It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dem Candidate Scott Wallace Dropped an F-Bomb in a Synagogue

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
He is just like the people who he thinks should be allowed in the country and act like they did at home and not assimilate to their surroundings, he thinks he doesn't have to be mindful of the house he is in .
Its like going to grandma's house
You might be able to talk like that at home but you damn well know that you don't do it at grandma's house or you are in trouble.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Basically, you can do it because you stripped the house of worship of its sacredness. It doesn't have to be sacred to you in order to be worthy of respect. I'm not at all Jewish, but it's a synagogue. It's where some people go to worship, and for that reason, it's worthy of respect because it's sacred to them, just like he shouldn't have dropped the f-bomb if they were in a mosque ... or a Buddhist center/temple or anywhere else where people go to practice their religious devotions.

What genius thought it was a good idea to hold a political debate in a sacred house of worship? Did anyone think that commandment about bearing false witness against thy neighbor wouldn't be broken? It's like holding a bachelor party at an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

I have no idea.

I've heard of voting in churches, but I've never thought of them actually debating there.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Oh my gosh, my poor ears! What a mean little rascal he is! He should have been more politically correct.

*clutches pearls*
edit on 10/23/2018 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Why are they holding a debate in a synagogue in the first place. That alone ends talks about this being a sanctified place.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: sligtlyskeptical

It doesn't matter. What he said was wrong regardless the location. That's why he apologized.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Oh my gosh, my poor ears! What a mean little rascal he is! He should have been more politically correct.

*clutches pearls*

Our politicians cuss all over the place and people barely blink an eye. What makes this different is the venue. Most people understand the concept of sacred spaces even if they don't buy into the idea of there being anything sacred.

It's good to know you have no concept of respect unless it applies to you like some others in this thread.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

The new "The Man": Fitzpatrick

Fitzpatrick on civility in politics:
“Well, a good start is to not use vulgarities in the sanctuary of a synagogue in the middle of a congressional debate"

Just had to quote it one more time. LoL

edit on 10 24 2018 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MRinder
a reply to: Trueman

Democrats always keep it classy!

I wonder if Augustus drops some F-bombs in the temple. 😃

If this was a republican doing lol he would have something to say.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join