It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SECOND Migrant Caravan Gathering In Guatemala

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

Have you lived in South America? How can you know for sure there are opportunities?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
a reply to: 3n19m470

The dollar is kind of in the way to that. You rule the global markets. Netflix and hollywood are cultural exports, you made people want what you have.
You dominate global markets. With. The. Dollar. Now shoot them because they want a dollar too. Pathetic.

I dont dominate anything or export anything. I didnt make them watch tv. I didn't make them want anything. I want things too, it doesn't mean I take them from others.

Im just saying maybe its not the smartest thing to just let in whoever...especially when they burn the American Flag and proudly fly a nonAmerican Flag.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Have you lived in South America? How can you know for sure there are opportunities?

Have you???? Tell me all about the total lack of opportunities you experienced on your last visit there.

It's kind of funny, I always see opportunities, a lot of it depends on how you look at things. Thank God no one convinced me I was a victim or it might have been different.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   

So your solution is to kill them? Like all the other nuts on here?
Of course you can't let them in and if they make it in they can't stay. But this is a huge tragedy and you're not the one camping on the streets and marching you watch it comfortably from your couche. You're not the victim and this isn't an attack.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Venezuela is not that much poorer than most down there.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I'm just sick and tired from all the hate and fear you guys have because the poor want a piece of your wealth.

So you have no problem with a poor person wanting some of your wealth? If a poor person takes your wallet and even takes some money out of your account, you would just be hunky dory about it and say...oh well? You would not think it is wrong and illegal? Report it to authorities? Want to recover your loss?

Sorry we talk about the second caravan so I equaled poor with brown for effect, you started with this argument, don't try to turn it on me now.

No, no problem. I have family and friends who are currently in Honduras doing missionary work with the real poor and needy families. They are trying to teach them life skills to provide those opportunities within their own nation. No treks needed.

More should be doing that. Making a trek south to teach them how to create their own opportunities.

Edit add: Opportunities are everywhere. A local lady here, makes trips to the Phillipines. Some families actually live in the landfills. Her gift of opportunity is teaching them how to transform trash to sellable recyclable art or useful items to sell to tourist or use in their own homes.

Perhaps instead of just opening the borders or sending millions to these nations...we should be sending actual folks to teach them how to better their lives and their nations.
edit on 10 24 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

I dont have to know and I dont have to care. There are plenty of places without enough opportunities, even right here in America. It doesn't mean they can just barge in here.

Coming to America should not be a plan B. If you come here, it should be because you love America.

We cant just let everyone in. Wouldnt it be smarter to bring whatever America has that they dont over to their part of the world?

Oh nevermind that would require them to have open borders, multi culturalism, immigration etc. Everyones allowed to be racist as hell except the white majority western nations. Sorry I forgot. Tell them to just carry on, because its working so well!

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Like I said, take in women and small children only. Small children are not teenagers with a chip on their shoulder looking for a fight. Neither are they young men with the same superiority complex.

The teenagers and young men, walk home just like you walked all the way here. Dont like it ? Storm the border and see what happens.

We live in reality people, and reality is dark no matter how you slice it. The majority of those men are economic migrants who will attempt to get into your country with no intention of assimilation.

Dont believe it ? Look at how well its worked for canada to assimilate people into the culture. Everyone wants their culture to be superior and as such, we will forever clash.

You want to move to someone else country, respect the rule of law, respect its citizens or GTFO
edit on 24-10-2018 by threeeyesopen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

So your solution is to kill them? Like all the other nuts on here?
Of course you can't let them in and if they make it in they can't stay. But this is a huge tragedy and you're not the one camping on the streets and marching you watch it comfortably from your couche. You're not the victim and this isn't an attack.

No I am pretty sure I never said kill them... Just don't let them cross our border thats all.
Edit- Of course if they attempt to use physical force to harm a citizen like a border patrol agent, or use physical force to forcibly cross, I believe it is reasonable to respond in kind.
edit on 10/24/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:58 AM
link   

a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I'm just sick and tired from all the hate and fear you guys have because the poor want a piece of your wealth.

So you have no problem with a poor person wanting some of your wealth? If a poor person takes your wallet and even takes some money out of your account, you would just be hunky dory about it and say...oh well? You would not think it is wrong and illegal? Report it to authorities? Want to recover your loss?

Sorry we talk about the second caravan so I equaled poor with brown for effect, you started with this argument, don't try to turn it on me now.

No, no problem. I have family and friends who are currently in Honduras doing missionary work with the real poor and needy families. They are trying to teach them life skills to provide those opportunities within their own nation. No treks needed.

More should be doing that. Making a trek south to teach them how to create their own opportunities.

Edit add: Opportunities are everywhere. A local lady here, makes trips to the Phillipines. Some families actually live in the landfills. Her gift of opportunity is teaching them how to transform trash to sellable recyclable art or useful items to sell to tourist or use in their own homes.

Perhaps instead of just opening the borders or sending millions to these nations...we should be sending actual folks to teach them how to better their lives and their nations.

Quoted for truth. Why are we arguing we agree?

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen

Well if these were US citizens, CPS would take all the children and place them somewhere they could be safe after the conditions their parents put them through, marching for a 1,000 miles in the desert.

