It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS, fully behind Donald Trump, the Liar in chief

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlackJackal

You know you're right, that is exactly what he said. The problem is that he considers almost everyone except conservative media to be fake news. So, yes he considers the majority of the media in this country to be the enemy of the American people.

And what has been the "left-wing media" claim about people who oppose their left-wing views and dare back/vote for Trump for POTUS?...

Reporters, Celebs Call Trump Supporters ‘Nazis,’ ‘KKK,’ Want Them ‘Euthanized’ After Tampa Rally

CNN: No Difference Between Nazi’s and Conservative Media

And it hasn't been just the left-wing main stream media making these claims...

Yet all POTUS Trump has done is call the left-wing media "the enemy of the people." What else do you call "left-wing media authoritarians who have called all Trump supporters/conservatives as "nazis" if not the enemy of at least half of the population of the U.S.?...

It was OBAMA who truly waged a war against the media. He took journalists to court for not giving up their sources.

Why The Obama Administration Wants This Journalist In Jail

Obama and his administration wanted to shut down conservative radio stations a la "Venezuela."

Stop the Shut-down of Conservative Talk Radio

Obama Campaign Tries to Shut Down Chicago Radio Show

We had a true left-wing authoritarian, but the left for the most part stayed quiet meanwhile Obama and his administration labeled Americans who lean to the right in politics as "rightwing extremists/possible terrorists," and waged a war against independent and conservative news sources, which to this day the left keeps fighting for..

edit on 24-10-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: correct link.

edit on 25-10-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Plus, I think you have it backwards. Conservatives tend to want to restrict freedom and liberals tend to want to increase it.

• Freedom of Religion - Conservatives want this limited to Christianity and want it forced upon people in public schools and public buildings
  • Freedom to choose Gender - Conservatives want this limited to what is on someones birth certificate
  • Abortion - Conservatives want this freedom outlawed or severely restricted.
  • Immigration - Conservatives want this restricted and would prefer people like themselves (aka. white)
  • Language - Conservatives want to force everyone to speak the same language, English

I'm afraid you are wrong, conservative values are only considered freedom so long as you are a conservative.

Wrong... Every country does have laws which restrict immigration... By claiming my argument is flawed, and then claiming that having different laws on illegal immigration it makes immigration harder, you are doing nothing more than "confusing the argument. First of all, all countries have different laws on immigration. is it harder? yes. It took my family and I almost 10 years to migrate legally to the U.S. It takes almost as long for ANYONE who wants to migrate legally to the U.S., or any other country "legally."

Illegal immigration is the "easy immigration."

How is my argument wrong when your line of thinking is not only skewed but wrong?...

• Freedom of Religion - Conservatives want this limited to Christianity and want it forced upon people in public schools and public buildings

• Wrong... You are confusing the main argument of under what ideas the U.S. was founded upon, and what freedom of religion entails...

Freedom of religion is the ability of people to live and express, non-violently, their faith, or lack of.

As an example, how many Liberal cities/universities have forbidden Christians to have Christian symbols because "it would offend someone else of a particular religion/no religion"?

This is an example of "leftists" wanting to ban people from having Christian symbols...

You have got it all wrong...

• Freedom to choose Gender - Conservatives want this limited to what is on someones birth certificate

• How is gender chosen? Is any trans-gender able to grow falopian tubes, ovaries and all other women's organs, are they able to create ovum? What about men's organs, can trans-genders who were born a woman able to grow a penis, testicles and sperm?

Did you choose to be born?... Or were you born with certain organs?

And here is the thing... Most conservatives don't care how people choose to live their lives... What most conservatives oppose is being forced to tow the view of anyone else...

Do you think it is right for millions of women and girls to have to share their restrooms and locker rooms with their biological opposites? There are millions of women and girls who don't hold the left-wing view of "you must agree."

• Abortion - Conservatives want this freedom outlawed or severely restricted.

• Wrong again. What conservatives want is for the unborn to have rights.

The Declaration of Independence states:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

www.ushistory.org...

When does creation starts? Does it start after a baby is born, or does it start after the union of a man and a woman allows for a sperm to fertilize an egg?...

The Declaration of independence states every man/woman has a right to LIVE...it doesn't say there is a right to abort...

Yes, there are exceptions such as if the REAL health of the woman is at risk. But what the left wants is "unlimited and un-restrictive abortion... Heck there are already progressives who are arguing that newborns have no rights because the unborn have no rights and there is no difference between the two...

You forget that the left once also held other humans as "not being humans and having no value as humans" just because of the color of their skin... Likewise, nowadays the left is arguing that the "human unborn have no value, and are not human" meanwhile expressing their horror on how chickens, and cows are treated when preparing them as food...

Immigration - Conservatives want this restricted and would prefer people like themselves (aka. white)

Wrong yet again... Conservatives include millions of hispanics, women, and other minorities...

I am a legal immigrant and I am hispanic...

So, you are not only lying, but you are mischaracterizing what conservatives want...

