bomb disposal crews who got called out for these things (if they really did) went home and chuckled totheir partners, "I got some great extra pay today for the best milk-run of a job I've ever had!"

link   

This whole thing reeks of fake.

Fake Mail
Fake ISIS flag
Fake bomb with fake wires and a fake timer

The whole thing is utter fail other than the reaction created in the news and probably social media.

link   
they are based on a thought guided...thought controlled weapons system. But you must rember to think in Russian. You cannot think in English. You must think in Russian.

link   
Man they shoulda asked Clockboy for some pointers.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Crude?

IT's laughable.

If it was a clock timer the wire gauge difference is problematic.

The Wile E Coyote loop running through the pipe is a joke.

Geezus.

Amateur doesn't even big to cover it.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

They did not say.

My guess is that there was no trigger and those oversized wires are Sharpie colored fuses of the fireworks themselves.

Thank-you! Based on your information, combined with what Justice Andrew Napolitano said today, it's time for a new Domestic Terrorism thread.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Alrighty then. That's good enough for me. Settled.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
BTW..what the hell is wrong with Governor Cuomo? I heard him say this morning that a BOMB was sent to his office.

This afternoon, NYPD said that he lied.

Story: news.vice.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   

NYPD said that he lied.

No. That's not what NYPD said.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Phage, I don't need coaching on those basics, but thanks anyway. If I had the materials at hand, I could put togegther a "crude" device in an hour. One that would actually work. So could plenty of people on this site. Those things weren't just "crude", they were a friggin joke.

Ok?

That x-ray image. Look at the gauge of the wire "coil" inside. You'd need to put a heap of amps through that to get enough heat for ignition of even a very simple explosive -- like eg black powder. And that "coil" is so badly set up that at least half of it would be non-functioning. There are far, far easier ways to set up a simple heat-generating, low-amp detonator than what they have there. I will not detail here. You want to know, PM me.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Donald Trump jr has admitted to setting it all up !
i'm joe king...

General news reports are stunned and are being wary
Trump is saying internal terrorism (!) straight out

As an aside,
could one lobby for the recognition
of a St Donald's day ?

Where people dress in orange ...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join