It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do we know about the pipebombs?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: muzzleflash

Yes it's illegal (theft) to knowingly open a parcel addressed to someone else without their consent.

Off to court with 'em then.

I don't really think a prosecutor would go after a case similar to this - eg guy at office opens some other guy's mail.

The only way I think there would be an actual criminal charge filed is if he kept the package and took no action to send it to it's rightful owner (which is where theft comes into play).

So yes, this is borderline because whoever this is opening other people's mail bombs is very rude and has a questionable mindset. I would definitely want to question this guy about why the hell he felt it was ok to open that package.

Lesson to be learned here - don't open other people's mail bombs. Hehehe

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Brennan doesn't even work there.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

My bosse's assistant opens his mail.

Off to court with her!

Consent is a keyword here.

If you're my neighbor and go on vacation and ask me to not only pick up your mail but open it and check it for you that's totally fine and acceptable.

Consent and also, intent are important factors when determining any criminality.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

My bosse's assistant opens his mail.

Off to court with her!

That's nothing Phage , i have trained my neighbors to go shopping and do other tricks

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   

So given the fact that John Brennan didn't receive this parcel, then we can assume that Jim Acosta might have some legal explaining to do.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Brennan doesn't even work there.

That's why I think it's so weird.

If you want my honest opinion I don't think the average person in an office setting would open the package.

If anyone felt it was suspicious I think they'd just call the cops and let it sit there until the authorities arrived to investigate.

Opening it is a huge ??? for me.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Ok.

Package for Brennan shows up at CNN (for some reason). Someone knows Brennan (feasible) and gives him a ring; "Hey John. Debbie sent you a package. Want to come get it?"

"Open it up for me, k?"

Or send the culprit to court!

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

only the mailbox is protected not the letter

You are incorrect.

18 U.S. Code § 1702

Whoever takes any letter, postal card, or package out of any post office or any authorized depository for mail matter, or from any letter or mail carrier, or which has been in any post office or authorized depository, or in the custody of any letter or mail carrier, before it has been delivered to the person to whom it was directed, with design to obstruct the correspondence, or to pry into the business or secrets of another, or opens, secretes, embezzles, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both.

That law pertains to USPS mail specifically.

But notice it says "OR" and is explicit that the actual packaging or letter itself is protected too.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Ok.

Package for Brennan shows up at CNN (for some reason). Someone knows Brennan (feasible) and gives him a ring; "Hey John. Debbie sent you a package. Want to come get it?"

"Open it up for me, k?"

That story of yours really could make Brennan out to be a really evil guy if he knew what was in the box.

Either way, the questions of why and who opened the parcel should be looked at, as well as the carrier service that accepted and then delivered it to CNN.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Seems pretty USPS specific. Then there's this:

with design to obstruct the correspondence, or to pry into the business or secrets of another, or opens, secretes, embezzles, or destroys the same,

edit on 10/24/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Either way, the questions of why and who opened the parcel should be looked at, as well as the carrier service that accepted and then delivered it to CNN.

No doubt the FBI has done so.

link   

Ok.

"Open it up for me, k?"

That's a Straw Man fallacy, I never said send them to court per se, I just said it's bizarre and it is definitely taking on an aura of questionable and possibly criminal intent.

My posts have been very lenient so I'm wondering are you making a joke?
Your sense of humor is very tough for me to catch sometimes.

link   

Which is why the question of ; "is it illegal to open up another persons parcel if it is delivered through a nontraditional delivery service?"

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Seems pretty USPS specific. Then there's this:

with design to obstruct the correspondence, or to pry into the business or secrets of another, or opens, secretes, embezzles, or destroys the same,

"Pry into the business of another"

That means just opening letters cuz hey, I wonder what's in there?
It's reckless and irresponsible.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:38 PM
link   

My posts have been very lenient so I'm wondering are you making a joke?

Yeah.
My version of the Red Queen, applied to the circumstances.

Hey, I could have said "Lock him up!"

It's reckless and irresponsible.
Not to mention dangerous.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

I don't know if this is the right place to put this, but to add to the whole...this is a really suspicious event thing...

Why is the media jumping to call this suspect the "Magabomber"?

All that does is demonize Trump and all his supporters. As if democrats don't already hate republicans...

I do not care for a single thing Trump has done in office, but I respect the guy a little and most of his supporters. Just like I respected Obama and most of the democrat supporters. I myself don't consider myself a member of either party, but have views on both sides of the argument.

I just can't believe or understand that they threw this name out there just because it targeted democrats and CNN. What the heck, media? Propaganda, much?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday

Which is why the question of ; "is it illegal to open up another persons parcel if it is delivered through a nontraditional delivery service?"

Yes it is.

And on top of that, it's illegal for me to hack your phone and read your texts.
It's illegal for me to get into your email and read your emails.

This is super basic common sense stuff here.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mysticrecluse

Blame twitter, not the media.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Here's what a free lawyer says:

UPS is a private company. USPS is a federal government entity. The federal government makes tampering with the mail while the mail is in the government's care a federal criminal offense. There is no similar protection for items handled by private companies.

There are laws against stealing, robbing, etc. that would apply if a person does something to the items.

www.avvo.com...

And then, there's this, specific to the USPS. What's your take?

It is indeed legal. Postal regulations say that mail delivered to an organization, even if addressed to a specific person, is delivered to the organization itself, and the organization can decide how to distribute it from there.

www.askamanager.org...

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This is CNN we are talking about. Open package on desk then take a picture of it. What a Boom to ratings !

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join