It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whomever sent the suspicions packages just screwed their side for a long time.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

This is how I am looking at it right now...

If this was a real threat...someone would be dead.
If this was a staged threat for votes and the media...you have what happened today.

I suspect White, 35-50y/o Independent who wanted to vote Bernie in 2016

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: network dude
It's clues like that, that make this look like it was intended to be blamed on the unhinged right wing extremists.

Maybe it was. So? That doesn't mean ya'll are.

when you say Ya'll, you don't really mean that literally, right? I mean, not everyone in the US who leans right is an unhinged extremist, just as not all liberals are whiny crybabies who need safe spaces and cuddle puppies when they are challenged. I'd guess that at least a few on both sides are somewhat normal. Now Canadians are a different story.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

That's exactly what I'm saying. This dude is responsible for his own actions. Politicizing it is just stupid.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
This reeks of a Dem tactic and Halloween scare to affect the midterm voting. The Dems orchestrated a smear job on Kavanaugh before the midterms, now immigration is being discussed by the media, because of the migrant caravan heading towards the US before midterms and now the pipe bomb scare.

We're voting on policy.

Since when? People should vote on policy, but that doesn't happen. People vote along party lines and have done that for decades.

Concerning politicians:

A Growing Cancer On Congress: The Curse Of Party-Line Voting

Unfortunately party-line voting has become the new normal. As recently as the early 1970s, party unity voting was around 60% but today it is closer to 90% in both the House and Senate.

www.forbes.com...

Concerning American voters:

Party affiliation has become an all-encompassing identity that outweighs the details of specific policies.

“Partisan identification is bigger than anything the party does,” said Frances Lee, a professor at the University of Maryland who wrote a book on partisan polarization. Rather, it stems from something much more fundamental: people’s idea of who they are.

“It more or less boils down to how you see the conflicts in American society, and which groups you see as representing you,” Ms. Lee said. “That often means race, and religion, and ethnicity — those are the social groups that underlie party identification.”

www.nytimes.com...

It more or less boils down to how you see the conflicts in American society

Hmmm...didn't Hillary speak about about Republicans being destructive and not being "civil?"

“You cannot be civil with a political party that wants to destroy what you stand for, what you care about,” Clinton said in an interview with CNN’s Christiane Amanpour.

legalinsurrection.com...

What better way to show that the Republican Party is "uncivil" and desires to "destroy what you stand for," by sending pipe bombs to George Soros, the CNN studio and to Hillary and Obama? AND NOW MAXINE WATERS! THE HORROR!

In politics PERCEPTION is REALITY:

In the 1980s, Lee Atwater was a motor-mouthed Republican strategist for presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush. One of his oft-quoted dictums is: “In politics, perception is reality.”

www.timescolonist.com...

edit on 10/24/2018 by shawmanfromny because: HAD TO ADD THAT HAG, MAXINE WATERS TO THE LIST. WHO'S NEXT? CHUCK SCHUMER??

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Of course this is completely unacceptable. But I'm also certain many on the left are secretly celebrating the prospect this was someone on the right. Not because they really care, but rather because they know this can be used to slime half the country with 90% of the media's help.

Yay team.

Not celebrating... mourning. Mourning the loss of common decency and integrity... but those things were abandoned a long time ago.

You say that people on the Left don't care.... but that's how they see the Right. When you elect a leader who consistently spews dog-whistle toxic rhetoric aimed at minorities, immigrants, Muslims, and even the disabled.... and you have the #ing nerve to say that the Left doesn't care... look in the #ing mirror.

You're gonna have a hard time convincing most people with any common sense that the Right GAF about anyone....

edit on 24-10-2018 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

I can only hope it's not some deranged right winger, as that would seal the deal for dems and likely propel into the 2020 election process. Conversely, if this was a false flag, and it's proven to be such, the dems would be so over. So finding the responsible parties will be a YUGE priority and will have lasting implications.

Regardless who the guilty party is, the Dems media outlets will portray it as the work of a "White Nationalist/Supremecists". Seen that episode of "Madame Suckretary" a few weeks back when a missle is shot into the White Hut? "White Supremacists".

Conversely, if this was a false flag, and it's proven to be such, the dems would be so over. So finding the responsible parties will be a YUGE priority and will have lasting implications.

If it was a Dem/Soros psyop no perps will ever be uncovered. If its jihadis the FBI will blow it and if the FBI/SS come up and pin it on some White Supremacist group, half the country won't believe them. Most liklie case? No "responsible parties" will be found.

I keep wondering at what point will we all hit bottom and realize that the violence ins't worth it?

Once things get to this stage, it becomes a very long, long trip to "bottom" because neither side has been hurt enough to realize the violence isn't getting them anywhere.

I heard a story that long, long ago, we voted because of what people stood for and claimed they would do. I wonder how that might work in today's world?

Won't happen in our lifetimes for 2 rather simple reasons. 1, for a lot of the candidates no one knows what they stand for and if they profess to stand for something, no one believes them, thinking they're just saying stuff to get elected and then 2) no one believes they can achieve any of the stuff they claim they would do.

Result? Every election is about chock blocking your enemies! This ain't about "ideas" or "policies" or "grand vision" anymore.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

This is how I am looking at it right now...

