It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ecuador no longer to intervene with UK for Julian Assange

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Ecuador no longer to intervene with UK for Julian Assange

Ecuador does not plan to intervene with the British government on behalf of Julian Assange to negotiate a way for him to leave their embassy in London, according to the country’s foreign minister.

This is an interesting development on the whole Assange novel.

José Valencia said Ecuador’s only responsibility was looking after the Wikileaks founder’s wellbeing, after Mr Assange sued the country over new conditions placed on his asylum in the London embassy.

“Ecuador has no responsibility to take any further steps,” Valencia said. “We are not Mr. Assange’s lawyers, nor are we representatives of the British government. This is a matter to be resolved between Assange and Great Britain.”

This position marks a departure from the country’s previous practice of maintaining dialogue with British authorities over Assange’s situation since granting him asylum in 2012, when he took refuge in Ecuador’s London Embassy after British courts ordered his extradition to Sweden to face questioning in a sexual molestation case.

This is looking bad for Assange right now. I wonder if Trump want to dive in this issue after the midterms, since he declared publicly on behalf of Wikileaks once.

I'm not that well informed on the whole Assange/WL netflix-novel, but I'd like to hear what people are thinking of this.

So, what are your thoughts ATS?
edit on 24/10/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou
Ok, so now the groundwork is being laid down finally to explain Mr. Assange's passing. The whole Khagasshi Saudi Arabia thing was clearly a test bed to see how the general public would react.

Quite predictably, the far left took it up as their mantra for a week or so, as we kind of obviously knew would happen when their programmers tell them what to shout about next.

Funny nobody cared that we also withdrew from the INF treaty with Russia. Ironically, I do not even see a thread on that very issue. So the 500km-5500km ballistic missiles will soon be flying in all directions baby, hellz yea!

Guess what, they allegedly just found a bomb at the home of Hillary and Bill Clinton. How long does it take for that to get posted??
edit on 10-24-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Assange should man up and come out , I dread to think of the money the UK has spent on trying to catch him

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Are you being serious? Man up? Up you realise the moment his feet hell his toe touches the pavement he is going to be arrested, he will then suddenly be extradited to the US NOT to any nation where his accusation of rape or sexual assault have been pretty much closed and he will be thrown into the deepest darkest hole and never seen again and that's if they don't suicide him before he even gets on the plane.

Yeah he should man up it isn't like people haven't been bumped off for proving corruption, lies, out right murder of innocent people or anything right? How many stories have we read about people committing suicide via two gunshots or people who were mugged but nothing taken, or what about the story I think from the late 90s or early 00s with the guy who was a former spy who killed himself but the wounds were in his back? But yeah guy needs to man up.

(Unless you were being sarcastic in which case ignore the above).

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Dwoodward85

No i was being serious , He should come out of exile in that room and get it over with what is it now 6 years ? Brit law is a joke he would be out with a tag on in 2 days and free , look at how easy Gary Mackinnon made it .

The chances of him being extradited to the USA are slim to none , all that will happen is him being charged with breaking his bail conditions

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Don't bite the hand that feeds you. The Ecuadorian Embassy has been accommodating him for a very long time now. We probably will never know what drove the two apart but I am sure he has worn his welcome over time, the lawsuit being the last straw, and now they want him gone.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Funny nobody cared that we also withdrew from the INF treaty with Russia. Ironically, I do not even see a thread on that very issue. So the 500km-5500km ballistic missiles will soon be flying in all directions baby, hellz yea!

Trump Confirms US to pull out of Nuclear Treaty With Russia

Furthermore;

Trump: US Will Build Up Nuclear Arsenal

We do see what's going on,

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
well Trump should have protected him a long time ago but he has been pretty gutless on this front.

Will assange be taken out? Probably. Wont matter. Besides his dead mans switch there are thousands of Assanges out there now. That trend is not going to stop.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: CalibratedZeus
Don't bite the hand that feeds you. The Ecuadorian Embassy has been accommodating him for a very long time now. We probably will never know what drove the two apart but I am sure he has worn his welcome over time, the lawsuit being the last straw, and now they want him gone.

Maybe it was the deep state that threatened Ecuador to give him up before WikiLeaks releases any dirt ahead of the mid-term elections. If I were Assange, I'd stay put for a couple of more weeks. Then, negotiate a deal with the US (Trump) to get asylum.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: LogicalGraphitti

maybe contact Putin as well. Snowden is still alive..... I think.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dwoodward85
Are you being serious? Man up? Up you realise the moment his feet hell his toe touches the pavement he is going to be arrested, he will then suddenly be extradited to the US ...

It's right that he should be arrested. He has tried and failed to have the UK arrest warrant against cancelled. In the February case, Assange's fear of extradition was covered. Read the court ruling, but here's a snippet summing up from the second ruling...

Source Julian Assange ruling

62. Having weighed up the factors for and against and considered Mr Summers ’ arguments I find arrest is a proportionate response even though Mr Assange has restricted his own freedom for a number of years. Defendants on bail up and down the country, and requested persons facing extradition, come to court to face the consequences of their own choices. He should have the courage to do so too

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Look harder, multiple threads about the INF. Trump is 100% right on it.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Assange brought this on himself. He does not understand the requirements placed on diplomatic missions in foreign countries.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: CalibratedZeus
We probably will never know what drove the two apart

A sense of entitlement and the thought process that laws dont apply to him. He exhausted his legal options in Sweden. He exhausted his legal options in the UK. He exhausted his legal options wit the EU. He then moved on to the UN and thought advisory opinions from certain UN groups saying he is illegally being detained etc overrides the legal systems of Sweden, the UK and the EU.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity
oh cool there were some. Good job

Stay informed!

new topics

top topics

join