• Language - Conservatives want to force everyone to speak the same language, English

• Wrong yet again... We don't think people should be forced, however, if you are moving to a country, you should abide by the laws of that country, and you as an immigrant should want to learn the native language of that nation...
    Or do you think that just because people move to, let's say China, that the immigrants should force the CHinese to learn their language instead of the other way around?...

edit on 24-10-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:35 PM
    link   
    a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I need a nickname for the Trump supporters on this site. I'm thinking about squirmers since none of you ever address the content of the post and instead try to deflect or use whataboutism because you know you can't intellectually win the debate.

So, let's see what we have here. You are attempting to equate the opinions of some of the worst reporters and celebs with the President of the United States calling the media the enemy of the people? You do realize that there are some real crazy conservative reporters that have said way more idiotic crap right? Instead of covering it all here I will give you a few links. [1][2][3] [4]

I point this out to explain how shallow and inapt your argument actually is. You can't use the opinions of TV journalists and equate that to the position of the President of the United States. Since he is the President his words hold more power than they would otherwise and calling the press the enemy of the people is something a dictator would say, not a democratically elected leader. Dictators hate the press, because the press holds them accountable. Dictators want to do whatever they want and don't want anyone to call them out if they happen to do something unethical. This is why Trump calls out the press, not because they call his followers nazi's but because he doesn't want them writing truthful but unflattering stories about him.

As for Obama and his treatment of the press. I despised it. I agree that his treatment of the press was incredibly ruthless and also was an attack on the freedom of the press. I hoped that I would never see another president act that way toward the press in my lifetime but unfortunately the next one was worse.

But I suppose that's the difference between the two of us, I have no problems calling out politicians who act unethically regardless of party. I don't blindly defend.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:43 PM
    link   
    a reply to: BlackJackal

I did address the claims made in the op... I even showed that the jobs, and the money which will be made in this deal includes what will be made in 10 years, and it includes deals with private businesses. Instead that left-wing link, and the op, tried to claim that only what has been done to this day, and only with the U.S. government, on that deal is what will ever be made, and that is a LIE...

edit on 24-10-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:46 PM
    link   

I need a nickname for the Trump supporters on this site. I'm thinking about squirmers since none of you ever address the content of the post and instead try to deflect or use whataboutism because you know you can't intellectually win the debate.

Of course you do... What else do you want?... Perhaps we should be forced to have a "yellow badge" in our clothes so we can be "recognized" by left-wingers...

www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org...
    edit on 24-10-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:48 PM
    link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
    a reply to: Southern Guardian

He sure does lie A LOT. But I expect this thread to turn into a hate fest towards you. No offense man. I like you but others will get triggered and bring the hate.
    Sorry

But as long as your having fun then f# it

After all can we name any politician at all who has not lied or back flipped on an issue.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 11:55 PM
    link   

originally posted by: oloufo
    a reply to: Southern Guardian

ATS is a bubble for far-right-wings and extremists. I like the science-threads, the funny ones and everything about ufos. All the rest is just personal frustration, paranoia and hate. Sometimes funny to read, but most of the time strange and way over the top.

That's how I see it too. I love most of this site, but the political side of things always passes me by because I just see it as frustrated people having a rant.
    Don't get me wrong they can do that, but after seeing so many of these it has come to the point of just skipping anything to do with politics.
    Some of the threads I have seen about Trump are boarderline comedy at times.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 12:05 AM
    link   

Sigh......

I am responding to your hypothetical world full of nationalist countries. In which, each country, based on the tenants of nationalism, would restrict access to immigration. Yes, I know each country has immigration laws now. I have only shown that in your example people would not be able to easily just pick and choose what country they would like to live in, like you alluded to in your post.

You are confusing the main argument of under what ideas the U.S. was founded upon, and what freedom of religion entails...

Freedom of religion is the ability of people to live and express, non-violently, their faith, or lack of.

As an example, how many Liberal cities/universities have forbidden Christians to have Christian symbols because "it would offend someone else of a particular religion/no religion"?

Are you saying that America was founded on Christian values and that this is a Christian country?

Also, I watched your video, but I also did some research, I can't find anywhere where Christian symbols have been removed. I have found many examples of all religious symbols being removed but not any where only Christian symbols have been removed. If some Muslims want Christian symbols removed but aren't willing to remove theirs as well then they can go pound sand.

Conservatives however gripe and complain all the time about pray being removed from schools. Conservatives want the ten commandments in courtrooms, etc. That's what is against religious freedom. You can't pick and choose what religion is the right religion.

Do you think it is right for millions of women and girls to have to share their restrooms and locker rooms with their biological opposites? There are millions of women and girls who don't hold the left-wing view of "you must agree."

So you are mixing two different issues here but I will address both.

The first issue of choosing your gender. Conservatives do want to restrict this to what is on a persons birth certificate, Trump is even mulling passing a law. So, no I'm not wrong this is a case where conservatives want to restrict freedoms. Do I care if someone born a guy wants to be girl or the other way around? I say do whatever you want, have at it! Do I care if someone born a guy wants to be a female banana, no not really have at it. But conservatives do want to restrict it.

