It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Must Denounce This!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
No I don't, and you don't have to either.

I see quite often around here this notion that we should be denouncing any and all stupid things coming from "our side" otherwise we're somehow guilty of it ourselves. Why can't a stupid person doing something stupid, be just that?

We have people making threads just to see if others will denounce something stupid. We have people themselves making threads just to let other people know they're denouncing something stupid.

But why though?

Maybe it's just me. Maybe I don't care enough to be wasting my energy trying to appease other people -- you shouldn't either. There's something to be said about having enough confidence in yourself that the opinions of others have absolutely no affect on you.

Look, I understand broad stroking rhetoric is something we're all guilty of (me included), but anyone with half a brain-cell should understand the act of one person doesn't represent the acts of all. So to me, all this extra effort trying to appease one another seems quite desperate, and quite frankly, a bit phony.

Don't mind me though..

/r

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

I now officially denounce this post!

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

I denounce your denouncing of this post!

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Because for some, the cultural presumptions have completely flipped.

One is no longer presumed to be 'good'. You almost have to prove your 'goodness' all of the time, everywhere. God help you if there is ANY historical evidence (however small), or allegation (however unfounded), of you behaving badly, it is now enough to define who you were...who you are...and who you will always be. And if none of those things things apply, you're still bad because of your 'associations', however thin those might be.

The internet is forever.

Who knew puritanism could be both a left and right thing?

edit on 24-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Totally agree!

Glad some people can still see through the fog.

Left, right, we all have our crazies. They don't sum us up, at all.
The one's who push these ideas, don't care about right or wrong, just an agenda.

Anyway,

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
Totally agree!

The one's who push these ideas, don't care about right or wrong, just an agenda.

Anyway,

Yea, making obvious partisan posts is bad. Only bad people do that.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Totally agree!

Anyway,

You are so in love with me.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I agree, it seems to have become quite common around here. S&F

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Wait, what?

No, you're not allowed to agree with me. We are sworn enemies and I am your arch-nemesis, now go back and edit that post and tell me I am falling for the psy-op!!

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

I not only denounce this post and your denouncement of my denouncement, but I denounce all denouncing of my denouncement for all time and in all universes known and unknown.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I guess we don't disagree on everything after all...

Oh sorry. Stop falling for the psyop!

Ok, now things are back to normal and less weird.

edit on 10/24/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It’s how Twitchfork mobs form so quickly - dogpiling to call the latest controversy the worst thing since canned macaroni.

I prefer to grab a stool and watch the melee.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: loam

You make some really great points, all of which are very true. But I think it's a bit different here on ATS, considering we're a bunch of random people hiding behind our avatars in anonymity.

Again, maybe it's just me, but I could care less if somebody thinks differently of me for not denouncing something -- especially if it has absolutely nothing to do with me. Because if they're ignorant enough to attribute guilt based off of nothing other than association, then their opinion is moot to me anyway.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Totally agree!

Anyway,

You are so in love with me.

is this enough for me to join the movement?

#metoo?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   
There must be a way this victimizes me.

Youre a big bad man, go away

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 03:54 PM
link   

I agree. Asking people to denounce things is dumb. Me a week ago:

originally posted by: theantediluvian

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: theantediluvian

Once she has filed a police report and we have some names accused as well as the facts, I'll happily denounce it.

You don't have to denounce *anything* for my sake. Excepting rare circumstances, expecting folks to denounce the actions of others is dumb # resulting from political conditioning.

But yeah, if you're one of those people who *does* expect other folks to denounce the actions of others, then yeah, don't be a hypocrite.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   

I'm not going to denounce or apologize for crap other people do. I will accept responsibility for my own actions, not others.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

im just getting tired of the hypocrisy of lumping all "dems" in a. bunch when one mentalist does or says something, but in the event of the slightest hint of some nut case from the "right" does or says somthing mental, its all of a sudden a question of distinguishing the good ones from the bad ones....

this goes for mass shootings, or hate crimes, or racial slurs etc...

its like clockwork...the right leaning ats quickly posts mea culpas the moment a nut job from the right manage to make fox news (god forbid) singing kumbaya calling for rational thinking... yet go low if they go high is a call for crucifixion for the "dems".

thanks for proving 'cognitive dissonance' over and over and over... confirmation bias is the best!

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

originally posted by: watchitburn

I not only denounce this post and your denouncement of my denouncement, but I denounce all denouncing of my denouncement for all time and in all universes known and unknown.

Damn, you win this time.

But there will be others!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join