At the very least we should have the children given a check up and if any signs of any type of abuse, neglect, starvation or dehydration or the child says they were harmed, take the child and ship the parents back home, after they serve a term for abusing their children in a harsh labor camp.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

I dont have to know and I dont have to care. There are plenty of places without enough opportunities, even right here in America. It doesn't mean they can just barge in here.

Coming to America should not be a plan B. If you come here, it should be because you love America.

We cant just let everyone in. Wouldnt it be smarter to bring whatever America has that they dont over to their part of the world?

Oh nevermind that would require them to have open borders, multi culturalism, immigration etc. Everyones allowed to be racist as hell except the white majority western nations. Sorry I forgot. Tell them to just carry on, because its working so well!

Well said...Bravo..

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   

a reply to: threeeyesopen

Well if these were US citizens, CPS would take all the children and place them somewhere they could be safe after the conditions their parents put them through, marching for a 1,000 miles in the desert.

At the very least we should have the children given a check up and if any signs of any type of abuse, neglect, starvation or dehydration or the child says they were harmed, take the child and ship the parents back home, after they serve a term for abusing their children in a harsh labor camp.

What kind of parents would create such a dilemma for their kids? It really does create a horrible situation for others. No one want to see kids punished for the selfishness and lack of common sense of their parents.
edit on 24-10-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
You do realize that you have to have a social security number to draw welfare, right?

That's cute

edit on 24-10-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

edit on 24-10-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Its like having deja vu....all over again with these threads.

Why do libbies hate the law so much? Its not like you people give a hoot about them once they are in. You can wash your hands and feel good about yourself. Yet these filthy people bring disease, crime and democratic votes.....3 things this country has way to much of.
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

That was a reply to the thread...not you buddha.
edit on 24-10-2018 by lakenheath24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: mysterioustranger

There were so many young under 30 families w babies and old grandma's pushing walkers around the S.S. office...middle eastern clothing, non english speaking or understanding English.

I was pi--ed off after the many years contributing in S.S. for mine

It’s true that certain agencies allow “qualified” aliens to qualify for certain federal aid programs, like SSI, TANF or SNAP. (For example: Domestic violence victims may qualify for Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program benefits, or SNAP). However, nearly every anecdotal report involving illegal immigrants accessing Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits each month is probably false.

www.tcnf.legal...

So quite a few programs they can access.

It makes you even more angry when you realize these people don't really like you, don't respect your culture or anything you stand for, but you are constantly reminded that you need to bend over backwards in order to avoid the possibility that you might offend one of them.

Being an Emergency Med.Tech...I serve everyone, judge no one. We save lives no matter who.

But I've also been rejected to answer a 911 call...because I was a man...and some cultures need a male family member w a female caller...and we'd have to let them bleed waiting for a female EMT.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   
*dbl post removed by poster
edit on 24-10-2018 by mysterioustranger because: Oops

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Theyre escaping violence.

So if violence ever occurs anywhere in the world, the answer is to send a bunch of people from that part of the world, whoever wants to go, to a western white nation.

That will surely stop the violence.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: mysterioustranger

There were so many young under 30 families w babies and old grandma's pushing walkers around the S.S. office...middle eastern clothing, non english speaking or understanding English.

I was pi--ed off after the many years contributing in S.S. for mine

It’s true that certain agencies allow “qualified” aliens to qualify for certain federal aid programs, like SSI, TANF or SNAP. (For example: Domestic violence victims may qualify for Supplemental Nutritional Assistance Program benefits, or SNAP). However, nearly every anecdotal report involving illegal immigrants accessing Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) benefits each month is probably false.

www.tcnf.legal...

So quite a few programs they can access.

It makes you even more angry when you realize these people don't really like you, don't respect your culture or anything you stand for, but you are constantly reminded that you need to bend over backwards in order to avoid the possibility that you might offend one of them.

Being an Emergency Med.Tech...I serve everyone, judge no one. We save lives no matter who.

But I've also been rejected to answer a 911 call...because I was a man...and some cultures need a male family member w a female caller...and we'd have to let them bleed waiting for a female EMT.

Well yeah, you have your Hippocratic Oath to honor so that makes sense and I can respect that. Just to be clear, I would never ask someone their citizenship status before offering help, as a civilian, to anyone who was in need of assistance of any kind.

Im not greedy or wealthy either. I regularly give away what little I have, often to total strangers. Thats why ill never be rich. If there was some way that we could solve everyones hunger and suffering, by giving away Even More and living on even less, I would do it. But what I see happening the way things are currently, is a whole bunch of resources being expended for very little societal "good" or "progress".

I feel it would be a better use of resources to assist them with improving things in their own country, and Id like to be able to visit that country one day... instead of everyone coming to Fortress America where we can aim our nukes at the rest of the world so they dont bother us. Thats no solution because there is still violent people running things in their countries.

These people are flewing violence. Do they have some means of self defense? I wonder what the gun laws are like in Honduras and Guatemala?

Edit- Everyone looks to us for help. I know we are reluctant to be the world police but I kind of think we have no choice.
edit on 10/24/2018 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join