It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A trans-gender what-if

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Very simply - if Weinstein dressed and identified as a woman, what would the narrative be regarding his attacks on other women? Would it be all about female predators in the film industry? Would it be all about the hulking brooding male who dressed as a female to lure in unsuspecting victims? Can we apply any excuse for Weinsteins behavior to any other man who dresses and identifies as a woman? And the women who dress like men to take advantage of young starlets. Are they as guilty as Weinstein for all the same reasons? If gender is just perceptions, do they get to use the same excuses too? How many edges are on this sword, who gets cut, and who gets a free pass?
edit on 24-10-2018 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Vroomfondel

I personally think the narrative should still be sexual assault. Male on female, male on male, female on male, female on female. All sexual assault is wrong and possible.

I get that is not where you are going and things are never that simple.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I think you would make a fine addition to Harvey's legal team.....

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Rape and sexual assault are the exact same crimes regardless of sex or gender identification. No free passes. It wouldn't matter is Weinstein identified as a parrot, he should get the same punishment. He, and every rapist, should get a much worse punishment than they do. Raping someone should be life in prison, bare minimum.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
That makes sense however, think about the difference between men and women teachers. When its a male teacher the terminology is, "Male teacher rapes/molests female student.' When its a female teacher the terminology is, "Female teacher has inappropriate contact with male student."

Same crime but looked at very differently depending on who does it.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I dunno I am more interested in the what if of:

If I ask or nag someone to have sex not touching them at all the entire time, and despite not feeling like it they agree to have sex, full consent, because it will gain them something they desire, and although they can walk out any time they choose to. (But cannot because you cannot record jack if you leave.)

Regardless of my gender or identifying as a unicorn or whatever, is it still rape/sexual assault/harassment?

If a woman harasses me for sex, or to watch her shower, or something I am uncomfortable with I tend to say "# this, you're a creep and I am out of here. I won't sell my humanity and respect for anything sicko" I don't tend to sit there for several hours later debating the issue.

Is there something wrong with me for leaving and not tolerating that # to get fame or money or a career and other worldy things?

Some of these mens are pigs sure, so are many women equally so.
But I have to wonder if they kind of got that way from 9 out of 10 people giving them what they wanted without question or complaint?

It's the old cliche, actress sleeps with producer to get rich and famous.

Now you get rich and famous from not sleeping with people, but from complaining they wanted to sleep with you.

Is the problem as bad as it seems. Or is it sadly a case of people seeing an easy payout?

Seems much easier these days to make a killing from making accusations without much in the way of actual evidence.

Maybe #metoo is not what people think it means.

You got $100,000 for an interview with Poop Rag Magazine based solely on your word and nothing else?
#metoo please!!!

Sure bad things happen to some people and that is terrible and the perps need consequences.
But I have to say sadly the majority of claims I am seeing these days just seem like attention seeking BS, the ones making the media any ways.

If I was a male actor/producer/director or someone else with wealth and fame I gotta admit I'd be too scared to hit on a woman or ask for her phone number these days.
As just telling someone you think they're pretty now can get you labelled a rapey sexual harrasser.

I tell you, feminism and SJW is going to be the death of mankind. Thanks to them, once a decent sex robot is invented and readily available for consumption women won't have to worry about men coming onto them ever again.
Sorry normal ladies. Thank the crazy/greedy ones for ruining it for everybody.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
That makes sense however, think about the difference between men and women teachers. When its a male teacher the terminology is, "Male teacher rapes/molests female student.' When its a female teacher the terminology is, "Female teacher has inappropriate contact with male student."

Same crime but looked at very differently depending on who does it.

I agree, our legal system surrounding these things is all sorts of messed up.

A point could be made that in the female teacher's case, the students tend to be very willing, or even initiate, the contact. That doesn't mean it isn't wrong, it's still horrible. But from a technical standpoint, it is a bit different. Rape is nonconsensual, statutory rape can be consensual, and they are technically different crimes.

Not arguing with you at all, just sayin'.

I stand by what I said in my previous post though: Life in prison for rapists.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   

If gender is just perceptions, do they get to use the same excuses too? How many edges are on this sword, who gets cut, and who gets a free pass?

No one in Hollyweird gets a free pass. They all bend over to get their roles.
Weinsteiner took the hit for the team. Make it look likes it being dealt with and covered up
when in fact its hardly so.
How many woman in last twenty years have been real woman on the screen and not trannies?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I watched Ellen, who I had not monitored in months,
just because I had been a little remiss on my watch duties, and besides,
I needed a bring me down. Something real real fake about that one.
I hate her a lot. I think she is a bad person all around, but my handler loves her.
That’s nothing new.

So anyway, it happened to be her 60th birthday. I settled in for pain.

A man walked on stage, and the first thing out of Ellen’s mouth was

“TAKE OFF YOUR SHIRT!”

I know, right?
I looked around for the vomit bowl.
I needed it, but It was not

She twerked, closed in on him...I was blacking out as their surfaces approached.
I think they embraced. Not sure if he pawed her ass.
It would have been all over the news cycle, for months.
Firings. Lawsuits. Countersuits.

This whole thing makes me puke.

Good job.

# 1005
edit on 24-10-2018 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Is this what you are getting at

A picture sometimes says a thousand words

new topics

top topics

join