It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Grand Political Conspiracy.... it is not what you think it is.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
This might be a little long and drawn out but bear with me.

Obviously on this website there have been countless discussions numbering in the thousands both in favor and against the Russia investigation. I am keeping my personal beliefs about "collusion" out of this discussion as I don't believe it adds to the conversation. Anyone who has seen me post on here knows how I feel about it. I will defer that question to whatever the investigation releases at the conclusion. Anything at this point is speculation at best..

This is all rather irrelevant though... I do not believe that is the end-game of foreign involvement (I will say Russian going forward but it is certainly not limited to them) in our election process. The end game is dividing our country into various politically-charged, angry and frustrated factions who are turning on one another exactly as they want us to.

I live in quiet little New Hampshire.. except for the whole First Primary thing, you don't hear about us very often. I used to work with a guy whose goal in life was to bring a voice to what he calls the 80% of Americans who reside in the middle - politically. They consist of the vast majority of Americans who want America to be successful, who want to live their lives and enjoy their families like everyone else. They either agree or disagree with the direction that our country is heading but when all is said and done, they are not so extreme that they cannot find compromise among one another.

On the moderate left (which makes up a VAST majority of the left), they are not for open, un-vetted borders but they are for immigration reform and they are for bringing some humanity back into the immigration process. They are not for taking away your guns, they are for common-sense gun legislation that takes gun from the mentally ill (for example). They are not for endless welfare programs drowning our country in debt but they are definitely for keeping the safety nets in place and helping our fellow Americans when they are down on their luck. They are not for giving the LGBT community special rights, they are for equality and for everyone having equal protections under the law.

On the moderate right (which again make up a VAST majority of the right), they are not Nazis. They are not white supremacists. They do not hate LGBT folks. They do not hate homosexuals. They are not bigots. They are not racists. They are Americans just like the moderate left who want to live their lives, be prosperous and support their families to the best of their abilities.

Just like the saying is that the squeaky wheel gets the grease. The loudest among us get the most publicity. The most extreme among us get their time in the spotlight for no other reason except that they are sensationalist who bring in clicks, page views and TV/Radio ratings. The problem is that virtually EVERY media outlet ON BOTH SIDES OF THE POLITICAL SPECTRUM whether it be online, television or radio is all out for profit... they don't care about the repercussions. In fact it is the opposite, the crazier the repercussions are, the higher the ratings! The higher the clicks and page views. The goal of the media companies on both sides are in direct conflict with what our country needs right now. I am not just trying to rail against the media because they are what they are.. they are corporate entities trying to make a profit.

Take the Russia investigation as an example. Regardless of how you feel about it, it has almost inevitably caused some kind of social conflict for you in your life during the past two years. You've most likely argued with friends, family and complete strangers on ATS about whether or not it is legit or whether it is a sham. It has divided America into two distinct groups and it has thrown a giant wedge in our country which has done nothing positive, it has only weakened our country to the point where actions like today's attempted bombings happen.

Next you take events like today that targeted news outlets and various public officials on the left. I am sure there will be wild speculation on both sides as who is responsible for this. Actions like this do our country absolutely nothing positive. In fact, it serves the same purpose as the Russia investigation, it serves to divide us and drive that wedge deeper into our society.

Vladamir Putin released a statement recently that said the United States' time as a dominant world power is coming to and end. I do not believe personally that is true but with endless situations that further divide us appearing almost daily, we very well might end up heading in that direction. Say we find out that these bombs were the act of a right-wing radical (for example)... there will be websites on the right saying this is a plot by the left to make them look bad... (its already happened on ATS).... there will be an equal number of websites saying that the violence on the right is getting worse under Trump to attack the left. More division. Both sides contribute to it. Both sides are complicit in it. Both sides feed it.

The most dangerous (and arguably the most ingenious) part of this conspiracy is that we've gotten to the point where all the Russians (for example) have to do is plant the seed and the media and the websites will run with it and plaster it far and wide ON BOTH SIDES. Social media will be littered with false articles whose sole purpose is to work either side up into a frenzy against one another. You have the Huffington Posts on one side, the VOX's, the Atlantic's, the Slates of the left spreading the anger and the hatred.... then you have the Breitbarts, the Big League Politics, the Daily Caller's of the world spreading the hate and the anger on the right.

We all need to step back and take a long, hard look at who this benefits... here is a hint, it does NOT benefit any American, it does not benefit any of our global allies... it only benefits the Russias, the Chinas and the North Koreas of the world who want nothing more than to see us collapse into civil war and chaos.

Sorry for the long post.. take care ATS!
edit on 24-10-2018 by DoubleDNH because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DoubleDNH

Here is a key to really understanding media. You point out

In fact it is the opposite, the crazier the repercussions are, the higher the ratings!

