It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriot Act Expansion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Two threads on the top page about legislating genders but no mention of this. What the hell has happened to this place? So an expansion of the Patriot Act which would allow banks law enforcement and businesses to share your private financial information amongst one another with no warrant required has been quietly snuck into a bill meant to target human trafficking. I mean hey who doesn’t want to stop human trafficking right. Well if you say it’s to protect the little children then I suppose you we should gladly give up our right to privacy.

Ok let’s get back to disscussing the important stuff like what lies in the trousers of others.
edit on 24-10-2018 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
Two threads on the top page about legislating genders but no mention of this. What the hell has happened to this place? So an expansion of the Patriot Act which would allow banks and businesses to share your private financial information amongst one another with no warrant required has been quietly snuck into a bill meant to target human trafficking. I mean hey who doesn’t want to stop human trafficking right. Well if you say it’s to protect the little children then I suppose you we should gladly give up our right to privacy.

Ok let’s get back to disscussing the important stuff like what lies in the trousers of others.

Did Devin Nunes author it? Wouldn't surprise me. He is always there to sign the surveillience bill.

The government is like a long episode of the office. Where Michael Scott finds the evidence of what his signature has done and goes to the police not realizing it's his fault.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Everything the government does is ok now because Trump is in office.

Didn’t you know.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

That's somewhat weird. I'd think Human traffickers would be dealing exclusively in cash and commodities like drugs. I'd also think they would be laundering the money overseas or via legitimate business ventures in the US.

Odd this.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I don't know how much more they can expand on the Patriot Act.
The NSA already has complete unfettered access to every bit of information on the planet.
What now ? they gave them legal authority to read our minds?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I don't remember anyone on here ever supporting the Patriot Act.

People need to contact their representatives and anyone running for office next month and let them know that their votes depend on them opposing this.

But leave it to the leftist tools to make this partisan.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

maybe this is why bombs were sent in the mail today, to bring this up...

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Well, we gotta watch out for those transgendered trying to rape everyone and don't forget about the caravan of people coming to inject thousands of MS-13 gang members into our country. It's all being done by the democrats to make trump lose! But he has to WIN. MAGA!

His motto should be "make America dumb again". MADA.

Trump even convinced the so-called conspiracy theorists on here that Saudi Arabia is okay. No worries about them. We are getting money from them and that's all that matters.

ATS people are now anti-transparency if it means MAGA and the president says we're Winning. Forget that trump hired an anti-environmentalist to the EPA.

Why not? Let's just become like CHINA because it means more money. Screw individual freedoms and the health of the land, we are winning!!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

You're ignorance is staggering to behold!

Do you know what the "HR" in the title of legislation means?

I'll give you a hint. It tells you where the proposed bill originated.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
According to the OP:

clears non-profits of any liability for reporting information they know to be false or even purposefully malicious, or motivated by racial, ethnic, religious animus, or for personal, political, or financial gain.

Wait... whaaaa?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Here are the fungi that made this possible...

Rep. Wagner, Ann [R-MO-2] (sponsor)

Rep. Maloney, Carolyn B. [D-NY-12]* 09/06/2018
Rep. Love, Mia B. [R-UT-4]* 09/06/2018
Rep. Walters, Mimi [R-CA-45] 09/13/2018
Rep. Sinema, Kyrsten [D-AZ-9] 09/13/2018
Rep. Tenney, Claudia [R-NY-22] 09/13/2018
Rep. Paulsen, Erik [R-MN-3] 09/26/2018
Rep. Grothman, Glenn [R-WI-6] 09/26/2018

How did this even pass the HOUSE?
edit on 24-10-2018 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainbowPhoenix
Two threads on the top page about legislating genders but no mention of this. What the hell has happened to this place? So an expansion of the Patriot Act which would allow banks law enforcement and businesses to share your private financial information amongst one another with no warrant required has been quietly snuck into a bill meant to target human trafficking. I mean hey who doesn’t want to stop human trafficking right. Well if you say it’s to protect the little children then I suppose you we should gladly give up our right to privacy.

Just part of the reason that I deal in cash as much as possible. I do have a bank account but keep as little in there as possible. I figure the old timers that lived through the Great Depression knew how to survive a financial crisis. Stuff those mattresses full of cash, folks!

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Or--and hear me out--a better way to bring this to our attention would be to whine about no one else bringing it to our attention while barely discussing the issue in your OP.

If you complain about a lack of decent substance on ATS, be the change that you want.

As for the Patriot Act, very few people on ATS want that thing to exist, and any expansion to it is a bad thing.

But seriously, complaining that no one else has started a thread on something that you find interesting is rather...odd.

ETA:

This reflects my thoughts on it perfectly:

Ms. VELA´ ZQUEZ. Mr. Speaker, I remain committed to fighting against human trafficking, but this bill may result in serious unintended consequences for innocent people, including losing access to their money and to the financial system based on the mere accusation from a nonprofit. For this reason, I oppose this bill.

Transcript of hearing on bill

edit on 25-10-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

The worst type of bipartisanship

I have not heard any good things about Sen. Kyrsten Sinema, though, so seeing her name on this is not surprising.

I can happily say that I don't think that either my congressman (Massie) or one of my senators (Paul) will vote for something like this.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

So your contribution to the convo is to complain that I didn’t talk about it enough and to chastise me for pointing out the absurdity of two threads about people’s genitals with no mention of this anywhere. I shared my thoughts on it clearly albeit through sarcasm and I provided a link with all the pertinent information. What more do you want, a thesis or dissertation? Some people just live to complain.

top topics

join