It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It seems that Darwinism becoming outdated and obsolete.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

If your god is all knowing an all powerful. He would not make a biological form that for example has bits that are no longer required (vestigial), or make heads of a child about to be born, larger than the mother can easily cope with. He'd not make DNA so susceptible to mutation, and scrambling.

Either your diety is a poor workman OR he did not create life.

QED

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

What proteins are involved?

I'm neither a biochemist or a geneticist. I already told you that.

How do humans come from hominids?
Gradually.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Ahh of course you would know, being home schooled and all that? I will include alinkaimed at your ability level (I gauge this ability level of yours, based upon how you show your understanding of science here in ATS)

However the method is as follows:

Make an observation or observations.
Ask questions about the observations and gather information.
Form a hypothesis — a tentative description of what's been observed, and make predictions based on that hypothesis.
Test the hypothesis and predictions in an experiment that can be reproduced.
Analyze the data and draw conclusions; accept or reject the hypothesis or modify the hypothesis if necessary.
Reproduce the experiment until there are no discrepancies between observations and theory. "Replication of methods and results is my favorite step in the scientific method," Moshe Pritsker, a former post-doctoral researcher at Harvard Medical School and CEO of JoVE, told Live Science. "The reproducibility of published experiments is the foundation of science. No reproducibility – no science."

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Humans ARE hominids. So its not gradual, we are them.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Have you ever read the Bible in its entirety?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Sounds to me that you believe in something you don't understand. You cant even give an overview.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I ask in all seriousness, why you think specific proteins are involved? Evolution is mediated via changes to the DNA. DNA (via RNA) codes (for the most part) for protiens. THUS a change to DNA may result in a change to protein. Protiens are what (for the most part) give us form.

A commonly held up example is the SNP (single nucleotide polymorphisms ie a change of a single nucleic acid, in a specific part of the DNA might change the amino acid being coded for, to one of a vastly different characteristic). Thus in the case of many heamoglobin mutations, a single amino acid change from a polar amino acid to a non polar or one which has a structural effect in the structure of a protien. The upshot might be the result of Sickle Cell or another common mutation, or it might be deadly.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:04 PM
link   

So these changes in DNA are mediated by amino acids? How does one species become another?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Yes. I have read the catholic version too. I've read the Torah, I've read the Quran. I've read the Rigveda. I've read the Havamal. I have extensively read the extant Irish myths and legends (and the bible, Torah and other books are nothing more than that) in Old Irish as well as several translations. I like reading myths and legends, it gives me insights to the peoples who wrote them.

What is your point. I'm a Pagan, not a Christian. I'm a polytheist, and a scientist (I work in science, for a good wage).

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:10 PM
link   

No. Go google. DNA (via RNA) codes for amino acids. Amino Acids make up protiens. Most of what makes a living thing, a living thing is protien, as it gives them their physical forms.

Species become other species, but accruing enough mutations to be considered different. However what was once said to be a species barrier, was decided before we knew about DNA and how it works. Oh and before someone says we've never seen speciation. We have.

Your point is what? I'm suggest you go educate yourself in the very basics of genetics.

link   
double post
edit on 24-10-2018 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Noinden

If your god is all knowing an all powerful. He would not make a biological form that for example has bits that are no longer required (vestigial), or make heads of a child about to be born, larger than the mother can easily cope with.

Why wouldn't He? An all-knowing and all-powerful God can create a biological form that has all those errors and more. The two ideas are not mutually exclusive.

God did not declare that His creation was perfect, He said that it was good.

He'd not make DNA so susceptible to mutation, and scrambling.

Why wouldn't He?

Either your diety is a poor workman OR he did not create life.

God is the ultimate biologist, physicist and mathematician. We are only beginning to understand how interwoven our universe is, every stone we turn over opens up new intricacies and connections. It's really humbling how well it all works.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Your god is claimed to have said that his creation was good. His definition of good is off.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Just curious.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

I was forthcoming. Apparently you can't be. I am sure I satisfied some preconceived notion you had.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Your god is claimed to have said that his creation was good. His definition of good is off.

No, I'd say yours is.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Well thats some strong debating skills you have /sarc Its on the Pewee Herman level.

Again, there is no evidence a supreme being createdd anything. Mind you my polytheistic faith does not make such claims, so I must be biased. Just like a a scientist I must be a stooge.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
a reply to: Phantom423

Because there is no such thing as random

Oh really?
I'm going to go flip a coin 10 times, what will the outcome be?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Well thats some strong debating skills you have /sarc Its on the Pewee Herman level.

Oh, we're having a debate? Since you didn't answer any of my questions* and instead just made an opinionated statement I interpreted that you were being snarky and in no mood for conversation.

*(I asked "Why wouldn't He?" twice)

Again, there is no evidence a supreme being createdd anything. Mind you my polytheistic faith does not make such claims, so I must be biased. Just like a a scientist I must be a stooge.

*shrug* Whatever floats your boat. As a fellow scientist (but a monotheist) I don't think you are a stooge, but I do think you are (edit) narrow-minded. I wouldn't be surprised if you thought the same of me.

edit on 24-10-2018 by Teikiatsu because: close-minded -> narrow minded

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Wow! For someone whom I think considers themselves Christian, ( I may very well be wrong, and if so I apologize), you are very angry and toxic. I wonder if Jesus talked to people like that? I mean, I’m sure the dude got frustrated sometimes,( something to do with flipping some tables over?) but I thought Christians were all about love, acceptance, not judging and turning the other cheek. I don’t know, just something I heard somewhere, who knows......

edit on 10.24.2018 by SituationNAFU because: To make me happy

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join