One of the things that conservative America has been concerned with over the last few decades at least is the idea that the globalists need to demolish the United States. That we need to be taken down to size so that the rest of the world can pick at our bones. That the globalists want US dominance in the world to be curtailed and our influence as the number one big boy in the world needs to end.

To this end, conservatives rail against liberalism which is seen as being globalist. That liberals want a weaker America so that we no longer stand for American strength and power. This is an understandable concern.

But what if this globalist scheme is not only being worked through liberalism. What if it is being worked just if not more strongly through conservative political positions. What if the polarization of American citizens is all part of the globalist plans. Weaken America by turning them on each other.

If this is a possibility then can we not see how Trump is acting either willingly or ignorantly to that globalist end? Isolationism. Pulling out of international treaties. Promoting and ''loving'' dictators around the world. Can we not see this possibility?

While we should all be on watch for the globalism offered by international corporations, we might also be on the watch for globalization from international mafias, though in the end, aren't they the same thing?
We do not want one world run by one corporation. At the same time we should not want a world run by a conglomeration of feudal fiefdoms.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire

Here is a key to really understanding media. You point out

In fact it is the opposite, the crazier the repercussions are, the higher the ratings!

One of the things that conservative America has been concerned with over the last few decades at least is the idea that the globalists need to demolish the United States. That we need to be taken down to size so that the rest of the world can pick at our bones. That the globalists want US dominance in the world to be curtailed and our influence as the number one big boy in the world needs to end.

To this end, conservatives rail against liberalism which is seen as being globalist. That liberals want a weaker America so that we no longer stand for American strength and power. This is an understandable concern.

But what if this globalist scheme is not only being worked through liberalism. What if it is being worked just if not more strongly through conservative political positions. What if the polarization of American citizens is all part of the globalist plans. Weaken America by turning them on each other.

If this is a possibility then can we not see how Trump is acting either willingly or ignorantly to that globalist end? Isolationism. Pulling out of international treaties. Promoting and ''loving'' dictators around the world. Can we not see this possibility?

While we should all be on watch for the globalism offered by international corporations, we might also be on the watch for globalization from international mafias, though in the end, aren't they the same thing?
We do not want one world run by one corporation. At the same time we should not want a world run by a conglomeration of feudal fiefdoms.

You make a few good points. I disagree though that the goal you state is the goal of the vast majority of liberals in America. I am certain that some do believe that is the end game but again, the ones who espouse these ideals are invariably the loudest and get the most airtime because they are controversial. Media today (ON BOTH SIDES)has become nothing more than ShockJocks. Joe Liberal Doctor in podunk, kentucky does not want a weaker America. He wants his rights protected,he wants the rights of his gay son protected, he wants the rights of his wife protected. He wants to put a delicious meal on his table for his family every night. He wants to be successful in his job and he wants his fellow Americans to have success.

Just like Joe Conservative Doctor wants. He does not want to hand the country weakened in any way, shape or form. There is certainly a small percentage on the left that do and they get the air time... they do not come remotely close to making up a majority of liberals in America.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I was interested until I read your list of things the moderate left allegedly supports and nothing in the following paragraph of what the moderate right supports. It would seem your bias is showing through, no matter how unintentionally.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lab4Us
I was interested until I read your list of things the moderate left allegedly supports and nothing in the following paragraph of what the moderate right supports. It would seem your bias is showing through, no matter how unintentionally.

Then correct it. I am at work so my ability to type out as much as I did was limited. I certainly lean liberal in politics but feel free to correct it or add to it. I still stand by the underlying point I was making. What I was trying to get across is that the vast majority of both sides do not fit into the extremist bubbles that the opposing side tries to put them in.

The vast majority of the left does not want free, unregulated access across the border ... if you read on ATS even, you would not get that impression nor would you on any of the right wing news sites out there.

The vast majority of the right does not want to deny rights to women, homosexuals or anyone in the lgbt community ... which is contrary to what you would read on an equally extreme left wing news site.

Perhaps I was not clear enough but that was my general point in that paragraph.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Talk about a Zeitgeist!

I just finished posting along similar lines in another thread.

Yes, I think we are beginning to see the “strings” that are being pulled, and the puppetmasters are not necessarily who we have been lead to believe they were.

I only hope we’ve caught on to the truth before it’s too late; before we dance into the fire we’ve been made to set for ourselves.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
This is exactly what I've been talking about for over 2 years now. Those in power just got a huge permanent tax cut, they're winning. While they take money to the bank we're arguing over whether someone is an Indian or not or whether someone else is a man/woman.