If this was a real threat...someone would be dead.
If this was a staged threat for votes and the media...you have what happened today.

I suspect White, 35-50y/o Independent who wanted to vote Bernie in 2016

ISIS pissed off because they lost funding when Hillary lost the 2016 election.

😎

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Perfect...

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
whomever sent the suspicions packages just screwed their side for a long time.

Sounds like motive to me.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Given the apparent toxicity of our current national political divide, might I suggest that there are potentially far more “bad actors” out there than can be encompassed by merely our own (nominally) two political parties?

No, not Russia. Well, not only Russia, then (since it is too early at this stage to positively rule out anything).

The US, most certainly since the fall of the Soviet Union, has been the presumptive “King of the (global) hill”; a prime target for any one (or any nation) seeking to topple the existing world order. It was thought, perhaps over-optimistically, that the end of the US/Soviet Cold War would bring lasting peace and stability to the world under the aegis of American-style democracy.

But it seems that instead of an uncomfortable, but stable balance between cold-war rivals, the world has inexorably slid into its present head-over-heels reality of increasing extremism and violence; feeding on itself in an ever-growing spiral that can only lead to an eventual holocaust.

Into this maelstrom, it is quite conceivable that some entity(ies) seeking to somehow profit from the diminishment of US influence in global affairs by inflaming American civic chaos, might try to set one side against the other, while favoring neither.

The potential list of suspects in this scenario would include not only foreign countries openly (or covertly) eager to replace the US on the world stage, but also industries, perhaps even individuals or groups who, for their owns reasons, would like the US to fall, or at least fumble.

So before we attack each other, let’s make sure we aren’t being played by someone else.
edit on 24-10-2018 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-10-2018 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Didn't I just mention, that I thought the pipe bomb scare was a Democratic set up to affect the midterms?

AND SO IT BEGINS.....

Newsweek appears to be first out of the gate when it comes to blaming Republican officials for the series of mail bombs addressed to prominent Democrats.

www.conservativereview.com...

There will be many more Liberal biased media outlets blaming bad, uncivil Republicans. Vote for the party of civility! Cross that Party line and vote for the Democrats! Republicans are racist, white nationalists and deplorable, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH
edit on 10/24/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   

If this was sent to CNN … Why are none of the Stamps canceled out by USPS? ?????? This package at least did not seem to have gone thru postal service. CNN we need answers!
edit on 24-10-2018 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

All these packages sent out and not a single one exploded. Why am I not surprised?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS

Won't happen in our lifetimes for 2 rather simple reasons. 1, for a lot of the candidates no one knows what they stand for and if they profess to stand for something, no one believes them, thinking they're just saying stuff to get elected and then 2) no one believes they can achieve any of the stuff they claim they would do.

Result? Every election is about chock blocking your enemies! This ain't about "ideas" or "policies" or "grand vision" anymore.

LOL, not to be a fan boi, but when you look at this from an outside unbiased position, Trump is the only one in recent memory who does actually work on the things he said he would do. The rest of his baggage kind of detracts from that fact on a daily basis. But knowing how he lies, that is a good bit of irony right there.

Seeing the recent political adds, I have little idea what anyone wants to do, but I know plenty of what they all did wrong, as that is the only information we seem to see. Honest Trump........LOL, I"m still smiling over that.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Possible ISIS emblem !!!!

💥😃💥

This was not delivered via USPS either, the stamps were never stamped as canceled.
(right click and open image in new tab for close up)

This was hand delivered.
edit on 10 24 2018 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Trump is the only one in recent memory who does actually work on the things he said he would do.

There is rich irony in that; and its most likely why so many "politicians" and those who worship government in the practice of the religion of politics, hate Trump. He's wrecking the bell curve of promise breaking/ignoring.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

So if they did not go thru USPS .. why need the stamps? If it was hand delivered it should be easy to get a video of the person(s) who delivered them. Or may be it is a setup that was internally "delivered" at an opportune time to coordinate and collaborate a false story?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
a reply to: matafuchs

All these packages sent out and not a single one exploded. Why am I not surprised?

Perhaps because you fail to take into consideration the screening procedures the USPS has had in place to detect potentially explosive devices in the mail before they are processed?

The Unibomber was a long time ago, but lessons were learned, and have not all forgotten.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blarneystoner
Not celebrating... mourning. Mourning the loss of common decency and integrity... but those things were abandoned a long time ago.

You say that people on the Left don't care.... but that's how they see the Right. When you elect a leader who consistently spews dog-whistle toxic rhetoric aimed at minorities, immigrants, Muslims, and even the disabled.... and you have the #ing nerve to say that the Left doesn't care... look in the #ing mirror.

You're gonna have a hard time convincing most people with any common sense that the Right GAF about anyone....

Right. It's all Trump's fault.

While you guys are spouting off about impossible to define, or to prove, dog-whistle claims, a ridiculous number of democrat leaders are expressly and routinely calling for incivility.

Trump is a dick. Most people get that.

But since when is it appropriate to justify your own bad behavior, simply because someone else does it?

Spare me your outrage.

If so many on the left weren't so morally bankrupt, they might have had an opportunity to convince "most people with any common sense that the Left GAF about anyone...."

edit on 24-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join