It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is there a push for early & absentee voting?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Back in the day, if you were going to be out (or disabled/unable to physically go to vote) you would cast your ballot via early or absentee voting.

Now it seems that it is being pushed if not outright encouraged. What most people don't realize is that, that type of voting actually costs taxpayers more money.

www.greenbaypressgazette.com...

www.heritage.org...
Early voting also poses another danger: “[T]he most significant is the danger that something may occur on the last few days of the electoral season”

So my question is why is this being pushed so aggressively?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
been breaking all over alternative media the last 48 hours of fraud ballets being recieved. Its just another DNC scam.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51
been breaking all over alternative media the last 48 hours of fraud ballets being recieved. Its just another DNC scam.

exactly. How many dead people and illegals do you think turn in absentee ballets?

This is the first election we've ever had where the President has the ability to investigate voter fraud. He and his team are probably just letting these idiots incriminate themselves.

I bet after this is over, the democrats are exposed for cheating and rigging the election.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

Doubtful. They have been allowed to do this the whole time Trump has been president with very little consiquences. Trump even called off, or at least allowed it to close, in past elections from the last 2 years.

This is why we need voter accountability. Our election have been compromised from the inside. DNC communists are pretty open about it.

BY ANY MEANS NECCESARY!!! Blah, Blah, Blah. Meanwhile a bunch of currupt psudo conservatives put there heads in the sand.

Its the same for internet sensorship we see all over.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:10 AM
link   
In most States, Absentee and Mail-In ballots DO NOT REQUIRE ID.

There's the sure fire way around Voter ID laws and certain registration laws.

They're being encouraged because anyone can do it

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dothedew

In most States, Absentee and Mail-In ballots DO NOT REQUIRE ID.

Ok, this is what I was wondering, what is the benefit (loophole) and that makes sense!

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   
From what I have seen this election:

It is being pushed because of so many new voters. If you vote early and there is an issue, you still have time to resolve that issue.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart
From what I have seen this election:

It is being pushed because of so many new voters. If you vote early and there is an issue, you still have time to resolve that issue.

Thats the bright side way of looking at it.
The dark side way of looking at it is above your post.

My take:
All my friends are interested in voting (mostly liberals) they dont like trump and this is the end of the world for them so many democrats are registering and organizing voting parties all kinds of stuff.

I would like a rule anyone commiting voter fraud cannot vote for 4 years. This is supposed to be a representation of the population. If you cheat that, then you don't believe in your fellow peoples.. ie you think you are better than everyone else.. ie you dont believe what you say you believe about equal rights.

The people I know who are voting havnt mentioned anyone by name.. its either all this side or all that side with few exceptions.
So damn boring.
At least tell me one person you agree with or disagree with.
And Why.

edit on 24-10-2018 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Reverbs

I would like a rule anyone commiting voter fraud cannot vote for 4 years.

I'm pretty sure voting fraud is a felony. So anyone caught doing it won't be able to vote ever again, with the exception of a few states.
edit on 10/24/2018 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

they dont care. Most cannot vote as is. The absentee ballots are being sent out in spanish in many cases and are for dead people.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Yes I see you are right.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=23889037]Reverbs

The people I know who are voting havnt mentioned anyone by name.. its either all this side or all that side with few exceptions.
So damn boring.
At least tell me one person you agree with or disagree with.
And Why.

Which is what I would argue is a huge part of our country's issue right now. Us vs Them. Red vs Blue. Dems vs Repubs. It is not longer what you believe, or what is best for the American people. It is about winning.
edit on 24-10-2018 by headorheart because: corrected embedding

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

yeah.... because America losing for almost 30 years was so great for us wasnt it.

Thats the same logic as hoping the economy crashes to save the USA.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: agenda51

I am speaking about each side being more worried about winning. Not America itself. A greater divide is never better for the whole.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

because dead people cannot go to polling stations

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Because the democrats are hoping to stuff the ballet box. There no cemetery to large for them to dig people up for their vote.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

there is no live and let live with communists. The nationalist pro American populace are not the ones pushing for violence. That is coming from the communists. They are not going to just let all there efforts slip away.

I expect massive violence on a national scale after the midterms. Probably Martial Law.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I think you may not fully understand how early voting is tallied.
Anyone that has served overseas during an election should know how that works.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

I think you may not fully understand how early voting is tallied. Anyone that has served overseas during an election should know how that works.

No I don't, please enlighten me.

I wonder is it so people can try to vote twice or do something shifty?
Is it so one side can see how ahead or behind they are?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
If you split the vote into many categories--early voting, abentee voting, electronic voting, mail-in ballots, provisional ballots, etc.--the system gets easier to rig.

If I had my choice, there would only be voting at the local ballot box, with votes being hand counted after the vote closes.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join