We're being misled by the media into inconsequential social issues, while we argue they make policy behind closed doors which is barely mentioned by the media. People on this website should know better than to fall for this crap.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
This is exactly what I've been talking about for over 2 years now. Those in power just got a huge permanent tax cut, they're winning. While they take money to the bank we're arguing over whether someone is an Indian or not or whether someone else is a man/woman.

We're being misled by the media into inconsequential social issues, while we argue they make policy behind closed doors which is barely mentioned by the media. People on this website should know better than to fall for this crap.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner! I don't think that the media is the man behind the curtain though. They are just a tool of opposition forces seeking to divide us and pit us against one another. And it has been quite successful.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:54 PM
link   

The media takes its orders from those who have the kind of money needed to give orders. The media is just another puppet show to radicalize us with their obvious partisan bias and sensationalism. Trump is the lapdog, he owed nearly a billion to the banks in the 90's, I'm sure he still owes them in one way or another.

Trump is playing his part by being the conduit for all of this conflict and division. He's following his marching orders.
edit on 10/24/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I agree Double. Most liberals and most conservatives want the US to be better and to work together to that end.
So when I talk about the globalist agenda it is the drive of the globalists to turn moderate liberals and moderate conservatives into rabid versions of those belief systems. It is the extremism on both ends that I am suggesting is the game that is being fomented by those who want to weaken the US.

The picture that comes to my mind is of a large rally, a protest if you will. People lined up facing each other on either side of an invisible line. Those facing one another can engage in constructive conversation but for those in the back of the crowd on both sides tossing stink bombs into the center of the crowd. Both sides then blame those right in front of them rather than joining together to rout out the extremist perps behind them.

What was that old song line. ''Getting so much resistence from behind.'' ''Something Happening Here'' I think by the Youngbloods.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

What if the polarization of American citizens is all part of the globalist plans. Weaken America by turning them on each other.

Your whole post kinda hit the nail on the head, but this part really stuck out to me. Divide and conquer, working like a charm. We need to rise above the bs

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

I love this song, the lyrics are surprisingly relevant even today. It's been happening for a while, we continue falling for it though.
edit on 10/24/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Well said! I agree that the end game is about dividing Americans, and the media is leading the charge with constant hate messages from both sides. I've been around since Eisenhower, and I've never seen politics become so toxic. Very sad for all the 80% of folks in the middle, who are still bullied by the intolerant, extreme opposition. When people like Maxine Waters calls for violence against republicans, she opens the door to some pretty ugly activity...

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I'm in that eighty percent that just wants to live my life. . I want our country and economy to be real and secure. That is not what I have been seeing happening for years now. Maybe the young and middle aged people cannot comprehend what it was like back in the sixties and seventies, it was fun and our economy was real and stable. Jobs were abundant and a person could earn a living wage. Healthcare was not expensive either.

So what happened, why did we ship our manufacturing jobs to other countries? Now a major employer is our healthcare industry which is plagued with deceit and society is protecting a fake economy and a very flawed negative way of life. The churches used to help the poor and needy, they did it at way less cost than our government does. People helped their neighbors, and that went down the tube, now the government is involved and that gets real expensive.

The people running the government programs can take a good idea and turn it super expensive and fill it with regulations to make it hard to do. The workers for those programs can see it is severely flawed, but they have no input, the ones at the top will not reason.

Honestly, I think that the goal of some powerful people is to make us all weak so a plague can kill us all. They do not tell people the whole truth about things. The government agencies running our nutrition and overlooking our foods are brainwashed beyond belief, so are many of the farmers in this country. You need to look at all properties of food to judge it's healthfulness. They are letting us get sick so we support the main industry in this country, healthcare.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 05:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

But we don't.

Fact # 1: Everything they talk about in the media is either fake or a used as a smoke screen/decoy.

Until we can fully grasp Fact 1 we will never make progress.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Could be the whole left right thing is just played out for the sake of the people. Not a new idea. How could there be such a thing as an organic rise of a POTUS be it whatever it is? Could we really still have that much room as "we the people in order to form......"

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore
Rise above it. I'm trying, but it's hard. Those very beliefs that I hold won't let it happen easily. Almost like thinking that the truth will set you free. But does it really? When we think we have found the truth, rather tan setting us free, it binds us, hold us tight to it's ideology. Keep believing, keep believing. Man it's hard.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

United we stand...
Divided we fall..

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   

With you 100%. That is absolutely what is going on.

If we the people will stand together. We could accomplish such amazing things.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 05:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: zardust

With you 100%. That is absolutely what is going on.

If we the people will stand together. We could accomplish such amazing things.

I find it very telling that many of the ATSers who are in most of the most vile political posts on here have not piped in on this.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join