The second issue of bathrooms is a bit more sticky in my opinion. I understand that there are some who think its ok if a guy that identifies as a woman to go into a girls restroom. I'm really not in that camp. However, I am also not sure what the solution to this problem is. A part of me thinks its not that big of an issue because in my over 40 years on this earth I have only seen 2 transgender people that I am aware of. However, I understand that this would be an issue for other people. Anyways, I really don't know the proper solution to this issue.

When does creation starts? Does it start after a baby is born, or does it start after the union of a man and a woman allows for a sperm to fertilize an egg?...

The Declaration of independence states every man/woman has a right to LIVE...it doesn't say there is a right to abort...

You know, I don't think the founders really thought much about abortion when they were writing the Declaration of Independence considering abortion wasn't introduced in America for another 130 years. You can't base your argument against abortion on a document that is over a century older than the topic being discussed.....

For the most part conservatives want abortion outlawed due to religious views that it is murder. They want to force those same views on people who do not share those views.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 02:56 AM
    link   
    Lord Emperor possibly Jesus Trump.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 03:52 AM
    link   

Numerous lies were pointed out and sourced, not a peep about it from him or his ilk.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 03:53 AM
    link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: muzzleflash
    See what the world has come to?

I'm not even a Christian actually. I just think the words attributed to Jesus are brilliant and represent absolute truth from the Heart and Soul.

Yet here I am, an avowed non-Christian, having to tell the Christians that it's not OK to hate anyone - especially your enemies.

It's backwards day here in upside down world!

Well that's because you have a high standard of morals, Christians can treat people like crap then ask for forgiveness or even say it was god's will, basically it's just a justification to be evil .

Only someone who does not know what it means to be a Christian would say that.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 03:55 AM
    link   
    a reply to: Astrocyte

You can think that if you like to be wrong, but this is America, you are welcome to be wrong.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 03:59 AM
    link   

originally posted by: Astrocyte
    a trauma-based illusion

Yes my bank account is a trauma based illusion ... oh wait no it's not.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:01 AM
    link   
    News flash for you.

It's crap on all sides. ATS isn't pro-Trump any more than it is Pro-Clinton etc.

The whole 2 party system in most western countries has become a joke.
    The discussion of it though?
    That's always been a one eyed bias fest of a joke on both sides of the fence forever.

Most of the people who identify themselves with labels like left and right all act like idiots if you ask me.

One great thing about ATS and most public forums. We can pick and choose what we read and respond too.
    Freewill it's a wonderful thing.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:02 AM
    link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: curme
    I remember ATS from the Iraq war days. People in heated arguments about how Bush was right and Saddam had WMDs.

A conspiracy site users, defending the US invasion of Iraq. Let that sink in.

Now we have the Trump defenders. These things go in cycles.

As a vet and a person suffering from Gulf War Syndrome, yes, Iraq had WMD's.

Just sayin'.

I like how more and more evidence is always coming to light about how Iraq did have WMD and the progressives act like none of that exists.

Are Syria's Chemical Weapons Iraq's Missing WMD? Obama's Director of Intelligence Thought So.

www.weeklystandard.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:02 AM
    link   
    a reply to: andy06shake

Yawn. Ad-hom with no substance .. progressive spotted.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:05 AM
    link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: muzzleflash
    See what the world has come to?

I'm not even a Christian actually. I just think the words attributed to Jesus are brilliant and represent absolute truth from the Heart and Soul.

Yet here I am, an avowed non-Christian, having to tell the Christians that it's not OK to hate anyone - especially your enemies.

It's backwards day here in upside down world!

Well that's because you have a high standard of morals, Christians can treat people like crap then ask for forgiveness or even say it was god's will, basically it's just a justification to be evil .

Only someone who does not know what it means to be a Christian would say that.

Very few people actually follow the word of Christ, plenty say they do but their actions and words speak otherwise.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:05 AM
    link   

Yes, which has nothing to do with the press is the enemy of the people. The press has BECOME the enemy of the people by spouting non stop lies and fake news. Everything Trump says is decried as a lie ... even when it's true. We have CNN making up lies, having their source come on CNN to say they are not the source (when they are), then when the source says it's not true they refuse to retract the story.

Fake News is the enemy, Trump is right, and Trump never said the press is the enemy of the people, the press is an idea, one that has been warped by progressives.

And this story itself is a great example of what Trump meant. When Trump said that hundreds of outlets pushed back with headlines reading 'Trump says the press is the enemy of the people' ... except HE NEVER SAID THAT. They created a fake news lie to attack Trump for calling them out on their fake news lies. It's kind of hilarious how they doubled down on being Fake News.
    edit on 25-10-2018 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:09 AM
    link   
    a reply to: SeaWorthy

I remember a day when a black person couldn't touch a white woman. I am glad we can agree it's best we have moved on to not caring about stupid stuff.

posted on Oct, 25 2018 @ 04:11 AM
    link   

No they wouldn't. They would have immigration laws, like America has. They would not have a system designed to reward illegals and allowing the worst of the worst to be welcome with open arms.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join